BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

warning humour by pass a bit of light hearted schoolboy humour and good old fashioned slapstick .blimey.have any of you actually watched it or is it hearsay?

matt cancer isnt something to joke about either!!!!!!

Edited by ABBEY

Watched The Demolition Man last night for the first time, great film! Really good action and comedy.

Also Sandra Bullock is just unbelievably hot in the movie.

Its doing the rounds on Sky at the moment, if you see it, its worth a Sky+

Snipes as a baddy and great at it.

Love the overtones of dystopia throughout.

No, I've never even heard of it. Recommend it?

Absolutely it is one of the finest Scifi movies I have seen. It is set in future where the citizens are only allowed a certain life span. When this time is over they have to voluntarily transcend as they put it. If they run then they are hunted down by a special group that makes sure they transcend. It is an older movie but fantastic. Nice to see the late great Jordan in a great role as well.

Noone answering ? Have you seen grown ups or panning me on hearsay?

Abbey it was serious crap, I think that Adam Sandler should be more ashamed at that attempt at humor than he was for Little Nicky. He should stay well clear of making a film for the foreseeable future as he is typecasting himself into an actor that is seriously crap. Spade seems to have the explosive humor of a wet banger and the whole film stank of a very bad, drunk impersonation of the three stooges. I would go so far as to say that it was torturous. There were more laughs watching a five minute advert reel in Lower Slabobia. By the end of the torture I was convinced that it was a subtle horror movie. I stopped drinking and just ate popcorn, hoping to choke to death.

Absolutely it is one of the finest Scifi movies I have seen. It is set in future where the citizens are only allowed a certain life span. When this time is over they have to voluntarily transcend as they put it. If they run then they are hunted down by a special group that makes sure they transcend. It is an older movie but fantastic. Nice to see the late great Jordan in a great role as well.

It's a classic, but looks dated now.

If you like your sci-fi, though, I think you have to have watched this.

It's a classic, but looks dated now.

If you like your sci-fi, though, I think you have to have watched this.

I think the dated look kind of adds to the dystopia element of the whole thing now. They have cleaned up the quality in the latest release and one can ignore the hair and such if one tries hard enough. Who knows what styles would be like in the 23rd century?

Just like Battlestar Gallactica who went to yard sales to get props, the use of old things can sometimes be effective. I think this can be given to old sci-fi films as a gimmie. :lol:

You are right though, it should be on any sci-fi fans list.

I saw Salt last night. It's excellent, save for the ludicrous sequence in which Angelina poses as a bloke.

Thought it was terribly average. Plot holes as wide as the English Channel (why would nuclear weapons be launched with a system that seems to be Windows 3.1?) and pretty nondescript action scenes.

I think the dated look kind of adds to the dystopia element of the whole thing now. They have cleaned up the quality in the latest release and one can ignore the hair and such if one tries hard enough. Who knows what styles would be like in the 23rd century?

ISTR that all the people in Buck Rogers (the early 80's one) had similar style...so maybe that is what the trends will be in the future!

Thought it was terribly average. Plot holes as wide as the English Channel (why would nuclear weapons be launched with a system that seems to be Windows 3.1?) and pretty nondescript action scenes.

Couldn't agree more.

It is a film made for "actors" like Van Damme, Stalone or any other action movie actor.

Most people like it because it has Angelina Jolie. But, as a film, it is poor.

Abbey it was serious crap, I think that Adam Sandler should be more ashamed at that attempt at humor than he was for Little Nicky. He should stay well clear of making a film for the foreseeable future as he is typecasting himself into an actor that is seriously crap. Spade seems to have the explosive humor of a wet banger and the whole film stank of a very bad, drunk impersonation of the three stooges. I would go so far as to say that it was torturous. There were more laughs watching a five minute advert reel in Lower Slabobia. By the end of the torture I was convinced that it was a subtle horror movie. I stopped drinking and just ate popcorn, hoping to choke to death.

still think it was brill, glad you saw it,just leaves 2 now.