BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

VH cannot possibly be in this to make a profit out of Rovers in the conventional sense.

Disagree- of course they can. Lots of owners have taken over Premiership clubs with the delusion that they can make money out of it. Most have failed, for the clubs and for themselves. Often catastrophically. I really hope Venkys don't have these expectations, or this will not end well for anyone. But I expect, as a conglomerate, they will have these expectations. I haven't heard of a philanthropic conglomerate before, philanthropists are rare so more commonly they are just individuals with big wallets and big hearts. I hope Venkys are different, or that one generous soul is by far the most influential there, or I worry for the outcome.

I cannot believe for a moment that the Trust and JW have bought into the sort of stuff I have been hearing about Kentaro's involvement and intentions. The fact the Trust are in the process of selling to Venky's in the knowledge of Kentaro's involvement means that what I have got must be wrong.

Stuff you have been 'hearing' (reading) on this board, or stuff you've heard privately?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can nobody see that Nicko's sensationalised scribblings are just that? Come on, he's being rambling on about this group taking over or that group taking over for over three years. Umpteen times, we've been oh-so close to a takeover according to him. He only comes on here because he gets spoon fed titbits of information by PM with which he can then make up a story for the Mirror. He actually gets paid for simply embellishing the information people on here provide him with.

Yup.

Now that it's officially almost done I think we can breathe a sigh of relief. It's been frustrating for most (

).

Thanks to nicko, Kamy and the tip-offs for the information provided throughout this saga.

What now for Big Sam at the end of the season?

Hopefully still flying through space as the size 11 Indian boot that connected with his arse the day the took over projected him into the far unknown :lol:

End of the season Crown deal ends.

Don’t forget the ‘Walkersteel’ sponsorship of the Riverside is still up for grabs too.

We also do not have a radio contract anymore.

Also not sure if Umbro ends in the summer too?

And below will be our new kit manufacturer...

Le_coq_sportif_Logo.JPG

Sorry I am late...difficult to find laptop through all of this cigar smoke... ;)

A couple of things about the future, which is after all soon upon us.

1...this deal will happen very quickly...the work has been done very slickly in the past few days...everyone is happy...you should really have picked that up by the clues coming from the club...the Premier League 'test' was the real significant point too...

2...there is a survival fight to be taken on...the next few games are now doubly important for all concerned...

3...I would imagine Kentaro will be looking at their best available players as loan options for January...working on that one already...

4...the manager...I am not going to apologise for saying that the pressure is on him..he has done a terrific job in the current circumstances - few could have done better...the fact remains that new owners always like to have their own people...and when the new owners have the kind of plan that Kentaro have then it becomes more likely that there will be change...check the record books, that's what happens...

Anyway, glad a long haul to find a new owner has finally produced.

Timing will be everything for them...get it right in January and you can prosper...get it wrong and they will be wondering why they bothered by the time summer arrives.

WRONG

LT have done checks into the company (probably got the info from rovers)....they have a turnover of £1bn a year, with £118m profits in 09-10 alone...and its increasing all the time it seems as they are constantly expanding, such as into Bangladesh!

WRONG

LT have done checks into the company (probably got the info from rovers)....they have a turnover of £1bn a year, with £118m profits in 09-10 alone...and its increasing all the time it seems as they are constantly expanding, such as into Bangladesh!

One thing that I haven't seen taken into account is that if I'm not mistaken, they've also been in business for decades. I'm sure they will have a lot saved up in the bank besides their yearly profits. I suspect their father will have left them a large inheritance as well as his companies legacy.

I hope so because if that article is correct it'll mean we have owners with a smaller fortune than the Walkers :unsure:

According to the Daily Telegraph the comapnies turnover is as follows:-

Venky's are established as Asia's largest poultry group and have an annual turnover of £1 billion, last year recording a profit of £118 million.

Telegraph Link

Well we all knew there is LITTLE point in increasing our attendance yet...so that saves some cash.

Then if the plan in the future is sign young talent, sell for big bucks - yes it may cost to set up at first but after 5 years or so it should become self sufficient if its working.

It says Rovers have been impressed by their credentials…..it also makes a point of saying Syed 'CLAIMED' he would invest £300m

Can I just mention it's only a few weeks ago you were spouting all over the MB as to how Syed should spend his money - almost to the extent most of us wondered why you don't buy the club as you appear to have detailed knowledge of how everything from car parking to building hotels should be done by the club. So he certainly suckered you.

Can't help but notice you're running around like a five year old in a sweetie shop again today................

WRONG

You really are insufferable

One thing that I haven't seen taken into account is that if I'm not mistaken, they've also been in business for decades. I'm sure they have a lot saved up in the bank besides their yearly profits. I suspect their father will have left them a large inheritance as well as his companies legacy.

I hope so because if that article is correct it'll mean we have owners with a smaller fortune :unsure:

The story of how they made there money is in the LT…very interesting – basically the guy worked for a university under the US development scheme & produced 2000 eggs a day through his farm at the Uni….they then dumped him & he was scrabbling around for work on local farms etc – however unknown to him, his wife had invested some of the money they had made into a 7 acre site, which he then developed into his own farm & started increasing from there….good story for the LT, check it out

As for your comments Paul – please stop taking yourself so seriously….the talk of Syed’s £300m was exciting was it not?? I mean come on we are used to £0 transfer funds. I was simply putting ideas out there how to try and improve our income etc…better than hiding behind my PC like some!

One thing that I haven't seen taken into account is that if I'm not mistaken, they've also been in business for decades. I'm sure they will have a lot saved up in the bank besides their yearly profits. I suspect their father will have left them a large inheritance as well as his companies legacy.

I hope so because if that article is correct it'll mean we have owners with a smaller fortune than the Walkers :unsure:

Lets not forget that the Walkers never went broke, they just CHOSE not to spend enough on the football club they own.

2...there is a survival fight to be taken on...the next few games are now doubly important for all concerned...

3...I would imagine Kentaro will be looking at their best available players as loan options for January...working on that one already...

4...the manager...I am not going to apologise for saying that the pressure is on him..he has done a terrific job in the current circumstances - few could have done better...the fact remains that new owners always like to have their own people...and when the new owners have the kind of plan that Kentaro have then it becomes more likely that there will be change...check the record books, that's what happens...

Anyway, glad a long haul to find a new owner has finally produced.

Timing will be everything for them...get it right in January and you can prosper...get it wrong and they will be wondering why they bothered by the time summer arrives.

Care to elaborate on some of the players on their books? I gave up trying to get the info of FIFA.com.

I'm glad the whole saga seems to be drawing to a conclusion. Hopefully now things will calm down and everyone can get back to singing songs round the camp fire.

As long as they don't change the name to Blackburn Crowers, hopefully all will be finger licking good.

Nicko - In your opinon do you believe they will get rid of Sam straight away of give him to he end of the season and see how it gets on?

If Sam is still here in January how much say will he have in the previous mentioned possible loan signings?

Do you think the new manager would just be a yes man and have little say in transfers and will just be brought in to manage the club?

Nicko - In your opinon do you believe they will get rid of Sam straight away of give him to he end of the season and see how it gets on?

If Sam is still here in January how much say will he have in the previous mentioned possible loan signings?

Do you think the new manager would just be a yes man and have little say in transfers and will just be brought in to manage the club?

The bottom line is that Rovers can't go down.

So you would think the time to look at the whole picture would be just before the window.

That's just my opinion, not from anyone about to be in control.

January is a crucial month now for all concerned. Without money you would have either needed to sell, found some extraordinary loan signings or needed to get the Trust to get the finger out. With money and contacts you will have a fighting chance.

No point kidding. The current team are going to be close to the drop zone with its lack of goals and lack of numbers when it comes to the halfway point.

The question then is 'do you stick with a proven survival fighter?' or do you bring in someone to carry out your 'visionary' schemes?

Archived