BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 V 4 Middlesbrough review

Ozz

How do you know that Reid didnt play well?

Lets wait till we get match reports up before we slag off individual players.

But im very disappointed that MGP hasnt had a chance yet again.I dont think he is the type of player for Chelsea away either.

When the (Please don't use that word again) is he "the player" then? In hughes' eyes?

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, back home and I've waited and waited, I've thought about it, I've waited a little longer, I've kicked the dog, battered the wife, ate my tea and now the kids have been banished to their rooms.

Angry ? no not really just another seriously bad day at Ewood Park, the home of my heroes.

Now I have had time to reflect here goes, a view from the Blackburn End.

Where do I start ? Well, for what its worth I considered player ratings, I considered positives, I considered negative and finally I contemplated the refereeing standards and the actual Rovers performance on the park.

What follows will not make good reading in a retrospective way that is.

The team.

Friedel was left hoplessly exposed by juvenile and non existant defending errors, 4 shots 4 goals.

Neill - 5 - when will someone in the management realise that he is no longer a right back, he should be moved inside to the centra half position.

Amoruso - 1 - an absolute stinker, worst ever performance I have ever seen in a blue and white shirt. 2 basic errors 2 goals against, cant tackle, cant pass in fact he cant do anything apart praise his local hairdresser and even then its a poor effort. If there was ever a case for sacking a player for non performance then this is it.

Matteo - 5 - didnt too bad considering.

Gray - 6 - busy but left gaping holes down the flank.

Tugay - 0 - yes thats a big fat ZERO. How can someone with so much experience committ such a stupid error/misjudgement is incredible, it beggers belief. The man is a liability and is clearly so far away from the pace of the game that he can go to grass NOW before it is too late.

Ferguson - 7 - best midfielder on the park. Busy, passed well and even though overrun in the middle he coped very well considering the didgy hamstring.

Emerton - 6 - another steady effort but why ohb why cant he shoot when he has the opportunity ?

Djorkaeff - 6 - missed a sitter when he should have followed in but showed he is a class act with a good 70 or so minutes.

Reid - 5 - clearly this game showed he is out of place in the Premier League. Yes, granted he has been injured but 7 out of 10 passes went to the opposition and his biggest error cost us a goal.

Dickov - 6 - worked hard against big defenders.

subs

Stead - 5 - not enough time to impress but had a go

Jansen - ** - not on long enough

Short - 6 - showed his worth as he played in defence, in midfield and even on the left wing !

So what positives can we take out of the game ?

I am positive that Amoruso is the worst player I have ever seen for the Rovers.

I am positive that Mike Riley is the worst referee I have ever seen.

I am positive that the Rovers stewards are the worst I have ever come across (that pains me as my mates wife is one of them).

I am positive that the 10 or so muppets in front of me in the BBurn End Lower know absolutely nothing about football, know nothing about our club and indeed just simply know nothing.

I am positive that Rovers appointing Mark Hughes is a good appointment, although on the face of it he really has been left in the mire byt he departed regime and may just find himself plying his trade in the Championship next season.

I am pretty positive that Rovers cannot play any worse.

I am pretty positive that the Board will recognise the fact that we need new blood and will loosen the purse strings come January.

I am pretty certain that Rovers have now put themselves in the mother of all battles against relegation.

I have decided against listing the negatives because I have not got all night.

Lets make no bones about the performance, it really was poor. Before I go on I want to make it clear that the referee did NOT cost us the game.

Tugay as I have said is a distant memory of the player he was. It is he who should hang is head in shame, along with Amoruso, along with Reid and along with some fo the others.

I have tried to make sense of how it went so badly wrong. Tugay definately deserved his sending off. But even after he went we still had a chance in the game. Boro were and are not a good side. In fact they were no more than average and really only came out of their shells once they were 3-0 up. Rovers simply buckled under 3 seriously poor mistakes and then were caught on the hop with the 4th. From being a lot more cohesive unit across the middle we just went to pot.

It is my honest view that BRFC is seriously in trouble, its a club on the way down and its definately a club on its "arse".

Now that really upsets me as I am a staunch supporter of the club, I pride myself on being a Rover and my heart bleeds blue blood. I just cannot see how the club are going to make any inroads to gaining 39 points.

As a once pro-sourness supporter I now find it very easy to slate him. he really should have gone in the summer looking on it now. I also blame the board as they should have instigated the push to the door.

So what are we to do ?

We cannot dare to introduce the kids. For those who think MGP is the answer he is not at this crucial point of the season. One thing is for sure we are never going to be in a position where we can spend £10m on new players.

An honest opinion would be to suggest a period back in the old Div 1 or Championship, my fear is that if we went down we would never again see our club back.

The club is undergoing a transition OPPOSITE to what we saw in 1990-1992. We saw what Sir Jack did for us and now that he is no longer with us we are slowly but surely heading back to whence we came.

I hope I am totally wrong.

Many of us "Gimmers" have seen the really bad times, we have seen the good times and the mediocre times. The "newbies" have only really seen the good times with a relegation season or two in between.

Tonight is going to be a typically downer of a Saturday evening consummate with much of last season. Its time to change the tune. Like many others today is the first time I have ever walked off from Ewood before the end of the game. It bloody well hurts and no amount of excuses will help. To see a grown women in tears in the Blackburn End showed that there are people who have BRFC at heart, its a crying shame that some of the players do not give a flying flook about the plight that may become them as no matter what happens they will earn their fast bucks whichever league they play in.

Rovers are heading for the biggest fall ever UNLESS the tides turns big style.

Now then Chelsea away next......

Wheres Moses ??????? sad.gifsad.giftinykit.giftinykit.gifsad.gif

I can honestly say that I have never read such a predictable, cynical load of crap in my life!!!

How did I guess that this topic would have already (2 hours after final whistle) received twice as many posts as our last win. Your a bunch of cynics.

Tugay let the entire team down today, his second booking was pathetic and he owes all of Blackburn a big apology. But apart from that, we didn't play too badly at all in the first half.

Second half, we got caught out too early by an excellent, proven premiership goalscorer, and for the following quarter of an hour we were made to pay, and couldn't get the ball out of our own half, which lead to the resulting 4-0.

There was a distinct improvement in the game against Villa, and unfortunately Tugay's against have prevented that from continuing today, but this stupid pesimistic, arrogant attitude towards Rovers, and how great our many fans think we have the right to be, is getting very predictable and boring.

GET BEHIND THEM!!!

Edited by The1mattjansen

Ratings:

Brad Friedel: 5

Lucas Neill: 3

Lorenzo Amoruso: 1

Dominic Matteo: 5

Michael Gray: 5

Brett Emerton: 6

Barry Ferguson: 7

Tugay: 0

Steven Reid: 4

Youri Djorkaeff: 6

Paul Dickov: 6

Subs:

Craig Short: 8

Matt Jansen: 6

Jonathan Stead: 7

Team effort: 1

The cynical crap you mention 1MJ is actually reality.

We were poor, we were not creative, we were wide open, we were crap, we were outfought, we were out run, we were kippered by a dodgy linesmen, we were truly dire, reid was truly awful,amoruso was ridiculously poor, JHC I could go on and on.

Upto half time I agree we were still in the game, but what happened over the next 11 minutes should have registered a serious worry in your brain about your club and the possible consequences of such a poor performance.

Cynical crap ? Yeh right on bro tinykit.gifsad.gif

I can honestly say that I have never read such a predictable, cynical load of crap in my life!!!

How did I guess that this topic would have already (2 hours after final whistle) received twice as many posts as our last win. Your a bunch of cynics.

Cynic: 1: A member of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who believed virtue to be the only good and self-control to be the only means of achieving virtue. A person adhering to such beliefs.

2: A person who believes that, contrary to the tennets of the Cynic philosophy, much of human behaviour is motivated by self interest.

Yeah, that's us, cynics. If you are going to use long words when you insult us for having the timerity to hold an opinion, you could at least do us the courtesy of looking them up first.

P.S. What match were you watching today?

i didnt watch the match (it wasn't on tv here, only got the goals) but from what i've read, did we really play that badly? i thought the red card cost us though. with our lot, playing against anybody with 10 men for an hour will be hard...

chelski lost today, so they can be beaten. however, we'll be up against a wounded chelski next week... signs are not looking good. sigh.

I am certain that today, The headline on teletext would have been "Souness sacked by Rovers".

That was the first thing I was thinking after the game, this is Souness's fault, these are his players, and now he's undefeated at Newcastle.

Still think there is enough to stay up but its going to be acrap season, and hopefully it will be the younger talent like stead, Pedersen, Gally, Fergy, Tommo, I don't trust the old players are going to turn this club around.

You do get some absolute sh*te on this board.

First of all, Rovers were the better team up until Tugay got his marching orders. No doubt about it, it changed the course of the match. Secondly, they were pretty comfortable until half-time. What happened after that was somewhat predictable. Early goal, Rovers push on, second goal, and then that is that.

Now, for everyone who says Tugay should have been sent off, you may be right. From my angle the second challenge didn't seem that bad but I accept that may not be the case. What is the absolute truth though is that Mike Riley, t*sser, let 3 or 4 similar cynical Boro challenges go (i.e. no booking) in the minutes before Tugay's challenge. There is a simple question of consistency and competence here. I am sick and tired of Rovers fans, including the kn*b on Radio Rovers, apologising for poor refereeing. We get it week in and week out. We have the opposite of "homers" at Ewood.

As for the team, well, if Reid is a prem player then so am I. Amoruso has the worst positional sense of any player I have ever seen, including Sunday morning parks football. Matteo is poor. He has a cultured left foot only if your view of culture is thrash metal. It all feels like relegation again. The board have a serious choice to make - either accpet it and batten down the hatches for championship football or mortgage the farm in an attempt to speculate to accumulate. I don't envy them because it's probably a no-win situation.

One of the worst games I've seen at Ewood in many years.

Defensively, we are appalling. We can’t defend, simple as that. Amoruso needs to be replaced, if we can find anybody better to play instead of him.

After going down to ten men Boro had the game for the taking.

We were poor, but they were good, attacking wise. They knew when to deliver the final pass and when to shoot.

We're not good enough, things have to improve otherwise its going to be another struggling season.

What a shocking day.

It's has alreadly been mentioned but Tugay cost us the game today simple as that.

Ferguson is class, but will move in the transfer window.

Reid is garbage, he's just not good enough.

Amoruso is a clown.

Matteo is a thug.

The rest had a go, but what a pile of rubbish. I don't understand how you can have two left footed players on the bench yet not start with one of them on the left side of midfield.

Watching Rovers is slowly becoming a joke.

At this point I have very little doubt we will be in the bottom four come May.

rover.gif before tugay got himself sent off,we were in for 3 points this afternoon,neither side had worried the keepers,but we were looking the better off 2 poor sides.

after the dismissal we were still in the hunt,at half time boro made a good substitution we did not,surely bringing short on should have happened at the break.jfh finishing showed us all what a good player he is,still i remenber getting slagged off when i said we should have gone for him in the summer.

still apart from the top 3 in the premiership i do not think any side can play for a hour a man down and still get a result,tugay let us down today,and i will be suprised if he represents the club again.

we need to take a point a game till the transfer window opens,this will be difficult but possible even with the dross sourness has left us with.paul gallagher needs to be brought into the team,thommo needs to reappear,and hopefully short and todd can stay match fit.

i want to see some fight in the team,not the best attack happening on the terraces,we were left in the mire by sourness but mark hughes will do his upmost to stop this rot. tinykit.gif

What a nightmare.

Even Steven at half time, I thought we defended very well despited Tugays sending off.

Second half was a joke from start to finish.

Amo and Matteo were a joke and JFHs finishing showed our lot the way forward. The low point of the season(I hope).

STRAIGHTEN YOUR ACT ROVERS OR ITS RELEGATION TIME

PS STEVEN REID?????? WHY?????????

do not blame the ref. Tugay was a complete and utter pillock and this was a sending off tackle never mind the earlier yellow and it was 2 or 3 meters from the ref.

I cannot see where the next point, never mind win will come from. Perhaps the site should have a betting page with any profit going to pay off the contracts of Reid, Tugay, Amo Neil etc.

Also does anyone have the email address for Bob Coar or Williams so they can can understand what the fans really think and home much we really care.

Time for a bucket of ale. mad.gif

I know it was bad and tugs was stupid but how can he get 2 yellows and boro not even one for the exact same thing ...sorry but for the league to let someone who works in nelson college .... wink.gif allegedly.....ref a blackburn football match again after sending lucas off last season buggers belief.

rover.gif before tugay got himself sent off,we were in for 3 points this afternoon,neither side had worried the keepers,but we were looking the better off 2 poor sides.

after the dismissal we were still in the hunt,at half time boro made a good substitution we did not,surely bringing short on should have happened at the break.jfh finishing showed us all what a good player he is,still i remenber getting slagged off when i said we should have gone for him in the summer.

still apart from the top 3 in the premiership i do not think any side can play for a hour a man down and still get a result,tugay let us down today,and i will be suprised if he represents the club again.

we need to take a point a game till the transfer window opens,this will be difficult but possible even with the dross sourness has left us with.paul gallagher needs to be brought into the team,thommo needs to reappear,and hopefully short and todd can stay match fit.

i want to see some fight in the team,not the best attack happening on the terraces,we were left in the mire by sourness but mark hughes will do his upmost to stop this rot. tinykit.gif

Hammer....nail.....head

Finally it appears someone has seen past todays scoreline, and looked at the bigger picture!

We aren't that bad, I am definately not a biased rovers fan, but there's still plenty of hope yet.

Excellent post waggy, good on ya.

I do admire waggy and the1mattjansen for staying optimistic, but how can you be when the players have constantly let down the fans for over a year now. As fans weve had absoloutely nothing to shout about for ages now, its become a rut and a half! I just wished I shared your optimism guys because were not suddenly going to turn the corner after a year of struggle.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.