BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

Must admit- after watching the original brand split on network, I think this may develop some more interest in the b show, which I must admit I haven't watched for years.

Watched Raw Monday because extreme rules was ok, really enjoyed the Japanese style Steen vs Stiles match. Some gnarly neck breakers and KO is easily the best heel in the company these days (for me). Rollins is a really good "chicken @#/?" heel but I genuinely think Owens/Steen could be another Austin level heel who gets baby face pops.

• 2 months later...
  • Backroom

NXT produced another winner last night with Takeover: Brooklyn II - in terms of PPV events, nothing comes close to NXT. I really enjoy every PPV they put on. Entrances, promo vids, matches, everything is just spot on. Great to see TNA old boys Aries, Roode and Joe making a mark as well. These guys deserve a big break, and Eric Young is joining NXT soon as well. A fantastic product that actually in a lot of ways reminds me of TNA before it tried to be WCW 2.0.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Be fair Abs. Wrestlers with unbeaten records in UFC include:

Alberto Del Rio

Batista

Minoru Suzuki

Shinsuke Nakamura

Bobby Lashley

Bob Sapp

Sean O'Haire

Also Dan Severn, Kazushi Sakuraba, and Ken Shamrock had very impressive records although I think they went from full-on UFC careers to wrestling.

Reckon the likes of Kurt Angle, Stu Barrett, and Fit Finlay could've held their own on the Octogon. Punk has never looked the part to me. His shape (despite being a phenomenal athlete) meant I struggled to suspend my disbelief while watching wrestling.

Edited by Mike E

• Backroom

Brock got knocked out mate

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxTghsSWnMc

Punk never looked like a fighter but 2 years training for that is embarrassing; think he's just got to the point where he's rich and can tick things off a bucket list

Ha, forgot that!

Agreed on Punk. If he'd carried on in WWE, he'd have been a great transition champagne for the new breed.

Rolling has done well to step up in putting Balor over so soon though. Shame Balor is injured :(

Be fair Abs. Wrestlers with unbeaten records in UFC include:

Alberto Del Rio

Batista

Minoru Suzuki

Shinsuke Nakamura

Bobby Lashley

Bob Sapp

Sean O'Haire

Also Dan Severn, Kazushi Sakuraba, and Ken Shamrock had very impressive records although I think they went from full-on UFC careers to wrestling.

Reckon the likes of Kurt Angle, Stu Barrett, and Fit Finlay could've held their own on the Octogon. Punk has never looked the part to me. His shape (despite being a phenomenal athlete) meant I struggled to suspend my disbelief while watching wrestling.

Don't want to be pedantic but of all those in your list Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock are the only ones to have competed in the UFC.

And off the top of my head only Batista is unbeaten in his career, by virtue of having one bout.

Bob Sapp's record, for example, is pretty horrible. He was booked mainly for freak show fights in Japan. He's very popular over there.

• Backroom

Punk wanted to start out at a much lower level, but got offered an amazing deal with UFC and felt like he had to accept it. He didn't have a chance, but it was funny how many people he fooled into believing he was a genuine contender.

Not sure where he goes from here. UFC have paid him for multiple fights, so they're going to have to figure out how to put him out there without making him look like a clown again. If he gets destroyed again his appeal will vanish.

I think Dana White said Punk's next fight 'shouldn't be in UFC'. He might change his mind when he sees the buyrates.

It looks like when Smackdown starts airing live in July it will be under brand split rules again. This could actually make the B show relevant again.

AJ Styles as champion is a good start!

• Backroom

I think Dana White said Punk's next fight 'shouldn't be in UFC'. He might change his mind when he sees the buyrates.

Possibly, but he'll also know that if Punk gets murdered again in his next UFC fight he'll become pretty worthless as an attraction. Punk's next fight needs to be given careful consideration.

AJ Styles as champion is a good start!

I've been watching SD since it became live, and it's actually a pretty good show. It feels a lot fresher at two hours, whereas Raw often feels like it drags at three hours. AJ is shining bright, which is great to see, as I've followed him since he was wrestling for TNA back in 2004. It's cool to see so many TNA alumni getting a chance in WWE, whether that's in NXT or on the main roster. Those guys deserve it.

Edited by DE.

Punk wanted to start out at a much lower level, but got offered an amazing deal with UFC and felt like he had to accept it. He didn't have a chance, but it was funny how many people he fooled into believing he was a genuine contender.

Not sure where he goes from here. UFC have paid him for multiple fights, so they're going to have to figure out how to put him out there without making him look like a clown again. If he gets destroyed again his appeal will vanish.

UFC insert a clause into most contracts, certainly up and comers/beginners anyway, where they can cut you after a loss regardless of however many fights of the contract you have fulfilled.

• 5 months later...
  • Backroom

Bad couple of weeks for wrestling, with Chavo Guerrero Sr, Ivan Koloff, and George 'The Animal' Steele all passing away.

HOF inductionslooking very high profile this year. So far Kurt Angle, DDP, Teddy Long, and Rock and Roll Express.

• 1 month later...

I've just watched it on the train into London and quite liked it. No wonder it's now stretched to a barmy 5 hours though. It takes them that long to walk down the ridiculously long ramp to the ring. Plus add on the extra 5 minutes it took Goldberg to actually get to the ring.

The Orton/Wyatt match was poor I agree. Wyatt was all over Orton suddenly RKO and he's down. Poor, poor.