BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Wrestling Entertainment - we know, you don't have to tell us!

• Backroom

I think they could do a lot worse than adopt the NXT formula in some ways.

Just have big 6 PPVs (Rumble, Mania, ExtremeRules, KOTR, Summerslam, SurvivorSeries) with 2 months' build to tell better stories.

I don't mind the Raw set, but at least have PPVs with their own different sets.

I hope I'm not repeating something someone else said, we have this new channel on Satellite, AXS,

I'm watching Wrestling from Japan now, a lot of people there watching the match in Japan, women in attractive evening dresses, here, many go see those matches in very casual wear.

This is pretty good. Now, there is so much glam and such in wrestling, it's lost me largely.

Maybe this is more like the old time wrestling.

Makabe and Ichi maybe are the names.

New Japan Wrestling is the name of this show. I guess this is it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Japan_Pro_Wrestling

Exotic!

These guys don't have the bodybuilding types of physiques.

These two by coincidence:

ishii-vs-makabe.jpg

I don't know half the channels on satellite, I don't pay for it, I get it where I live; but i know there are some good shows on and of course, movies, sport.

Edited by Audax

• Backroom

I hope I'm not repeating something someone else said, we have this new channel on Satellite, AXS,

I'm watching Wrestling from Japan now, a lot of people there watching the match in Japan, women in attractive evening dresses, here, many go see those matches in very casual wear.

This is pretty good. Now, there is so much glam and such in wrestling, it's lost me largely.

Maybe this is more like the old time wrestling.

Makabe and Ichi maybe are the names.

New Japan Wrestling is the name of this show. I guess this is it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Japan_Pro_Wrestling

Exotic!

These guys don't have the bodybuilding types of physiques.

These two by coincidence:

ishii-vs-makabe.jpg

I don't know half the channels on satellite, I don't pay for it, I get it where I live; but i know there are some good shows on and of course, movies, sport.

New Japan isn't what it used to be, but the Japanese style is very different to the American style. Much more focused on the in ring action as opposed to pseudo soap opera storylines.

• Like 1

New Japan isn't what it used to be, but the Japanese style is very different to the American style. Much more focused on the in ring action as opposed to pseudo soap opera storylines.

The soap operas were not bad until they become the dominate factor; I enjoy the out-of-ring dramas but there needs to be a balance.

• Backroom

The soap operas were not bad until they become the dominate factor; I enjoy the out-of-ring dramas but there needs to be a balance.

Yeah, agreed. It's all about balance. I tend to find Japan is a bit too far in one direction, whilst American wrestling is too far in the other. It kind of worked for WWE during the Attitude Era, but they burned through so many storylines in that time that within a few years there was absolutely nothing left.

• Backroom

NJPW lost Styles, Nakamura and two others to WWE earlier this year, and Ibushi has just left to head up his own promotion. Not many stars now past Tanahashi and Okada, and the former is getting on a bit. Interesting times.

NJPW is pretty good at building up new stars, they'll be alright. They also manage to snag a lot of American talent due to there being no major wrestling company beyond WWE in the states.

Shane McMahon returning on Raw was a cool moment. Been a while since I've seen a crowd react quite like that.

Shane McMahon returning on Raw was a cool moment. Been a while since I've seen a crowd react quite like that.

Dave Meltzer (major wrestling journalist) says Shane tried to purchase a "major soccer team" in the UK but didn't manage to get the financing together. He's certainly rich but as David Gold pointed out in his free website autobiography there's a difference between being "cash rich" and "asset rich." Jack Walker became "mega cash rich" after selling Walkersteel at the right time. I would imagine Shane's personal worth is probably well into the 8 figure range but that could include WWE stock, investments, etc.

There was a rumor about Vince buying Newcastle a few years ago. Complete snobbery from the person who responded to that rumor too. Did a quick search on google and Meltzer said a couple of years ago they may have confused Vince with Shane.

No reason to make it up so its probably true Shane had a look at Newcastle.

• Backroom

Be interesting to see what the Shane angle becomes. Will it lead to a brand split? WWE vs NXT (Shane vs HHH)? Is it a swerve of some sort? May we see a return to TV -13 (thinking of WWE actually helping Reigns 'get bloodied' which they never do).

Be interesting to see what the Shane angle becomes. Will it lead to a brand split? WWE vs NXT (Shane vs HHH)? Is it a swerve of some sort? May we see a return to TV -13 (thinking of WWE actually helping Reigns 'get bloodied' which they never do).

Read somewhere he actually used a blood capsule rather than "blading" but it still breaks the "no blood policy." I'm not that bothered if there's blood generally but for cage/cell matches there should be. I'm surprised they haven't introduced "first nosebleed" after somehow managing to "water down" an inferno match. Speaking of first blood remember a match with HHH on one of the old Smackdown games. Bell rings, eyerake, HHH is the winner lol!

Apparently they have intentionally been edgier recently and plan to be until WM at least. Examples being the blood, Vince cursing on Raw and Goldust having an accident with a champagne bottle. (use your imagination lol)

Edited by VinjayV4

Live (and recorded) online you can watch the Hulk Hogan v Gawker sex tape trial! For those who haven't heard...

Hogan was filmed without his knowledge having sex with the wife of "Bubba the love sponge" :D. Gawker gained access to it then posted it online.

Don't worry they won't be showing the tape on the stream! Court stream is a bit too long for me tho...

http://livestream.com/wildabouttrial/events/4901523

This is the type of headline coming from the trial thus far...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/10/business/media/gawker-editors-testimony-stuns-courtroom-in-hulk-hogan-trial.html?_r=0

Hogan certainly has a tendency to be involved in unfortunate recordings.

Edited by VinjayV4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Hogan awarded total of $140 million dollars in Gawker lawsuit.

Imagine if he bought Rovers. He'd make himself player/manager/captain, and every game we'd go 3-0 down before he hulks up and we win 4-3.

WATCHA GONNA DOOOO

WHEN ROVERMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOUUUUU???

Edited by Mike Ellison
  • Like 2

He probably won't get most of it but ironic if he does. Lost a large part of his fortune after being sued himself plus whatever his wife got in the divorce. Who else has lost so much being sued and possibly gained it all back by suing?

Hogan might be an egomaniac but he certainly isn't boring.

Btw, Happy Birthday to the Deadman!

Random comment but did you know he hates cucumbers? :D

undertaker-cucumbers.jpg

Edited by VinjayV4

• Backroom

My first PCW event was back in 2014 (or maybe 13) springslam - Travis v Steen, had me hooked. The guy had it all and in another life could have really made it.

Best physique I have ever seen and to see him so ravaged by cancer was hard to take