BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

• Backroom

Mr Fuji did it to Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 9. Those were the days.

Not quite the same, but more recently (think it was about 10 years ago he came to WWE, but has left since) I always used to enjoy Tajiri's poison mist. Not a manager, but a wrestler!

So spitting 'poison' in an opponent's face is a 'legal' move and an eye poke is fine (wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) :P but a punch to the head is illegal (despite Big Show's WMD and Kane's uppercut being just that).

Part of the joys of wrestling (imo) is the lack of logic. It's just pure entertainment haha.

Edited by darrenermike

Not quite the same, but more recently (think it was about 10 years ago he came to WWE, but has left since) I always used to enjoy Tajiri's poison mist. Not a manager, but a wrestler!

So spitting 'poison' in an opponent's face is a 'legal' move and an eye poke is fine (wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) :P but a punch to the head is illegal (despite Big Show's WMD and Kane's uppercut being just that).

Part of the joys of wrestling (imo) is the lack of logic. It's just pure entertainment haha.

What made me think of the powder was Mr. Paul Bearer's Urn.... it made me wonder, among the crazy things that can happen in wrestling, if something in that kind of bad taste could have happened. I happened to catch some wrestling the other night and I don't know who, but one personality was juggling the urn around and in fact, at one point, it did hit the ground but it did not pop open, I believe he was talking to the Undertaker at this time. This I saw the other night as a whole was rather uneventful but will have to see a bit more.

• Backroom

It was CM Punk. An uncomfortable segment. WWE have as usual taken the low road and decided to make Taker Vs Punk all about Punk disrespecting Paul Bearer. It could and should have been much more than that.

Edited by DE.

It was CM Punk. An uncomfortable segment. WWE have as usual taken the low road and decided to make Taker Vs Punk all about Punk disrespecting Paul Bearer. It could and should have been much more than that.

Thanks for your response DE:

The wikipedia article on CM Punk does discuss this some http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CM_Punk for those who might care to read about it. See the part "Feud with Undertaker."

Edited by Audax

• Backroom

I thought WWE handled his death and brought it into storyline very well last week and this week.

They've done nothing to degrade the memory of Bearer imo. Punk is heel and it's working well imo.

Now, when the Villains were like Michael Hayes, even the Iron Shiek or Baron Von Raschke, that was more like it.... and I know some might argue that the Fabulous Freebirds, 4 Horsemen, weren't really bad guys, I mean even a lot of the old time bad guys were lovable.

This CM Punk, while no weakling, I've got to think a lot of these current wrestlers aren't as pumped up and that's good in that that probably means less steroid use. But I don't think there was a lot of that in the old Mid South Conference. Some I'm sure.

That's why I don't really like the modern wrestling and it's not just that case I saw in isolation but I don't mean to be critical for those who like it.

That's Michael Hayes below. I watched them quite a bit.

PP3MichaelHayesHome.jpg

Here is some upbeat wrestling news I came across:

Whether or not WWE wrestling is fake, what former superstar Chris "The
Masterpiece" Masters did was very, very real. The still-massive wrestler
was called to his mother's home after an unhinged neighbor reportedly
barricaded himself inside, threatening to torch the place if anyone came
in. Masters attempted to talk the man down, but shortly after the
police arrived, the man allegedly lit the house on fire. Masters flew
into Beast Mode, yanking a tree out of the ground (WITH HIS BARE
HANDS!!) and ramming it through a window before pulling his mother to
safety.

http://now.msn.com/chris-masters-former-wwe-wrestler-saves-mother-from-burning-house

So, he uprooted a tree they say??? Wow.

Also, a few years ago, I know there was a case of a wrestler or former wrestler on a train and he did a good deed when there was I believe an assault, the wrestler subdued the attacker until the next train stop.

• Backroom

I thought WWE handled his death and brought it into storyline very well last week and this week.

They've done nothing to degrade the memory of Bearer imo. Punk is heel and it's working well imo.

It's made the match redundant. There's no way Taker is going to lose now, so why bother watching it? I was fine with Punk doing it in the first week to get some heat, but there's no need to keep doing it. It's cheap and lazy. What would they have done if Bearer hadn't died?

• Backroom

It's made the match redundant. There's no way Taker is going to lose now, so why bother watching it? I was fine with Punk doing it in the first week to get some heat, but there's no need to keep doing it. It's cheap and lazy. What would they have done if Bearer hadn't died?

The result may well be redundant, but I reckon it'll still be a match worth watching (as it always was imo). Taker is 5* WM material and Punk has a habit of pulling it off on PPV too. Sure it looks like Taker will win, doesn't mean the match itself won't be a good one, though.

I think the point is Punk trying to play mind games with Taker and will eventually lose out. If Bearer hadn't died, the story would be non-existent, but I do think they've played it the right way. It's upped my interest in the feud, anyway.

• Backroom

JR mentioned earlier this week that he was uncomfortable with the direction the feud had taken and I agree with him tbh. HOWEVER, it's nowhere near as bad as how WWE horrendously exploited Eddie Guerrero's death. That was sickening, and a real low point for the company as a whole.

• Backroom

JR mentioned earlier this week that he was uncomfortable with the direction the feud had taken and I agree with him tbh. HOWEVER, it's nowhere near as bad as how WWE horrendously exploited Eddie Guerrero's death. That was sickening, and a real low point for the company as a whole.

We can agree to disagree I think. But I agree about Eddie. 'He's in hell' was waaaaaayyyyy too far.

• Backroom

Aye, that was pretty bad too. I just remembered in '97 they also interviewed Pillman's wife after he died and really went into tasteless territory there too. They do have a history of it, and for all WCW's faults the one thing I never remember them doing is mocking or exploiting the death of a wrestler.

Though they did make a storyline out of Scott Hall's descent into serious alcoholism and substance abuse, and mocked JR's bells palsy, so... suffice to say wrestling in general is rarely a classy business.

Edited by DE.

• Backroom

The problem is them (or Vince) not knowing the difference between edgy and tasteless. Thank God they got the Benoit thing right by dropping it. But even then, I do feel they went a bit OTT in wiping him from history. Though that's possibly my bias as he was THE wrestler that originally got me interested.

• Backroom

Vince got that spot on the bloke should never be mentioned or acknowledged by them

Its also self preservation for Vince due to the whole roid rage side of it

• Backroom

Vince got that spot on the bloke should never be mentioned or acknowledged by them

Its also self preservation for Vince due to the whole roid rage side of it

I can certainly see why they did it, don't get me wrong. But having worked with ppl with addictions I cant help but think it was one massive and horrific accident.

He killed his family which is absolutely detestable, even if it was due to roid rage. But there was remorse there too as before he killed himself, he set a bible by each of them and crossed their arms.

It's no excuse at all, but to me that showed he'd come to his senses somewhat, realised his crime, paid his respects before deciding he couldn't face punishment and took the cowards way out.

He's deservedly in hell but his career was awesome and I miss Benoit the wrestler in all honesty.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3005520

ATLANTA -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit suffered brain damage from his

years in the ring that could help explain why he killed his wife, son

and himself, a doctor who studied Benoit's brain said Wednesday.

"These

extreme changes throughout Chris Benoit's brain are enough to explain

aberrant behavior, including suicide and even homicide," said Julian

Bailes, chairman of neurosurgery at West Virginia University and a

founding member of the Sports Legacy Institute.

Sad thing is with the facts we have, I hate to say it, Benoits brain deteriorated severely it sounds like, sad for the wife and little boy. Of course, this is something one could research, probably a lot on the web about this.

I think excessive use of steroids can cause problems but not sure if that was Benoit's problem.

Edited by Audax

• Backroom

His brain was fecked, BUT he and WWE have to take the blame for that. Only Benoit can take the blame for the killings. The fact he (imo) demonstrated remorse doesn't make him a good guy. But he did a horrific thing that has unfortunately wiped from history the careers of one of the most gifted wrestlers since before the MondayNightWars and possibly 'ever'.

Had he not done what he did, he'd have been a regular WHC or WWE champ by now imo. Gutted I didn't get to see Benoit vs Angle vs Eddie vs Jericho just once.

• Backroom

It also ruined one of the greatest WrestleMania moments of all time - when he and Eddie hugged in tears after winning their respective world titles.

Nah its still fine

zTZyF.gif