BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical of this messageboard......Something is happening an therefore it must be bad!

Go ahead and create AFC Blackburn if your that annoyed.

If Syed was as good as he sounded he would be buying the club. He's had three months to come up with the cash, he obviously hasn't got it.

The way I see it:

If we don't take any investment we're on a hiding to nothing, we can't keep pulling rabbits out of the hat and scraping the French lower league barrel.

If we do take the investment it may be bad, but then again it may be the best move we ever make.

Stick or twist guys and gals, buckle yourself in and enjoy the ride.

Money or no money I am and always will be a Proud Rover :rover:

Most people on here would agree that we HAVE to have new owners if we are to stay in the top flight, however leveraged takeovers do not usually have a Fairy Godmother pulling the strings.

But, who knows what tommorrow will bring... WARNING, this thread can seriously damage your health.

I'm all for the takeover. Whether they're heavily minted or not. They've got exciting plans for the club and at the moment our current plans aren't exciting.

Whether it's a rollercoaster ride or a tea cup ride....I am in the queue and ready to go on it.

The nice and pleasant tea cup ride has broken down.

All aboard the rollercoaster ride. It leaves in 5-10 days.

Just had a txt from a Sikh friend re: the takeover -

Lol, ur club is screwed, indians r the dodgiest ppl in the world u should knw that by now

Say it isn't so!? :(

Well that's that then.

I just had a text from my friend-

"2pm tomo yeah?"

:(

To all the people jamming my inbox with worried PMs, I don't know why the Venky's/Kentaro partnership has been selected as the successful bidder.

It is best that I don't comment and give the Trust/club the opportunity to turn what is rapidly becoming a PR disaster (and let's just hope that is the only form of disaster this is) around.

I didn't post a heck of a lot of stuff I was privy to over the last several months and I am not going to post any more now.

One thing you may be able to clear up - I have a recollection that the Trust said they would sell to somebody that could "take the club forward" ? Also - you have long advocated that Jack left specific instructions to the Trust - which just wouldn't sit with a company taking debt to purchase Rovers.

Personally I have always defended the Trust - IMO if they sell to a company that has to take on debt to acquire us they wouldn't be acting in the correct manner towards Jack's memory - or his legacy to the people of Blackburn.

All these posts and continued hysteria and we still don't know ANY of the FACTS of this takeover. It is bloody funny to read though :D

We do know some. Go back through the thread and you will find links to interviews with Mrs Desai. Unless she has been terribly misquoted, this takeover has gone from exciting to disappointing to deeply worrying.

I thought you would be the last one to take me seriously. :lol:

I was hoping to send the thread off on a tangent of people posting irrelevant texts. Unfortunately people appear to be caught up in this takeover malarky.

lol get a life!

Exactly.

We do know some. Go back through the thread and you will find links to interviews with Mrs Desai. Unless she has been terribly misquoted, this takeover has gone from exciting to disappointing to deeply worrying.

We don't even know who the prospective buyers are!

We don't know about their finances. We don't know about their business plan. We know sfa at this stage so calm down and let things take their course before we judge.

• Backroom

Well that's that then.

I just had a text from my friend-

"2pm tomo yeah?"

:(

I just had an email asking if I wanted to add 2-3 inches, it's not looking good :blush:

"I have a bad feeling about this"

/Han Solo

Never felt this apprehensive about something Rovers related since the threat of Ince looming on the horizon as our Manager.

That episode in our recent history shows that our club can make mistakes of an immense scale, I just hope and pray that this isn't the one to finally kill us off...

Archived