BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not forget that the Walkers never went broke, they just CHOSE not to spend enough on the football club they own.

I wasn't meaning that the Walkers had a small fortune.

I meant that according to that web page posted above, Venky has less money in the bank than the Walkers £400mil+ vs £700mil+.

I can't see how Venky can have such a relatively small amount of cash when they've been running such a large and successful business for many years.

I will be very interested to see the new business plan for Rovers. As many have remarked - we aren't likely to ever be a profit making business - so will be interesting to see how they plan to "utilise" Rovers as part of their business portfolio. Of course the Premiership is big business world wide - and will help to get the group more widely known - but subsidising Rovers would be an expensive way of doing that.

I should be excited - but remain nervous. Though I don't think the current squad is as bad as many make out - it will need significant investment over the next few years just to stand still. The tie up with Kentaro may provide some interesting talent coming over - but to be honest if it was such a good business model why has nobody else adopted it yet ?

I suppose at this point we have to place our faith in the trust - for whatever reason they rejected Syed and his plans for Rovers - so this new groups plans are hopefully better.

The bottom line is that Rovers can't go down.

So you would think the time to look at the whole picture would be just before the window.

That's just my opinion, not from anyone about to be in control.

January is a crucial month now for all concerned. Without money you would have either needed to sell, found some extraordinary loan signings or needed to get the Trust to get the finger out. With money and contacts you will have a fighting chance.

No point kidding. The current team are going to be close to the drop zone with its lack of goals and lack of numbers when it comes to the halfway point.

The question then is 'do you stick with a proven survival fighter?' or do you bring in someone to carry out your 'visionary' schemes?

Has any team that has left it as late as January to change the helm ever stayed up?

I am concerned that we may effectively have a "dead man walking" as manager taking us through our most difficult period.

I believe that Sam would have known what was going on. It wasn't so long ago that he was getting annoyed with the lack of cash to spend. He already prbable knows his position.

Do not be surprised if he goes for Crouch. He has always wanted him in one of his teams. Rovers are lacking a goal scorer and goal creator.

The thing against Sam staying on, is his style of football, which does not appeal to many. But for a relegation scrap, which could be the situation come January, then Sam is the man.

Can another manager get the best out of the current squad - if so who? It looks like the potential new owners want to develop players to play decent stylish football - which would rule Sam out. Unless he changed his style, which with the right players, he could well do.

It is a risk keeping Sam on as well as letting him go. Strangely when the team play with the ball on the ground, they can at times play some decent stuff. Sadly it is not consistent, and they quickly revert to kick and run, sky ball.

This is only my opinion, of course.

Let's be realistic here guys..

Current Rovers

20 odd million debt, no money to spend, Badly in need of players with a midfield consisting of a french league 2 kid, dunn who hasnt managed more than half a season for five years, grella who is worse than dunn with injuries, emerton who is now just as bad as dunn and grella injury wise and has imo lost all form he ever had. Diouf who is doing o.k now..etc etc

Strike force of kalinic, unproven kid..an unproven loan kid in m diouf, roberts who not even lower league teams are too bothered about taking off us. Benjani who needs a set of new knees.

Lets be honest we have been doing much better in the past and still lost our best players in bentley and santa cruz..We were always a selling club and very soon would sell jones, samba and nzonzi. AND at the end of it we'd still have nothing left to spend.

Future Rovers

No Debt

Funds during transfer windows

Cheap new talent available through kentaro

Huge potential in India

I know which i'd take..However we have people here complaining. You all seem like you would only be happy with a sheikh coming in and spending 100's of millions on us without wanting any return. That was never going to happen. Wake up guys we have finally got the opportunity to see some talented players in the rovers blue and white. Yeah the chances are that the talents will probably eventually be sold on. But, each time they are I'm sure there will be someone else there to replace them. We have the chance to get some cheap talent AND make money out of them. Why not?..and lets be real i'm sure we'll also be buying players outside of kentaro, players we can keep.

If anyone has studied india, since it's booming wealth you will notice how desperate many of them are to emulate the western world. For example how many of them now learn english and prefer to talk english over their 1st language, as it seems more 'hip'. You can now goto shopping centres there and find pizza huts, debenhams, nandos etc all at ridiculously high prices knowing that those who can afford it will pay the money just to seem more advanced and western.

In the same way people will start watching football, the indians know this, hence why the 'chicken run' by all the indians to buy us.

We will be the EPL's new "Crewe Alexandra".

I would like to see Big Sam stay at least to the end of the season. But he HAS to change the style of football we play. Perhaps with new creative midfielders and new strikers in January he can do this.

I think the model that people are talking about will be similar to Genoa FC.

Who have the rights to a lot of players, but generally buy the talent then loan back to parent clubs. If/When these players reach potential the club has the rights to either make a tidy profit or boost their own team.

For example Genoa co-owns AC Milan midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng. If he performs well then Genoa could make a tidy profit as AC Milan would probably want full ownership long term. If not, then next season Boateng will play for Genoa.

Looking at their wikipedia page, they have a first team squad of 27, with a further 37 players out on loan.

Well there we go.

Firstly, it was only the topic of the post on the official site that surprised me.

Everything else was a standard press release as I outlined yesterday. If you through last night's posts you will see that I was referring to people that were under the impression that the club was likely to change hands today. I know for a fact that Kentaro are involved but there was no mention of them in the press release. Therefore, there was no more information than what was in The Mirror.

I'm reserving judgement until we find out what they are planning to do.

Q: Can you confirm that you have indeed signed a deal to buy Blackburn Rovers?

A: Yes, it is very much confirmed. In the next ten days we will be announcing it formally.

There you go then.

from what people read into the statement, the club is as good as sold so stop trying to split hairs. By the way, do you work in PR ;):lol:

Not anymore.

I'm not denying that it is a done deal.

But I was excited about Syed Ali's bid so I'm not getting excited until everything is confirmed by the club.

Also, the ten day thing. Didn't someone say that the Premier League Test supposedly takes 7 to 10 days?

It's ridiculous how little attention this has received. I know we're an unfashionable small-fry in the eyes of the mass-media but PL takeovers are still big business.

So be it. We'll sneak in under the radar and put the rest of the league to rights. ;)

Can I just mention it's only a few weeks ago you were spouting all over the MB as to how Syed should spend his money - almost to the extent most of us wondered why you don't buy the club as you appear to have detailed knowledge of how everything from car parking to building hotels should be done by the club. So he certainly suckered you.

Can't help but notice you're running around like a five year old in a sweetie shop again today................

You really are insufferable

At least Hughesy's an optimist about the future of our club (difficult after Monday I know). If you need approval aim a boot at Hughesy seems to be the rule on here.

Archived