BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we get new owners on board, I would imagine that we might get a commericial director in, probably from Kentaro or ask that group to improve our marketing in the USA and Asia to improve money coming in. I would personally like JW to stay on has chairman and think that it would ease all our minds if he did. Because he always been honest to the fans and told us has it is. I am positive caution about this takeover at the mo because we don't know what VH group plans are for the club. Kentaro has connections all over the world and to some premier league clubs. So, maybe would give us more players to look at has a club to bring in. Would maybe improve our scouting network aswell. I don't want a situation where Kentaro bring in players for a year than sold on to another club and USE US A FEEDER CLUB!!!

I want rovers to keep Big Sam has Manager, because He a very good manager and could get us into the top 7 with 3 or 4 players adding to the squad. He has worked miracles since he came in. we were down and out when he came in. we stayed up and finish tenth last season and could finish higher than that this season.

If they did sack Big Sam, who would they wants? Probably go for a overseas manager?

(Knilsmann anyone??? :lol::lol::lol: )

Aren't Kentaro the group that arranged the "internet" England match? I know they have or had a deal with the CBF about sorting out their friendlies. Big deals in the Ukraine and with Kosovo in relation to TV rights.

Rapid expansion going on, plans to break the USA and the such through media. They seem to already have bought the rights to many international teams matches.

Should they become involved with Rovers it seems pretty evident they'd be looking to push "their" club into every TV market they can. A greater global exposure of rovers could really only be a good thing, especially through what appears to be am already well established company in this aspect.

Whatever happens should they take over over Rovers alongside VH it will be an interesting ride.

I would have thought that many (most) clubs aspire to be a feeder club. What is wrong with identifying and nurturing young talent to be sold on at a profit? How else can we generate the cash to compete at the top?

is it John Williams and the rovers board who think the Vh Group is right for rovers? or is it the trustees who think it's the right deal for rovers? is John Williams involved in the talks with the group?

Their visit would suggest they are being welcomed. But it all comes down to finance. So let's see that side sorted and move on from there.

I don't think anyone at the club has a preference, to be honest. I am sure some want a sale and to get this over with, but there will be others who quite like what they have and want to keep it.

But we are at a very interesting stage now after a long time waiting.

I would have thought that many (most) clubs aspire to be a feeder club. What is wrong with identifying and nurturing young talent to be sold on at a profit? How else can we generate the cash to compete at the top?

What's wrong with it? Nothing as long as you are happy with being/staying mid table and for all your best player to leave all the time. If that is the case then there is no real change to our club from where it has been for the last 6 years!!! I thought the takeover would give us slightly more aspirations than that.

Also it tends to have an effect on the squad when the best players are leaving. Remember Tevez and Mash @ West Ham!

What's wrong with it? Nothing as long as you are happy with being/staying mid table and for all your best player to leave all the time. If that is the case then there is no real change to our club from where it has been for the last 6 years!!! I thought the takeover would give us slightly more aspirations than that.

Also it tends to have an effect on the squad when the best players are leaving. Remember Tevez and Mash @ West Ham!

Nobody knows how that side of it would work. It's a fair question. However the Tetez and Masch comparison hopefully does not apply as third-party deals like that are frowned on. Mind you, a few 'agent-owned' players have come to the Prem lately and hardly anyone asks why.

You just have to hope that Rovers becomes a trading rather than selling club.

If there wasn't a change I think you could guarantee that a player would be sold in January to give the manager funds - on top of what he has.

That financial side has to be explained to the fans by the VH people if they take control.

Your view will depend on which hill you are standing on. Faced with Rovers going into a steady (or even quick) decline without further investment, and keeping us where we have been for the last 6 years would be a success. As a Rovers fan I'd be delighted to go back only 6 years!

Looks like you are making it up as you go along. :wstu:

If we could be a "feeder club" like Ajax or Auxerre I'd be well happy.

The idea is to bring in top young talent from South America, Africa and Europe [those who can get work permits] and put them into the Premier League.

You would take it that this would involve some decent players.

Also, significantly, young players are paid less wages...which means less annual outlay and more clear profit on the player overall.

No harm there.

There are bound to be down-sides in such a plan. Many rival agencies will shy away and there will be the inevitable media luvvy squealing.

So what? From this distance it sounds quite interesting.

Sorry, but I still hope that it is Syed who takes over.

Maybe the trustees do as well. It could be that they know that Syed wouldn't get through the owners test as things stand, so they're left with second picks - if they are desperate to sell.

C'mn-everyone is a feeder club to some extent apart from the aristocracy at the very top of European football. Manure couldn't keep Ronaldo and looked likely to lose Rooney (and still might). Liverpool can't keep Torres and you'd think they'll lose Gerrard. The problem we have is that we lose our best players, get a shedload of money for them and then don't replace them. That last bit is the soul-destroying part. Bit by bit Hughes built a side capable of Top 6 on a shoestring and we played attractive football too but bit by bit we were forced to dismantle it.

I could cope with losing a star player if I thought someone had scoured the world and had a new hungry player lined up to replace him.

sounds like a plan Nicko. So it's abit like what Arsenal do? find young talent and develop them into star players?

I woundn;t have a problem if we were to follow the Arsenal way of doing it? I just don't want rovers to be like open door with players coming in one season then move on the next season?

Looks like you are making it up as you go along. :wstu:

I am hoping that the takeover investment is used as a mechanism for us to move forward, get higher up the league and not just to be used as a vehicle to develop players for other clubs in our league.

I accept that players move to other clubs and we will sell, however it seems that people would be happy for us to make quick profits on player after a season or two. I totally disagree with that sentiment.

Archived