BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very odd that the People thing which came straight out with the suggestion of complete change at Rovers has not even put the story on its own website- or at least not as prominently as Paul Duffyn possibly bidding for Pompey for instance.

From what I gather the general media hunt for VH and Kentara at Anfield yielded absolutely nothing this afternoon.

Philip (I mean this in the nicest possible way) that first paragraph needs re-writing so I at least can understand it.

My question about the Takeover thread was a genuine one - seems strange if this latest info carries any weight.

Philip (I mean this in the nicest possible way) that first paragraph needs re-writing so I at least can understand it.

My question about the Takeover thread was a genuine one - seems strange if this latest info carries any weight.

Ah, perhaps not, I do see what you are saying, sorry.

Sorry, I distracted myself!

The People haven't put the story on their own web site.

But there is a prominent story which is pure speculation about the Hull City bloke perhaps bidding for Pompey.

The lead story on the portal which is this web site's entry point is about VH being in the lead and Ali Syed still being active. As of now the confirmed news hasn't changed.

Nicko posted indicating various people would be at Anfield today and they were not seen. He posted something about dates which is not substantiated and in fact has been flatly contradicted. There is plenty about Kentara circulating now but it is so sensational in nature (change of football philosophy, possible change of manager etc etc and bounded by the problems of the UK work permit system) that I guess most of it needs verifying before it can be safely posted as news.

It is probably worth pointing out that Kamy has managed to talk to some pretty amazing people involved at the highest levels in this whole takeover process. As things stand VH Group and their PR have spoken with him but only to say they cannot confirm their involvement with Rovers and have promised to get back to him if anything changes...

There were no representatives at the game today and there won't be any against Chelsea either. This is on the club's request.

Clever...make out you don't want to risk a media frenzy when really you don't want them to see how dross we look against the top teams...unfortunately, I'm sure the team will have watched it some other way.

correct even as bad as rovers have ever been I've never known the fans be so disillusioned as they are now

Er I think the Ince era was worse than things are today. Rovers gave Arsenal a good game at ewood not so long ago, yet man city for all they have spent got battered 0-3 by arsenal.

When the players cross that white line, it is down to them to play the game not the manager. It is the players who have to do the passing, the tackling etc, not the manager. I do not believe that Sam tells his players to give the ball away, back off attacking players, not mark up properly etc.

Rovers lost today. I hate it when they lose any game. But that is the nature of football, win, lose or draw.

Rovers supporters have been spoilt for years, today things may not be like we want them to be, but that is life. Be grateful to what we have got. We still have a team in the prem. Liverpool struggled for the past few weeks. This was put down to off the field happenings. Do not Rovers have off the field developments happening / being speculated about etc.

Three of the VH group were at the game today.

Some of the team and their partners have also been at Rovers in the past 48 hours, working on certain areas of the deal.

As said here, repeatedly, there will be a meeting with the Premier League which is scheduled for tomorrow, but I see some people get hung up on dates.

The whole group have been in the country since Friday, having something of a celebration bash from what I hear.

Rovers like to keep things quiet, even in the scraps they feed to their tame outlets.

However I would say this one is very, very close.

Intrigued at the black publicity aimed at agents and work permits and such like from what appears to be a one-eyed group.

A look at the Kentaro website and what they have done in the game in the last few years impresses me football-wise more than any other guff that has come out from any prospective bidder.

Sorry, I distracted myself!

The People haven't put the story on their own web site.

But there is a prominent story which is pure speculation about the Hull City bloke perhaps bidding for Pompey.

The lead story on the portal which is this web site's entry point is about VH being in the lead and Ali Syed still being active. As of now the confirmed news hasn't changed.

Nicko posted indicating various people would be at Anfield today and they were not seen. He posted something about dates which is not substantiated and in fact has been flatly contradicted. There is plenty about Kentara circulating now but it is so sensational in nature (change of football philosophy, possible change of manager etc etc and bounded by the problems of the UK work permit system) that I guess most of it needs verifying before it can be safely posted as news.

It is probably worth pointing out that Kamy has managed to talk to some pretty amazing people involved at the highest levels in this whole takeover process. As things stand VH Group and their PR have spoken with him but only to say they cannot confirm their involvement with Rovers and have promised to get back to him if anything changes...

You have often commented that the trust like doing things quietly, and would prefer it if those interested in buying Rovers would do the samething. Yet VH appear to be doing that. So quiet that people on here who have said they are in the know about things behind the scenes at Rovers are hardly hearing anything. Hearing snippets only.

it could also be possible that things have been kept so quiet so that certain people do not share it with a messageboard. I am not saying this is the case, but something to consider.

How do you know certain people were not at Anfield? maybe they were in corporate boxes and hidden from public view.

Pompey have been current news as was Rooney, liverpool takeover. I suggest the media outlets can only allocate space for the top stories. If things develop with regards to Rovers, then that would become a story worth publishing more. At the moment it appears to be a little story, that is likely to grow.

I suggest it is too early to either accept or deny, pour scorn etc on the VH group.

Some of the team and their partners have also been at Rovers in the past 48 hours, working on certain areas of the deal.

As said here, repeatedly, there will be a meeting with the Premier League which is scheduled for tomorrow, but I see some people get hung up on dates.

The whole group have been in the country since Friday, having something of a celebration bash from what I hear.

Rovers like to keep things quiet, even in the scraps they feed to their tame outlets.

Intrigued at the black publicity aimed at agents and work permits and such like from what appears to be a one-eyed group.

A look at the Kentaro website and what they have done in the game in the last few years impresses me football-wise more than any other guff that has come out from any prospective bidder.

Thanks for the update Nicko. Do we know who the three were? Is the a update in the mirror tomorrow? Any announcemnt going to be made by the club tomoorow about the meeting with Premier League?

This meeting with the premier league do you think this will only be about the fit and proper test or to put to the premier league what it is that they want to do and to find if it would be acceptable. If you had to speculate !!!!

Lol, good shout! :D

According to that cabbie fella on twitter, looks like he picked them up from a KLM flight at Many airport - 12 of them.

Strange, I heard it was 10 of them from a private jet at Blackpool.......... :rolleyes:

I don't understand how it's 'spoilt' to be discontent with 17th place and playing absolute dire football.

It is not spoilt to discontent with being 17th and playing bad football. But the fact that we have had a club that punches above its weight season in season out in the prem, with no money to spen etc, that is what we have been spoilt with. No club has a divine right to be in the premier league - as much as I want Rovers to be permanetly there, I have to accept it will always be a struggle to stay there. This is because of the lack of funds which holds the club back. If the season ended today I would be happy with 17th, only because Rovers would remain in the premier league. We are spoilt by the fact we have a club in the premier league. Though it is my view that there are better, more enjoyable games to watch in the lower divisions. As I like watching live football and because of where I live I will on occasions go to watch Brighton. Not because I support them, but sometimes the lower division games are more enjoyable to watch.

For what it's worth; I was told at 6:45 pm on Saturday by a mate who goes to Ewood with me that he had heard from a reliable source that Rovers will be making an official announcement on Monday 25th Oct.

I know it sounds rumouresk (friend of a friend of a friend) but these snippets of info rarely come to me. I am confident it's true.

It also backs up BPF's earlier post.

What the announcement is about heaven only knows. It's not likely to be appointing another tea lady, is it.

Any idea who those 3 were? Did you get anything from them?

According to that cabbie fella on twitter, looks like he picked them up from a KLM flight at Many airport - 12 of them.

I wouldn't know their names, but I was tipped off that the three Indian-looking chaps in the director's box [at the back] were there on Rovers tickets. There may have been other 'associates' but who knows?

Very interested in the cabbie tip. I heard it was meant to be about 12 coming too...and that has never been made public. So the guy's info checks out.

One-eyed?

Kettle, black

No evidence that these guys were at Anfield.

The dates I am referring to are you suggesting this deal will be done in days- I am saying that is not the case.

You are a journalist remember. Not even Tribal are picking this up.

I Can confirm at least one member of VH group was at Anfield. It was the owners Son (the owner passed away in 1995 and Mr Balaji is the director of the company now) He is known in Pune as Mr Bala (Balaji). As stated on my previous post he is the owner of the biggest new years parties in Pune.

this is a link with his picture

http://www.venkys.com/archive/profile/profileGovernance.html

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/officerProfile?symbol=VENK.BO&officerId=321050

And this is what I could find on the internet about his parties

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061222074546AAOSFfr

Again I only know a little about the company as my granddad is based in Pune and knows some of them personally. I had asked him to ask if any members were at the game and that's what he told me.

Archived