BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

• Backroom

You don't have to tell us but that doesn't mean you can ask us! Honestly Al, I know you've broken your elbow, but goodness me you're a grumpy get!

In other news, Chris Sabin wins the TNA world title at Destination X - but the company is late paying some people, and others have been released. Will we see another WCW situation?

Going on the road has caused TNA's production costs to skyrocket ($600,000 per episode) and their ratings haven't increased at all - gone down, actually. It's no wonder there are talent being cut.

Think it's a matter of time until TNA folds tbh, they just don't have the TV exposure to become a successful business venture. Spike TV is not TNT, and Bob Carter is not Ted Turner. They can bring in Jeff Hardy, Sting, Hogan, whoever... it will never improve. TNA will make losses until it is shut down.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I've said it before in this very thread and ill say it again if you don't like the subject matter you don't have to discuss it, plenty of people enjoy different things yet refrain from going around calling people for liking something they don't

Insulting people and trolling the subject matter won't be tolerated and will result in posting bans

I've said it before in this very thread and ill say it again if you don't like the subject matter you don't have to discuss it, plenty of people enjoy different things yet refrain from going around calling people for liking something they don't

Insulting people and trolling the subject matter won't be tolerated and will result in posting bans

Sorry if I touched a nerve Tom. I won't comment again.

Likewise edited.

Found this on another site, which really illustrates the state that TNA has got intself into - 500 fans FFS :blink: no wonder they're losing money

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TNA live event in Cape Girardeau, Missouri started last night with a TNA agent coming out and announcing that Chris Sabin, Garett Bischoff, Jay Bradley, Wes Brisco, Gail Kim and Miss Tessmacher would not be allowed to compete by the Missouri Athletic Commission because they did not have licenses to wrestle.

Around 500 fans were in attendance for the 90 minute show. The card featured just 5 matches and 3 of those 5 featured the same four wrestlers. Quick results look like this:

* Bully Ray beat James Storm
* Devon beat Gunner
* Samoa Joe beat Bobby Roode
* Gunner and James Storm beat Ray and Devon
* Jeff Hardy beat Kurt Angle

TNA officials tried to make up for the problems by inviting all fans backstage after the show to meet wrestlers for free. However, Jeff Hardy charged $20 for a photo and fans could not get his autograph. This led to some of the people that paid $65 for VIP tickets to be upset that fans were getting what they paid for for free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

An interesting story coming out of this one, apparently this is essentially a firing being masqueraded as a retirement.

At a recent WWE event Ric Flair got a little crazy (there's a shock) and embarrassed the company. J.R. was "in charge" of overseeing things and apparently Vince was so irritated at this incident he's essentially terminated J.R.'s contract.

• 3 months later...
  • Backroom

So it's looking like the Road to WrestleMania is beginning early this year. Expecting big things tbh.

Teased on Raw this week imo:

HHH vs Punk (I reckon they'll find a way to have Vince vs SCSA going on in the background for that).

HBK vs Bryan (although part of me wants HBK to stay retired after his awesome Taker matches).

Reckon there's a Taker vs Lesnar match in there somewhere too.

More importantly....Royal Rumble. It's in Pittsburgh so can I hope for an Angle cameo? Hoping for some midcard cameos too, like Hurricane, Scott Steiner, Rikishi and S2H.

• Backroom

Kurt Angle works for TNA so unless he gets fired within the next two months it's unlikely he'll be showing up! Plus he's been in rehab recently for numerous DUI charges so not sure WWE would want to touch him at the moment.

• Backroom

Kurt Angle works for TNA so unless he gets fired within the next two months it's unlikely he'll be showing up! Plus he's been in rehab recently for numerous DUI charges so not sure WWE would want to touch him at the moment.

Didn't realise he was still under contract there :/ what's your take on WWE atm?

I feel they were brilliant from post-wm29 to summerslam and have tailed off since. But this past raw was a great ending so I'm hoping they step it up for wm30.

They've been keeping Rhodes and Reigns individually very strong within their teams, so hoping both these guys break out in the upper card or ME next year.

• Backroom

Didn't realise he was still under contract there :/ what's your take on WWE atm?

I feel they were brilliant from post-wm29 to summerslam and have tailed off since. But this past raw was a great ending so I'm hoping they step it up for wm30.

They've been keeping Rhodes and Reigns individually very strong within their teams, so hoping both these guys break out in the upper card or ME next year.

I think WWE has been awful for some time tbh. It was alright around WM season last year but the "authority" storyline with HHH/Stephanie is just bad TV. Their PPV numbers are in steep decline which is no surprise, and the ratings have dipped below 3.0 consistently for some time now which is also a tell-tale sign that people are losing interest in what is a stale and largely disappointing product. There is still some decent stuff - the Shield are good and Goldust coming back and looking great has been fun. Bryan and Punk continue to impress despite not really doing anything important.

But come on, Orton Vs Big Show as the Survivor Series main event? Cena Vs Orton for the millionth time? There is such a lack of fresh ideas at the top of the card and every time a break out star seems to be coming to break the autonomy at the top (from recent memory Punk, Bryan, Ziggler) their pushes are sabotaged and they soon return to playing second fiddle to Cena, Orton and Triple H. That cycle needs to end for WWE to improve.

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom

Don't you have to ring America to cancel the trial though

I'm tempted to sign up but worried id be locked in for 6 months then locked out of the content

In regards to cancelling, it says in the T&C:

IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION CONVERTED INTO A PAID SUBSCRIPTION, YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SERVICE BEFORE THE END OF YOUR TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION BY CALLING (866) 308-5684 OR BY CANCELING IN THE BILLING INFORMATION SECTION OF YOUR WWE NETWORK ACCOUNT.

So it looks like you can cancel online.

As for being locked out of content, I'd say it's unlikely but I suppose it is possible. On the other hand a 6 month sub is still only around £38 so probably a risk worth taking...

• 1 year later...
  • Backroom

Sad, but also unusual. The dropkick and fall onto the ropes looked completely innocuous. Konnan probably didn't help by shaking the guy! Although I'm guessing the damage was already done by that point.

Edited by DE.

Sad, but also unusual. The dropkick and fall onto the ropes looked completely innocuous. Konnan probably didn't help by shaking the guy! Although I'm guessing the damage was already done by that point.

The thing that concerned me was how long he was left left unconscious on the ropes seemingly ignored even after one of the wrestlers showed the ref, then how slow and underprepared the medics where, they seemed to move him on a advertising hoarding.