BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

theres a difference between nightlife and standerd of living paul. Liverpool is now a top night out both for partying and restraunts whilst blackburn is awful. top nosh or chineses buffet city. hotels as well,theres the top class raddisson where all teams stay or in blackburn you have a travelodge on motorway sevices or if really want to splash out theres the devonshire or chimneys.

Just because you play for Blackburn doesn't mean you have to live here, or go out here.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hleb??? The same lad that left Arsenal because they wouldn’t pay his MASSIVE wages that he wanted? Reported 90k, so he went to Barca?

The same player that turned down Liverpool, Benfica & Spurs(link)? For 1 there would be a loan fee involved (WE HAD NO MONEY) & 2 his wages will be HUGE!!

How could we have competed??

By not handing out contratcs worth cica 8 million to dross like Gamst. If you dont like that example how about Cleverley who is on lon at Wigan?

A part of the problem with our wage bill, and JW has said this in the past, is the club have to pay over the odds to attract players to Ewood. I don't always fully understand why. On the way home yesterday I found myself wondering how the Liverpool players must feel every day driving in and out of Anfield, it was depressing and not just because we lost. Clearly their club is very different but in terms of local environment, which I think has been suggested, Ewood and the wider local area should be far preferable.

Liverpool train at Melwood which is West Derby, a very nice area of Liverpool and mist of the players live in very nice tree lined areas such as Woolton so never see Anfield except for match days.

If you play for Rovers you also don't see Ewood due to the location of Brockhall and mist if the players live in the countryside around the North West and Cheshire or in Manchester so location has nothing to do with it.

We pay more to attract people to a less fancied club, nothing to do with location as clubs like Fulham in London, Portsmouth and others in the south will have to pay more due their location and the cost of living there.

So is there a press conference today?

If anybody predicted that and it didn't happen it would lead to the usual moaning.

So, let's just say developments are likely to be happening today.

If the meeting with the Premier League goes ahead - and goes well - then I can't see any major obstacles left.

If anybody predicted that and it didn't happen it would lead to the usual moaning.

So, let's just say developments are likely to be happening today.

If the meeting with the Premier League goes ahead - and goes well - then I can't see any major obstacles left.

Thanks Nicko.

The reason I asked by the way, is that I saw some posts yesterday that suggested there would be and now my Dad is badgering me about it :blush:

I saw some posts yesterday that suggested there would be and now my Dad is badgering me about it :blush:

A lot of people have been picking up pieces of info from all over - things are becoming pretty warm and have been for a few days now.

Whether that comes to an announcement today is really down to current events.

It wouldn't make me think there was a snag if there wasn't, but people do over-react at times during long periods of silence.

Published: Monday, 25 October 2010

Takeover Latest

by BRFCS News

The takeover of Blackburn Rovers moved a step closer this weekend, but reports of a deal being imminent are premature according to club sources.

As reported here last week, VH Group have stepped up their efforts to purchase the club, and BRFCS can confirm that reports in the national press over the weekend are correct in that there have been intensive talks over the last week involving representatives of VH Group and the Rovers. However, club sources have confirmed to BRFCS this morning that Rovers have no plans to release a press statement today. Further, they have indicated that a deal is not imminent and any potential sale could take three to four weeks to complete.

Meanwhile, other bidders continue to talk to Rovers representatives. At this stage it would be wrong to rule out Ahsan Ali Syed. His representatives are still locked in talks with Rovers and have confirmed that they will update BRFCS in due course.

On the pitch Rovers' indifferent start to the season continued as they crashed to a 2-1 defeat against fellow strugglers Liverpool. The defeat now leaves Rovers just out of the relegation zone on goal difference. Next up for Rovers is a rare double header of Saturday home games, with champions Chelsea first up this weekend, before Wigan visit Ewood Park the following weekend.

Published: Monday, 25 October 2010

Takeover Latest

by BRFCS News

On the pitch Rovers' indifferent start to the season continued as they crashed to a 2-1 defeat against fellow strugglers Liverpool. The defeat now leaves Rovers just out of the relegation zone on goal difference. Next up for Rovers is a rare double header of Saturday home games, with champions Chelsea first up this weekend, before Wigan visit Ewood Park the following weekend.

Thanks for the update.

I'd say our start to the season has been worse than indifferent though!

I think a takeover is absolutely vital to save us if we do, as I consider to be highly possible, get relegated this season.

I'm sure one of the questions the board/trust have asked is "what if we get relegated?"

I take from the obvious advance in this process that the answer was a positive one.

A car is a terrible comparison. It will only fall in value and therefore not a good value to take a loan on. But a professional football player will probably rise in value and therefore we should be able to loan money to buy him.

Th point was we couldn't afford him, so why go on about it. His re-sale value was not mentioned.

theres a difference between nightlife and standerd of living paul. Liverpool is now a top night out both for partying and restraunts whilst blackburn is awful. top nosh or chineses buffet city. hotels as well,theres the top class raddisson where all teams stay or in blackburn you have a travelodge on motorway sevices or if really want to splash out theres the devonshire or chimneys.

You obviously don't live in Liverpool.

Th point was we couldn't afford him, so why go on about it. His re-sale value was not mentioned.

You obviously don't live in Liverpool.

Well I do, and Liverpool got top restaurants and nightlife.

(as well as quite a few Chinese buffet's (some decent) of course)

I'm being picky but I would have given that award to Bellamy - so not quite as long ago.

A very interesting point about a player who turned out to be sensational for us.

However, before he arrived, I thought about him as "tainted goods"-he had fallen out in a major way at Newcastle, had had to go on loan to Celtic and there wasn't an obvious way back to the big time for him.

It's an interesting plan in several regards. Firstly, it removes the need for an endlessly wealthy benefactor to fund the operation. Secondly, it takes an existing feature of the market, that a player doing well playing for any team in the PL can add massively to his transfer value very quickly (e.g. Masch and Tevez playing for a p!sspoor WHU; those 2 foreign johnnies Wigan sold on to Man Yoo and Spuds). Thirdly, it basically industrialises what is currently a very inefficient system of player recruitment based on each individual manager's contacts, likes/dislikes in the agent world. Fourthly, it only makes money for the owners when the players, and therefore us, do well.

What will happen if the Premier League stops being the "best league in the world"?

Wiuld we still get youngsters coming to us if they are going to be sold to big european clubs, or would the agency move on to work with a club based on the mainland?

Will these youngsters get work permits, given the comparative difficulty of getting them for people coming here rather that to Europe, and given the present govt's clamping down on people coming to work here?

What will happen if the Premier League stops being the "best league in the world"?

Wiuld we still get youngsters coming to us if they are going to be sold to big european clubs, or would the agency move on to work with a club based on the mainland?

Will these youngsters get work permits, given the comparative difficulty of getting them for people coming here rather that to Europe, and given the present govt's clamping down on people coming to work here?

Well Ajax do...

Well I do, and Liverpool got has top restaurants and good nightlife.

(as well as quite a few Chinese buffet's (some decent) of course)

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Different people want different things.

I will say one thing though I have never seen as many McDonalds in my life, there's about 1 every mile.

Good questions. Let's hope that Rovers representatives have thought to ask them in all the right places, and gone very thoroughly into the replies.

It has been a slightly crazy day.

Got the name of the man whose idea it is at VH Group...and why they want it to happen...which makes sense from that side.

Found out that Kentaro have been trying this idea a couple of times before without success...mainly because they could not find the right partner...they seem to have now.

I understand that a delegation met the Premier League today. I have no idea how long these 'tests' take, but there should not be a problem.

Looking back, the local paper follow-up suggests to me that there has been 'official' blessing to link Kentaro...and I note that it was in reasonably sensible tones...which is revealing.

No idea who would run the club if they take over, but hints are that the current regime would be kept behind the scenes for as long as they want...fair enough.

I hope this happens fast because you could do with having your ducks [not chickens] in a row for January.

If it drags there is a real worry you will be selling a Championship club in the summer.

No idea who would run the club if they take over, but hints are that the current regime would be kept behind the scenes for as long as they want...fair enough.

If it drags there is a real worry you will be selling a Championship club in the summer.

Have to say that I'm beginning to share that nagging feeling - when I look at the other teams in the league at present I just don't see 3 stand out poor sides.

Keeping the present set up can only be a good thing and an excellent way of getting the fans onside :)

One way or another this really does need to be sorted before the end of November at the very latest!

Got the name of the man whose idea it is at VH Group...and why they want it to happen...which makes sense from that side.

I understand that a delegation met the Premier League today. I have no idea how long these 'tests' take, but there should not be a problem.

Who the person behind it at VH Group?

Who went to the PL today? did people from VH Group and Kentaro go? John Williams go with them to the meeting?

I would be happy if the current Board are going to stop on. Also would be happy if John Williams was to stay on has Chairman. He always been honest to the fans about the rovers situation and I think all fans trust him aswell.

Archived