BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 V 4 Middlesbrough review

Ozz

In twenty odd years of following Rovers I have never left Ewood before the final whistle, until today, but as soon as the third Boro goal went in, I walked. Even when we had eleven men on the pitch we never looked like scoring, but as soon as Tugay was sent off only two questions remained - how long till Boro scored and how many they would beat us by. Tugay was an absolute disgrace, the first yellow (for deliberate handball) may have been questionable, but the the challenge for the second was cynical, petulant and completely unneccesary, leaving the ref no option at all.

The ten individuals left on the pitch (I will not call them a team) were hardly any better, with the exception of Djorkaeff (sp?) not one of them looked in the least bit interested in the farce going on around them. If they weren't willing to play football (and today they quite clearly weren't) then I wasn't willing to give them my support. Flog the lot of them, replace them with shop dummies, whatever. None of them are fit to wear the shirt anyway. Barring a miracle we will be playing Championship football next season, and from today's showing it is exactly what we deserve.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were doomed I can sense it. Absoloutely diabolical. How some of these guys get paid is beyond me-theyre a joke to themselves let alone the club. All of you are talking about how bad we are defensively (believe me I agree-schoolboy defenders are better than Amo, Matteo and Neil), however we couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. We cant score, we cant create and we ship goals for fun=huge dogfight. I don't think that any of this can be blamed on Hughes, he must be so gutted with the squad he's inherited!!! But aren't new managers due a honeymoon period?

Finally, why is it only the Norwegians who rate Gamst Pedersen? No offence meant here, but Norway aren't a huge footballing nation anymore, and if Gamst is playing well now and again for you guys it doesn't mean he will do for us. Alot of players aren't suited to the prem. Hughes and the coaching staff obviously don't think he's good enough.

Anyway, he's the least of our worries right now, I think that the issue of our next point is of more concern! I seriously can't see us getting anything for a while, Chelsea will spank us, this'll be the game where Mourinho's "we'll score loads in one game soon" will come true. Liverpool will roll us over and Norwhich will claim their 2nd victory to finalise our 20th position. Finally to all of you who are saying "If we slip into the bottom three it may wake some people up" absoloute rubbish, it did nothing for us last season and it won't do this time round either!

Rant over from one very angry Rover.

WHY? Why can't Blackburn win a %^$#^ game!? How can any group of individuals play so poorly, I'm convinced that If I just got 11 friends together (who never play football) we could at least give some of these teams a run for their money (okay maybe not but you can see where im going with this). Canada is now out of the world cup qualifying (not that i expected them to win), there is no hockey here, and now Blackburn can't even make an interesting season.

At least the Bills are playing tomorrow. Even they suck!

The highlight of today was the chant from the Rovers fans towards the police ('you only sh1t on your own fans, Sh1t on your own fans').

That says it all really sad.gif

Also i'd like to remark on some idiot on Radio Rovers who said Ferguson as been poor and we should sell him. What's matches as he been to, what a d1ckhead.

Also well done ref , you won Boro the game i'm your proud.

ROVERS FOREVER rover.gif

I thought our build up play wasn't bad today, Ferguson looks as if he's getting better every game. I only remember him mis-placing one pass. Djorkiaeve looks class and Emerton is getting better as well.

However Amouruso and Matteo were shocking. No other words for it. IMO Tugay's first yellow was harsh considering how early on it was, but his second was a definate yellow. But the Mendieta went and did the same - a bad, late tackle from behind, yet it goes unpunished. Then several Middlesbourgh players handeled the ball and it goes unpunished again. One sided to say the least.

Tugay should be setting an example for the younger players in the team. Not diving into players when he has been already booked. I knew he was going to get sent off, as he made a couple of challenges to the one that got him sent off after he'd been booked. He's old, slow, inconsistant and today was the main cause for the loss of three points, as it was an even game before. Drop him!!

Why's everyone on Reid's back, i though he played well today. But in some good challenges and he was basically doing two mens work all afternoon. He an improvement on MGP.

This Midfield would be good me thinks:

----- Emerton --------- Ferguson -------------- Reid -------------- Thommo ---

The highlight of today was the chant from the Rovers fans towards the police ('you only sh1t on your own fans, Sh1t on your own fans').

That says it all really sad.gif

I don't get it

They where sending people out for standing up.

Also well done ref , you won Boro the game i'm your proud.

No he didn't. Tugay went through the back of the player with both feet. As he was already on a yellow he should have showed a bit more common sense, especially as he was challenging for a nothing ball in the middle of the pitch. The second yellow was fully justified (whatever your opinion of the first) and Tugay knew it. The players on the pitch lost us the match today, not the ref, the fans, lady sodding luck or anyone else, and to say otherwise is scapegoating plain and simple.

Well what have we learnt today?

Lesson 1 : Steven Reid is not and will never be a Premiership class footballer

Lesson 2 : Lorenzo Amoruso is just as likely to pass to the other team as he is ours

Lesson 3 : Dominic Matteo found his level with a club that was relegated

Lesson 4 : You can't even trust seasoned pro's to remain calm

Lesson 5 : Rovers hardly pose any type of threat on goal

Lesson 6 : Middlesbrough know how to play against 10 men

The sad thing is, other than Lesson 6, there is nothing new in the first 5.

God, I just love this game. sad.gif

Also how is it that away fans are allowed to go in the boxes behind the Blackburn End, and the away fans are allowed to stand up for the duration of the game, yet our HOME fans, who are slowley disappearing are getting kicked out of the ground for the same thing!?!

That's exactly what the fans where getting at

First match in a long time that I havent wanted to stay stay until the end (as always though, I did stay).

That was embarassing and the only positive I can take out of it is that Tugay won't be playing against Liverpool!

He is a complete idiot and I, as I've said before, it wouldn't bother me if he never plays in blue and white again. That is the second match he has cost us this season.

I have no idea what happened to Amo! He was awsome first half, then awful in the second.

Emerton should not play if its going to be a physical game. He look really good until the first tough tackle went in, then he just wasn't interested. And what the hell was he doing for their 4th?!?!?!

I am still very concerned about up front. We don't have anyone who looks like even creating half chances, nevermind scoring. Dickov can hassle defenders, but he didn't look like he was ever going to score today. When we were down to 10 we were always going to have to play with one up front. The two main options we had, Dickov and Stead, have both played two international matches this week....

I think the performances of Fergusson, Reid and Neill are the only positives to be taken from a thorughly miserable day.

I seriously can't see us getting anything for a while, Chelsea will spank us, this'll be the game where Mourinho's "we'll score loads in one game soon" will come true.

Of course it will and those amongst Chelsea's misfiring superstars must be rubbing their hands at the thought of turning out against the statistical goal-cow that is Blackburn Rovers.

Worse is to come no doubt.

Edited by Rovermatt

do not blame the ref. Tugay was a complete and utter pillock and this was a sending off tackle never mind the earlier yellow and it was 2 or 3 meters from the ref.

I cannot see where the next point, never mind win will come from. Perhaps the site should have a betting page with any profit going to pay off the contracts of Reid, Tugay, Amo Neil etc.

Also does anyone have the email address for Bob Coar or Williams so they can can understand what the fans really think and home much we really care.

Time for a bucket of ale. mad.gif

today Hasslebank scored three goals which the total of goals for all of our strikers the the whole season, Dickov, jasen, Stead, Yori, Gally.

i'd go for at this point:

Friedel

Neill Short Todd Gray

Emerton Tommo/flitty Fergy Perdersen

Djorkaeff/Gally Stead

I don't htink this team would get relegated, if it can stay fit( that rules Short out).

Still although I famously don't like Amo and have got huge stick of that over the last year, he may still be useful for certain games, against some of the poor teams.

Morph, it's the first time in over 20 yrs that I have left early.

You weren't the bloke behind me were you? I had to hurdle the turnstile to get out, and there was already a queue forming to do the same when I left. Previously my optimism has kept me in place right until the death, hoping against hope for a miraculous late turn around (even though it invariably never happens) but today I was just thinking "I'm cold, I'm miserable, and this lot could play till next weekend and still not score. Why am I bothering?". If I had wanted to see a bunch of clowns I'd have gone to the circus.

The worst performance I have seen for years.Sorry to say but right from the kick off our players didn't look up for it..what the hell is going on?,where the hell is our next win coming from?.

There is going to be some real trouble in the BBE very soon if the stewards dont back off..coupled with these awful performances there were a lot of angry faces today.There was also some trouble on Livesey branch Rd with the police being heavy handed.

WHAT AN AWFUL DAY.

What a poor pathetic effort that was, Tugay's red mist was so predictable,that tackle left Riley with no other alternative - such a stupid dismissal. His red card was the catalyst for a goal fest, the defence had more holes in it than swiss cheese, the mid field was all huff with no puff. Where is our next goal coming from ??

Jansen had little chance to impress, my only positive thought relates to Stead - he tried and looked like he wanted to play,unlike the rest of the " team".

Absolute disgrace mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.