BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Club Blackburn

Tom

I went to the school with the lad interviewed in the telegraph article, and to be honest I don't see this taking off. Now I'm all for a persons right to protest and express themselves, but really, form a breakaway club but still give support for the club you're breaking away from? Right then. Suffice to say unless they have an expert team behind the scenes, not only will it be extremely difficult to get the club off the ground and keep it running, but what happens in about 6 months when Tom gets bored and decides to pursue something else that will make him famous? And does nobody else feel that it's more a damning enditement of the fans that they would go to such a pointless length rather than try and talk to some of the higher ups at Venkys and get their points across and see what they have to say, rather than try to form a new club out of spite/contempt? I know it would be easier said than done to talk to the owners in some form, but come on, do we really need to afford the media any more reason to try and make a joke of us or criticise us to the rest of the football supporters and community in the country? Now is very much a time for unity and moving forward under the present conditions, not fracturing as a fanbase.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just not been thought through. It's all well and good comparing themselves to AFC Wimbledon and FC United, but they are not the same circumstances.

Wimbledon fans had their whole club hijacked, moved 80 miles away and their name changed- their club had gone and they were re-creating it in their south west London heartland.

FCUM were tapping into a VAST Man United fanbase in the local area that had been priced out/making a stand.

Blackburn and the east Lancs area cannot support an offshoot club- talking about 5000 people through the door, stadiums it is complete fantasy that will serve to only fracture a fanbase and town. We have owners that leave a lot to be desired, however the circumstances are temporary, they will move on and we will pick up the pieces or they could get things right (HA!), to turn your back on 135 years of history is shameful.

Oh and if you are not going to use the term 'Rovers', Football Club Blackburn, please refrain from playing in those colours= :brfc:

• Backroom

To me it just comes across as some young lads trying to copy what the bigger boys did, at a guess it will be the bunch climbing on Jacks statue.

They have no idea what they even want I don't think.

I agree with others I would have no attachment to the team, why not just go down to Pleasy on a sunday and support your most local team if thats what you want to do.

Blackburn and the east Lancs area cannot support an offshoot club- talking about 5000 people through the door, stadiums it is complete fantasy that will serve to only fracture a fanbase and town

This won't fracture the fanbase. Reality will hit home when these guys convene their meeting in August and only 3 dozen people turn up. And when they ask for the 12 quid membership, most of the assembled company will look the other way. There's a world of difference between clicking "like" on Facebook -- and parting with hard cash and wasting a summer evening for a cause that doesn't even exist yet.

If some people want to make a statement by forming a new club, fine. Point made.

Some of the self-hating, narcissistic comments on here about a proposed new football club are too personal and serve no real purpose.

As if some people have to seek widespread approval from BRFCS posters before taking a stand, as they see it.

One point they make is virtually unarguable: the amount of money directed towards some individuals in the professional game is obscene in social terms and effectively unsustainable in the longer term. At least if football is to retain integrity amongst its grassroots constituency.

It's just not been thought through. It's all well and good comparing themselves to AFC Wimbledon and FC United, but they are not the same circumstances.

Wimbledon fans had their whole club hijacked, moved 80 miles away and their name changed- their club had gone and they were re-creating it in their south west London heartland.

FCUM were tapping into a VAST Man United fanbase in the local area that had been priced out/making a stand.

Blackburn and the east Lancs area cannot support an offshoot club- talking about 5000 people through the door, stadiums it is complete fantasy that will serve to only fracture a fanbase and town. We have owners that leave a lot to be desired, however the circumstances are temporary, they will move on and we will pick up the pieces or they could get things right (HA!), to turn your back on 135 years of history is shameful.

Oh and if you are not going to use the term 'Rovers', Football Club Blackburn, please refrain from playing in those colours= :brfc:

Good points mattyblue, but should the unthinkable happen and BRFC not be around in a few years as some considered opinions see as a possibility what then?

Bunch of chavy muppets who want abit of media exposure.

Sad! We are still in the premier league ffs, those muppets are talking like we have just been kicked out of the league.

Totally with you on this Hughesy, bet they were some of the clowns climbing all over Jacks statue that time.

Why don't they just pack this nonsense in now and stop adding to any embarrasment being caused?

I went to the school with the lad interviewed in the telegraph article, and to be honest I don't see this taking off. Now I'm all for a persons right to protest and express themselves, but really, form a breakaway club but still give support for the club you're breaking away from? Right then. Suffice to say unless they have an expert team behind the scenes, not only will it be extremely difficult to get the club off the ground and keep it running, but what happens in about 6 months when Tom gets bored and decides to pursue something else that will make him famous? And does nobody else feel that it's more a damning enditement of the fans that they would go to such a pointless length rather than try and talk to some of the higher ups at Venkys and get their points across and see what they have to say, rather than try to form a new club out of spite/contempt? I know it would be easier said than done to talk to the owners in some form, but come on, do we really need to afford the media any more reason to try and make a joke of us or criticise us to the rest of the football supporters and community in the country? Now is very much a time for unity and moving forward under the present conditions, not fracturing as a fanbase.

Spot on.

• Backroom

Wow just looked it up and that's quite shameful really.

The one image they have of their proposed club and it's a complete rip off, great start guys.

Wow just looked it up and that's quite shameul really.

The one image they have of their proposed club and it's a complete rip off, great start guys.

Its not just that they stole an image they stole the image of the 2nd biggest American Football game of the year, only the superbowl is a bigger brand. I mean rip off something that might fly under the radar for a bit.

• Backroom

Its not just that they stole an image they stole the image of the 2nd biggest American Football game of the year, only the superbowl is a bigger brand. I mean rip off something that might fly under the radar for a bit.

It's a joke, surely they are opening themselves up for some sort of legal action if they did set up as a business? The image must be protected but I'm not clued up on the legalities of these things.

Hear they are going to be on the radio later on.

I bet Tom is loving the attention! Probably the main reason for setting the whole thing up.

knowing tom for over 10 years, i and many around me have come to realise that, attention is all he's ever wanted!

Cant believe how seriously some people are taking this. Broody hens and eggs spring to mind.

Perhaps it stems from a deep love of the club and a pride in its traditions Theno?....we DONT need 'Bullsh1tters' like these stirring the pot.

If I hear another radio station give these muppets time of day GGGGRRRRRRRR!! :angry2:

• 6 years later...
  • Backroom
On 03/08/2011 at 07:12, Mattyblue said:

Once the season kicks off he'll soon sink back under his stone.

Well you were right!

Just randomly remembered this sorry episode 

Archived