BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

You don't have to fund expansion out of a profit, a well-run profit making business like Venky's could easily get a loan of £20m to take their business model to another country. Not to mention a loan to buy Rovers as part of a plan to take that model to Europe.

As Bucky Rover said, with how the Trust has played this you can't honestly believe that can you ? It makes no sense at all.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The managing director chap from Venky's on CNBC said that the listed company has no connection to the bid, so I don't know if Venky's figures have any relevance. The "promoters" identities and wealth probably is the key.

For all those scrutinising the companys accoutns and getting in a tizz over the companies annual profits not being enough. See above quote!

Its the bidders personal cash thats being used.

As Bucky Rover said, with how the Trust has played this you can't honestly believe that can you ? It makes no sense at all.

All I know is Venky's is a good (relatively) little business, probably worth about 15% of the value of our current owners' business. Out of the frying pan...

£68m is peanuts and this investment in Rovers, should it go ahead, represents a huge risk for the 'promoters' and therefore a huge risk for Rovers.

Not even mentioning that Venky's share has risen 400% in the last 52 weeks.. what if it dips back to where it was a year ago?

From what i can gather, Venky's have an annual turnover of £1 billion with a profit of £118 million last financial year. Hardly Abramovitch or Oil Sheikh territory is it ?

Accyrover

Who in gods name cares??

As long as we get more money than we do at present to spend every season I will be happy!

From what i can gather, Venky's have an annual turnover of £1 billion with a profit of £118 million last financial year. Hardly Abramovitch or Oil Sheikh territory is it ?

Accyrover

The figures coming from where?. please! I'd love to see them, I'd be a happy quack quack if they where available.

Do the people who say that these people are billionaires have anything in response to this?

I very much doubt these figures are accurate. £48m is a lot of cash to be spending if you only hold £64m

The problem is...no one knows how much money they have...a bit like Syed! If they could provide £10 million a year and a good business model/partnership with Kentaro, we would be much the better for it.

For all those scrutinising the companys accoutns and getting in a tizz over the companies annual profits not being enough. See above quote!

Its the bidders personal cash thats being used.

The promoters wealth came from Venky's and the promoters only own £64m of Venky's. It would be impossible to have become even 1/20th of a billionaire from Venky's dividends over the last thirty tears. The promoters assets, outside of Venky's, would need to be 16 times bigger than their entire holding in Venky's for them to be billionaires. Unlikely at best, realistically it's impossible, unless they set up Facebook or something but then they'd be famous for that, not Venky's.

Why is everyone looking for people with billions?

Whoever buys the club WILL want their money back, the more they put in the less chance there is of getting it back without resorting to loans - is that what you want?

Let's keep it real eh?

I don't get the feeling that many people have gotten too excited yet SG. There's a total contrast between Syed's claims that he was going to put £300m into the club, while not wanting a profit - and the stories about Venky's plans. We'll probably never know whether that was the case, but it might hang over Venky's heads for a long time.

We'll just have to hope that our new owners can put across a convincing plan for the club. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit out of the club - as long as it's not just by buying and selling players. I couldn't live with that, and to be honest I don't think that is what this deal will revolve around - surely not?

Let's wait and see, - in the trustees we trust :)

That IS my fear Den,they are business men/women who ultimately WILL demand profit...from Rovers,how else is that possible? :unsure:

I also damn well hope they respect the traditions and fans of our Club too i.e. Ewood park name and club colours and also no sharp rise in ticket prices.

PROFIT? So many questions....

The talk on here is getting stupid now, what has it got to do with us how much they are worth they must have satisfied the Trust and the Premier League to how much money they have got. Provided we dont do a Portsmouth or a Leeds is all i care about and that we get more funds for players than what we get now from the Trust

The promoters wealth came from Venky's and the promoters only own £64m of Venky's. It would be impossible to have become even 1/20th of a billionaire from Venky's dividends over the last thirty tears. The promoters assets, outside of Venky's, would need to be 16 times bigger than their entire holding in Venky's for them to be billionaires. Unlikely at best, realistically it's impossible, unless they set up Facebook or something but then they'd be famous for that, not Venky's.

If the owners aren't actually worth that much, is it likely they would pay the £40 odd million purchase price in cash?

Also, how rich are India's richest women? - as the Owner claims to be among India's wealthiest women!

Accyrover

so, you read todays telegraph!?

were all guessing until they actually come out and state their intentions. im adamant the trust wouldn't sold to them over syed/shah if they hadn't been reassured over their plans, and finances. like nicko stated, the trust were ready to pump some cash in to sams budget come january if we hadn't found a buyer - why would they then rush into a sale to a dodgy group?

Think we've got stop going over the top. The rovers board and trustees have found the person or group to buy rovers in their view. They would have look into the company and owners background and they would have to prove that they have the money to buy the club and to invest in the club long term. Think it's about time that we trust John Williams and the rovers board to find the right owners for us. Nicko said a week ago that a member of the rovers trustees were in India talking to somebody and looking into somebody background. I am sure that the club would have look into the background of the new owners and make sure that they are using the OWN MONEY to buy us and invest in us!!!

TRUST THE CLUB AND JOHN WILLIAMS!!!

It's getting worse!

I dont know why you are so concerned. If it goes tits up, blame can only be directed in one direction:

The Trust.

They are the ones that have deemed the new owners suitable. Worrying about it now is folly, you have no control over it.

Enjoy the ride I say

Archived