BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You mean I've found something you don't have an answer for ?  ?

Interesting how you perceive that I believe I have an answer for everything when I have not given one "answer" in this entire thread. All I have done is speak about other people's theories.

What does that say eh?

(And in my original post that quoted you I was asking you to cite where anybody had suggested that "computer, man or god" had been the "boss," as you stated in your post.) 

Edited by Batman.

Just now, Batman. said:

Interesting how you perceive me to believe that I have an answer for everything when I have not given one "answer" in this entire thread. All I have spoken about is the theories of others.

What does that say?

It says to me that you've been desperate for an audience to speak about the theories of others and I think you've had one long enough on this thread and it probably should have one of it's own in ICBINF.

No disrespect intended as i'm sure some find it fascinating.

Just now, tomphil said:

It says to me that you've been desperate for an audience to speak about the theories of others and I think you've had one long enough on this thread and it probably should have one of it's own in ICBINF.

No disrespect intended as i'm sure some find it fascinating.

If you don't, would it be so difficult to not enter the thread and mind your own business?

No disrespect intended.

Just now, Batman. said:

If you don't, would it be so difficult to not enter the thread and mind your own business?

No disrespect intended.

You'd give an asprin a headache pal, lighten up and get some fresh air over thinking things isn't healthy.

Just now, Batman. said:

You just got annoyed with me and then told me to lighten up.

Are you looking at my pint?

There was no passive aggression in that you just chose to perceive it that way, kind of ironic after what you've been preaching don't you think ?

• Backroom

Tell you what, Batman, I could read these discussions for ages, really interesting!

To reduce it to a little more crude analogy, is the Simulation Theory basically a bit like the Red Dead Redemption? Ie: Your actions determine your 'honour' and this alters how the simulated world treats you even after respawn.

It isn't simply reset unless you know the cheat codes :P in effect science is the hunt for those cheat codes?

• Like 1

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Tell you what, Batman, I could read these discussions for ages, really interesting!

To reduce it to a little more crude analogy, is the Simulation Theory basically a bit like the Red Dead Redemption? Ie: Your actions determine your 'honour' and this alters how the simulated world treats you even after respawn.

It isn't simply reset unless you know the cheat codes :P in effect science is the hunt for those cheat codes?

I probably confused things a bit joking about the NG+ scenario. Simulation Theory in of itself doesn't suggest reincarnation as a possibility, but it doesn't exclude it either. It would come down to interpretation of how consciousness is programmed which is an entirely different discussion. Similarly it doesn't suggest that our actions correlate to how the universe behaves, at least not at the basic level of that theory. It's pretty wide open to interpretation due to its open-ended nature.

Also on an unrelated note free will doesn't exist. Just wanted to throw that out there as a general comment. 

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I read simulation theory as akin to The Matrix.

Dont worry though Elon Musk is (allegedly) on hand to help disconnect us all.

It's just the prism we see the concept through. At our current level of technology we envision computers, servers, hard drives, etc. In a thousand years (assuming we make it that far) the concept will still exist but probably in a somewhat different guise, based on how far we've advanced by then.