BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be wrong here so please correct me if I am.

Under the VH / Kentaro model in 1995 (Applied to today's market):

"That young lad Shearer is looking good"

**NEWSFLASH Shearer sold to Barcelona for £60m**

VH / Kentaro Bank Balance = £60,000,000

"Hey that new young lad is here to replace Shearer, wonder if he is any good."

Q: Where are you getting the money from? Is it going to be from the listed Venky’s or are promoter's going to put up the money?

A: It’s our own sources.

Q: But it will be under the listed Venky’s name or under the promoters’ name?

A: Promoters.

Q: So the listed company does not have anything to do with the club?

A: No.

Can Nicko or anyone else clarify who the "Promoters" are that will own the club?

Probably time to accept the inevitable and the success of the VH bid. Yet I'm very uneasy about this outcome. The next couple of paragraphs are from correspondence I've had with others interested in this takeover so I've clipped them in as there's not point in re-typing :

"VH the family are excellent people and strongly ethical, which I like. Yet they are 100% chicken people and the daughter chair-person is possessed of the need to fulfill her fathers dream of a global poultry company. This does nor fit with a bid for BRFC except for the publicity/name recognition, and there are other ways to achieve that. I know she has two brothers who share the burdens of managing the group and that they (collectively) have dipped their toes into left field investments before like wine importation yet they too are poultry people. The only conclusion I can draw is that Kentara are the real power behind the throne and that worries me greatly.

In a Kentara model BRFC would :

- see no benefits of any transfer activity, fees would all line their pockets

- despite the disproving of the dictum "you can't win anything with kids" I don't relish a team full of works-in-progress in shop windows

- no manager worth his salt is going to accept players arriving/departing at the behest of others, NFC gives a good example of that

- in a more general context I find this direction for football an anti philosophy

- etc., etc.."

I freely admit that I have been hoping for a Syed victory with the proviso of course that all questions as to background and money could be answered. I still hold out some hope but not much.

It's the Kentara involvement pure and simple that has me uneasy. I've long been spouting on about our brand and globalisation through the TV rights and building a presence in India and China, this opportunity has been obvious to anyone who took the blinkers off and took a measured look at the possibilities. So I should be happy with this outcome, I actually wish I had enough money to be part of it as it's going to be a very exciting time for all involved. Yet I really do worry about this particular bid.

Lastly I think the club have done a terrible job at not keeping the fans on side throughout this process. It's just been thrown onto the terraces as a fait accomplis, which I don't like, we deserve more than that. If they don't take the fans with them then trouble may lay ahead.

Still the journo's will be very happy, just think of all the inside track info they'll be pulling from their agent friends for a careers worth of headlines.

Very interesting. Excellent spot.

£46 million deal...£30 million to the Trustees and £16 million for the debt presumably...sounds fair.

Done in ten days...sounds right...Premier League have no issues I am told.

Money to spend and it is all theirs.

Plenty of plans.

Good on them for telling it straight.

It looks like this is a done deal. As I said yesterday we just now need for them to outline our plans. I will put my doubts to one side until we hear from them.

I for one will be glad that we have a mechanism for funding some purchases un Jan.

It's ridiculous how little attention this has received. I know we're an unfashionable small-fry in the eyes of the mass-media but PL takeovers are still big business.

So be it. We'll sneak in under the radar and put the rest of the league to rights. ;)

We are the main story on the BBC Football website and we were the main story on Five Live's sport bulletin this morning.

Best it is going to get for us!

Q: Where are you getting the money from? Is it going to be from the listed Venky’s or are promoter's going to put up the money?

Q: But it will be under the listed Venky’s name or under the promoters’ name?

Can Nicko or anyone else clarify who the "Promoters" are that will own the club?

Kentara, surely?

Might have not turned down Zidane....

Q: Where are you getting the money from? Is it going to be from the listed Venky's or are promoter's going to put up the money?

A: It's our own sources.

Q: But it will be under the listed Venky's name or under the promoters' name?

I think you will find the 'promoters' are the shareholding/directors of Venky.

Might have not turned down Zidane....

Granted but it would have gone like this:

*NEWSFLASH: Good prospect Zidane signs for Rovers*

"That Zidane is a bit special."

*NEWSFLASH: Zidane signs for Real.*

It's going to be a waste of time doing shirt printing from now on!

Under the Trust model in 2010

"That young lad Kalinic is looking good"

**NEWSFLASH Kalinic purchased by Rovers for £6m**

**NEWSFLASH Rovers sell off over £23 million pounds of talent to fund a £6 million pound player...the rest has cleared some debt and paid for wages**

Rovers balance? -£16 million debt, threat of relegation, no money to purchase players and no support from Trust.

This model is not sustainable and IF the owners decide to make profits on the players, so what? As long as a fair amount is reinvested into the club this will be a win win situation.

Under the Trust model in 2010

"That young lad Kalinic is looking good"

**NEWSFLASH Kalinic purchased by Rovers for £6m**

**NEWSFLASH Rovers sell off over £23 million pounds of talent to fund a £6 million pound player...the rest has cleared some debt and paid for wages**

Rovers balance? -£16 million debt, threat of relegation, no money to purchase players and no support from Trust.

This model is not sustainable and IF the owners decide to make profits on the players, so what? As long as a fair amount is reinvested into the club this will be a win win situation.

Made me laugh.

Good point.

What are the odds of the new owners being presented at the Wigan game?

So project a couple of decades on and under the model you outlined we would get to see the new Alan Shearer at Ewood. Only for a while of course till his value soared and its off to Chelsea/Real/Whoever.

But his value would only soar if he put in great performances for us!

What's not to like? When have we ever been able to hold on to top players in the modern era? We only had the original Shearer for 4 years but what memories we've been left.

Tell me this isn't going to be better than what we are enduring right now.

This sounds positive i think

Q: But is 46 million pounds the kind of money that you will be paying upfront or is this to be apportioned over the next few years or few quarters?

A: Upfront.

Very interesting. Excellent spot.

£46 million deal...£30 million to the Trustees and £16 million for the debt presumably...sounds fair.

Done in ten days...sounds right...Premier League have no issues I am told.

Money to spend and it is all theirs.

Plenty of plans.

Good on them for telling it straight.

Any idea who Anuj Singlal is, he did the interview, he is not listed as a director of Venky or any of the subsidiaries.

Venky's management

We are the main story on the BBC Football website and we were the main story on Five Live's sport bulletin this morning.

And two national newspapers getting bits in for the past two months or more...well I never. :lol:

God, you're right. Must be a slow day at the office.

EDIT: Garner subscribing to Sam's "we need a goalscorer" mantra. It's true we lack firepower, but most of that starts and ends with the midfield. I'm surprised so many miss this.

Archived