BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

Huge part of my childhood was the wrestling at teatime after the football results on Saturdays. Used to hate McManus. My Nanna was a huge fan and would always talk about it when we went to her house after tea every Saturday night.

Yeah, the best thing about the Wrestling was the theme tune - " Rinky Dink " - Dave " Baby " Cortez.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Glen Jacobs is quite an intelligent bloke by all accounts. If Jesse Ventura can get elected, no reason Kane can't.

You have to imagine the Katie Vick storyline might come back to haunt him though...

Edited by DE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

THAT'S WHAT HE DO!

The best Raw in years :D I was genuinely getting emotional. Dat swerve was perfect :)

Also Brock vs Punk? Teases for a 3-way McMahon power struggle? Whoa nelly!!

Interesting article with a number of pictures on the Iron Shiek:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/iron-sheik--the-man-behind-the-mask-224707360.html

It is an incredible life, one well worth documenting. He was born in a
small village near Tehran. His childhood home had no running water nor
plumbing, but he worked hard and became one of Iran's most popular
athletes. He competed in the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City on its
Greco-Roman wrestling team, and served for a while as a bodyguard for
the family of the Shah.

Iron Shiek use to trot out one of those big clubs once in awhile. As one finding physical fitness as a hobby, I've looked into it. This is a good video on Persian Clubs.

• 4 weeks later...

He accused WWE management of failing to take "reasonable measures" to protect its plotlines.

"These people whom are leaking this information are profiting off it at the expense of the WWE, the fans, and the integrity of the product," Dolphins1925 said.

Love it. A sport with plotlines and integrity.

• Backroom

Love it. A sport with plotlines and integrity.

It's not a sport, it's a soap opera ;)

And that Telegraph article is a non-story tbh. Betting companies know the results WWE plan as well as dirtsheet reports occasionally getting things right.

• Backroom

People bet on snow on Christmas Day, horses running in circles, random spins of a wheel and what colour hat the queen will wear at a wedding

Why not bet on something you enjoy? Sure the outcome is pre determined by the writers but it's not often common knowledge as such

• Backroom

People bet on snow on Christmas Day, horses running in circles, random spins of a wheel and what colour hat the queen will wear at a wedding

Why not bet on something you enjoy? Sure the outcome is pre determined by the writers but it's not often common knowledge as such

defo some easy money to be made there if you study the business.

• Backroom

Must be good to be a member of the writers' family...

Usually shocking odds, mind. 1/10 or some @#/? like that. There's usually a surprise thrown in if you bet on the 'big' events like WrestleMania or SummerSlam. Potential for a bit of money there.

Quite like doing accumulators on WM tbh. It's a fiver and a bit of fun. As mentioned above though, it's very rare that even 5% of an audience know the outcome of matches.

Usually shocking odds, mind. 1/10 or some @#/? like that. There's usually a surprise thrown in if you bet on the 'big' events like WrestleMania or SummerSlam. Potential for a bit of money there.

Quite like doing accumulators on WM tbh. It's a fiver and a bit of fun. As mentioned above though, it's very rare that even 5% of an audience know the outcome of matches.

Or 50% of the actual wrestlers if you happened to be in Montreal, November 1997.

• Backroom

Or 50% of the actual wrestlers if you happened to be in Montreal, November 1997.

:D

Looking forward to WM next year. Rumour is they're finally having SCSA vs Punk and possibly having a heel Rock (representing Vince) vs HHH for control of the WWE.

I'd love to add Brock into that match with Heyman also wanting control.

• Backroom

Last I heard Mellison was they was talk of HHH v Stone Cold which would just be awful

Punk / Stone Cold may be poor but the feud would be perfect it writes itself especially with the picture of child Punk with Stone Cold, he could say he was his idol but after meeting him decided that straightedge was the only way

In other news, Chris Sabin wins the TNA world title at Destination X - but the company is late paying some people, and others have been released. Will we see another WCW situation?

Edited by Dreski

You don't have to tell us but that doesn't mean you can ask us! Honestly Al, I know you've broken your elbow, but goodness me you're a grumpy get!

In other news, Chris Sabin wins the TNA world title at Destination X - but the company is late paying some people, and others have been released. Will we see another WCW situation?

You don't have to worry the Thought Police have deleted my post. Can't take criticism at all.