BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Whether VH or/and Kentaro went to the PL is for them or their representatives to confirm. As far as I am aware, JW was not physically in London yesterday.

It is worth pointing out that I have been very positive about VH since their identity was first revealed.

However, I have long felt agents are at the root of most that is wrong in football today. Putting an agency in charge of our football club seems like letting the fox run the chicken shed.

I agree with your comments on agents Philip but sometimes you need to change your business model if you want to remain competitive in the Premiership. It is a risky route, using Rovers as a proving ground or shop window but it would give us access to some fresh talent. The balance is to do that and convince the owners (the Agents) that having a shop window that is aiming for a top 7 spot and supporting accordingly is a sensible approach. If it's just a place to churn through players then that isn't great.

Difficult but the Trust have to try to make the right decision, both for the Rovers and most importantly the Trust. I hope that the answer satisfies both.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two possibles:

1. Statement saying that VH have the exclusive now.

2. Statement confirming that they are 'talking' to other parties.

To the people messaging me, telling me that it is obvious the statement is to confirm we have been sold. You are crazy.

Furthermore, I'm not patronising anybody.

Oops...now where yours copy of the mirror!lol.

Official statement from club out too.

Final stretch now whether we like it or not.

I am cautiously optimistic and my faith in the Trust has to remain in that they have chosen the right people after all these years of ups and downs with regards to interest. Jack Walker's legacy and the future of the club depends on it.

Just to expand on my earlier point.

For those of you with no background in PR.

If someone is talking about your organisation in the National Press, you have to respond to it to clarify the situation. They did this the first time and there will be very little difference in tomorrow's statement.

No difference at all eh! Stick to PR and poker kid :rover:

Finally some real news.

I still believe Ali Syed might have been the better option, but if the current owners feel this new regime will provide stability and grow the club too then they have my full backing.

A new dawn beckons.

Get into 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rover:

Finally some real news.

I still believe Ali Syed might have been the better option, but if the current owners feel this new regime will provide stability and grow the club too then they have my full backing.

A new dawn beckons.

Get into 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rover:

ada, I have similar feelings, but we aren't in charge, are we.

Yep, lets get the squad up to strength and make our way up the league.

Let's see what the details are. Presumably they have outbid Ali Syed in their generosity towards Rovers.

Just been extremely unfortunate that the weekend's press coverage has been very unsettling for the existing management and players (none of whom are represented by Kentaro judging by the rosters on their web site).

Surely the trust have certain conditions placed upon them to ensure future ownership is sustainable?

I am very excited at the prospect of the likes of a pato or tevez at their early development stage joining us, is that not worth getting excited about, rather than knowing that we are getting freebies?

Let's see what the details are. Presumably they have outbid Ali Syed in their generosity towards Rovers.

:D

I thought a man with such inside knowledge would have already written a verbose post explaining all the details.

Humble pie for some on here - or even egg on face. Takeover talks were further down the line than some thought.

Appears that intensive Due diligence has been done. Talks with the premier league also have been done.

Just as Nicko has mentioned on here, even if it was only a little snippet in the mirror and the people. Even if other media outlets did not take up the story.

The club has been in the hands of the Walker Trust for quite a few years. They were appointed to do what is best for the club. They have ruled that VH and Kentaro are the best for Rovers. They do not think Jack would be disappointed at such a takeover. Therefore that is good enough for me.

Just been extremely unfortunate that the weekend's press coverage has been very unsettling for the existing management and players (none of whom are represented by Kentaro judging by the rosters on their web site).

That's the nature of the beast isn't it? Andrews needs to be worried about his first 11 place lol!

Is there any need to have snide comments to other posters?

Exactly, we've had enough of this sort of thing now. Some of the reactions on here belong on the playground, not coming from fully grown adults!

It's a new dawn for the club and a much needed shot in the arm it would appear.

We're all here because of one thing and that's BRFC, can we please focus our energy on supporting the club as we move on.

Turning on certain posters when paper/club statements appear to say different is just sad.

Thank you....and I'm flipping elated :D

I havent posted on here for a few days now, but if you guys are happy with this Kentaro being part of the bid, then you are freaking mad.

What is the idea of having new owners? The idea is to invest in players, who will ultimately take the club forward, and hopefully bring success. What it looks like to me, is that they(Kentaro) will bring in the best young players(great, no problem with that), however, if they do well, then off they go to Manchester United, Chelsea, Madrid etc. We once again become a selling club, where we are forced to sell our players.

At the moment, with no investment and while we are in the hands of the trust, the idea to sell our best players, to fund new players is all we can do right now.

The trust and all the fans need to ask themselves this question, why do we have an academy that is beginning to flourish with some good youngsters coming through? Despite his style of football, there is no doubting that Sam is the reason, that there are more youngsters coming through the ranks. Not only that, they have become part of the 1st team squad which means that the academy has done something right. What we need right now, is not more youngsters, and especially foreign youngsters. What we need right now, is a bit of experience up front and some creativity in midfield. We cant afford unproven youngsters, because we are not in a position right now to take a risk like that.

Its clear as daylight, that the VH group are here to make a profit, that is not going to happen, and that is a very worrying part of this group.

Syed Ali on the other hand, if he can answer to all those questions which are hanging over his head, and he can assure the trust that, he is not in it to make money then surely with his 15 year plan, will be the better option.

We got to be careful with this VH group and bringing in Kentaro, as it just seems we will go from a Selling club with no owners, to a selling club with owners. There will be no difference, and to me, we might as well continue as we are doing right now.

Archived