BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

The idea is to bring in top young talent from South America, Africa and Europe [those who can get work permits] and put them into the Premier League.

You would take it that this would involve some decent players.

Also, significantly, young players are paid less wages...which means less annual outlay and more clear profit on the player overall.

No harm there.

There are bound to be down-sides in such a plan. Many rival agencies will shy away and there will be the inevitable media luvvy squealing.

So what? From this distance it sounds quite interesting.

Work permits, now there's a big problem.

No wonder Sam is needed out of the way- the agent will pick the team.

Yes it is very interesting but we have gone fro one shady bidder and one clean bidder to two shady bidders in my book.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem we have is that we lose our best players, get a shedload of money for them and then don't replace them. That last bit is the soul-destroying part. Bit by bit Hughes built a side capable of Top 6 on a shoestring and we played attractive football too but bit by bit we were forced to dismantle it.

I could cope with losing a star player if I thought someone had scoured the world and had a new hungry player lined up to replace him.

That is kinda my point though, where will the profit go? You cant always have young new players in a team you need a stable team.

Yes it is very interesting but we have gone fro one shady bidder and one clean bidder to two shady bidders in my book.

But you clearly know nothing about either, so how can you judge?

That is kinda my point though, where will the profit go? You cant always have young new players in a team you need a stable team.

Well you've hooked on to the idea of players coming and going on an annual basis. I'd be confident thats not the way it would work.

I am hoping that the takeover investment is used as a mechanism for us to move forward, get higher up the league and not just to be used as a vehicle to develop players for other clubs in our league.

I accept that players move to other clubs and we will sell, however it seems that people would be happy for us to make quick profits on player after a season or two. I totally disagree with that sentiment.

Ok so how does the takeover guy/group generate cash for further investment AND make a return on their investment?

So we'll be a club that only uses players and managers from the same agency that runs the club? All their unwanted players are brought to Rovers' books so that the agency gets paid, and sold for peanuts when the first offer comes so that the agency gets it's share. Once the few good players they might have are brought in and sold, then what? The agency's manager gives exposure to their players and once we're relegated we do a Portsmouth?

Folk getting carried away here about nothing more than rumours at this point IMO.

If the only thing that VH was bringing to the table was a promise to bring in kids from abroad, we would have been sold ages ago. There's no way, that the trust aren't tied to selling to bidders with more than that to offer.

This actually sounds like a plan. Getting first dibs on new talent, keeping and developing it and then selling later on to make a profit. Is this not what Arsene has been doing successfully for years ?

If they actually bother to enforce them, the new UEFA rules would mean the 'spending like a lunatic every transfer window plan' is not an option.

Get someone like Laudrup in and this could be a fun ride. Be nice to see some decent football back at Ewood.

I dont like the sound of being a feeder club.

There is a big difference between having 1 good player and feeding them onto a bigger club, than there is if you have a squad full of talent and perhaps sell 1 a season. At least we will have talent to step up & take there place.

All clubs are feeders to someone - just look at Ronaldo to Real...Villa to Barca.....Torres to a bigger club in future etc.....

Until you start getting continued success & trophys that will always be the case.

is it John Williams and the rovers board who think the Vh Group is right for rovers? or is it the trustees who think it's the right deal for rovers? is John Williams involved in the talks with the group?

The trust are the ones that decide - not JW.

Folk getting carried away here about nothing more than rumours at this point IMO.

This whole thread, and the one before it, exists solely on rumours but some board members choose to build (and demolish) reputations and, allegedly, issue threats via pm's. It's a strange world isn't it? :wacko:

So we'll be a club that only uses players and managers from the same agency that runs the club? All their unwanted players are brought to Rovers' books so that the agency gets paid, and sold for peanuts when the first offer comes so that the agency gets it's share. Once the few good players they might have are brought in and sold, then what? The agency's manager gives exposure to their players and once we're relegated we do a Portsmouth?

Dear oh dear. I'm still struggling with Philip's projected sacking of the manager this week and the players agent picking the team and you come up with this! What is it about Rovers supporters that we can only paint the worst possible picture of everything? Wouldn't you expect the Trust to scrutinise the plan and find the holes in it if it were as bad as you've painted it?

Philip you said the other day you might have to eat humble pie on this one so maybe its time to start. A new family motto for you "Defeat with Dignity"!

story in todays people.SAMS FACING A REVOLUTION by paul chant.blackburn rovers are heading for a massive revolution with new players and a possibly new boss,if the indian based vh group buy the club.people sport can reveal that the chicken industry giants are in parnership with sports agency kentaro in the bid to buy out the late jack walkers trustees.

This is what apparently appeared in the People.

Add to that all of them will be at Anfield as Rovers' guests and the deal will be concluded in a few days' time according to Nicko.

This actually sounds like a plan. Getting first dibs on new talent, keeping and developing it and then selling later on to make a profit. Is this not what Arsene has been doing successfully for years ?

If they actually bother to enforce them, the new UEFA rules would mean the 'spending like a lunatic every transfer window plan' is not an option.

Get someone like Laudrup in and this could be a fun ride. Be nice to see some decent football back at Ewood.

Thats a good point with the new Uefa rules coming into place next season or the one after. So bringing in young players and developing them in good players like Wenger does each season.

Michael Laudrup is in charge at Real Mallorca now. Should have got him instead of Paul Ince.

• Backroom

If VH/Kentaro's plan is as Nicko suggests then I'm all for it. Let's face it, in the current climate we're not going to be competing for any big-name players unless we get an Abramovich-style owner willing to splash stupid money around. Chances of that happening are slim-to-none so our next best bet is to find younger talent, nurture them and hopefully after some success sell them for big money. Hopefully the success of the diamonds-in-the-rough will propel us up towards challenging for European places, and the European/higher PL place finish/transfer fees received combined will hopefully mean we build up a decent amount of cash to perhaps spend on one or two very good players in the future.

Obviously it's all conjecture and based on 'if's' but as a plan it's probably the best we can hope for.

I am watching, reaading and trying to get my head around the varied viewpoints so far.

Clearly, an example to give would be the Boy Hernandez at United. WHAT IF Rovers had gotten their hands on that player for the paltry amount United did and THeN he became a sensational player that attraacted the really big boys. A potential sale figure of say £20m would represent fantastic business IMO. I could easily accept Rovers having that type of plan. Imagine unearthing 2 stars that could bring millions into the club, a club that would already be debt free, successful and well run.

I personally still think Ali has a chance of buying BRFC but I do see the plan outlined by VH and Kentaro's interest courtesy of Mr Nixon.

I also take Philips views quite seriously, dont mock him because he most certainly is more right that wrong and his views are based on his experience, thoughts as well as being compared to notes of other members.

Interestingly, BPF doesnt seem to have contributed much to the latest developments and we all know how valuable Kamy's input is in relation to this particular topic.

As we head into November I would imaging things will get more topical, the transfer wires will start buzzing and there will be a lot of fireworks !!

Odd one this.

Everything that I found out previous to this was confirmed by three or even four separate parties. There only seems to be Nicko that possesses this information.

I'm very much hoping that Nicko is right. I have my fingers, toes and eyes crossed about it. It has that all too familiar too good to be true feel about it. Doesn't the fit and proper owners test take 7 to 10 days? Doesn't that mean we are looking at a timeline of at least two weeks before anything really happens?

I can't really go there, but they pulled out of the project because the ownership of the club was too hard a deal to manage.

If you look at their website they do have some very credible people working there. It is a pretty big and international group.

It's not like the former second-hand car dealer and his dodgy mate who have been involved at some clubs we could mention...

The story did not say the manager was going to be sacked immediately. You put that bit in for whatever reason.

You also said that this group had 'gone away' and that Jerome Anderson was 'no longer involved.'

So leave the 'wide of the mark' stuff for the local newspaper.

I realise the Super Syed deal you went on about for so long didn't quite work out, but take it on the chin for the sake of your club.

The VH-Kentaro mob may be good/bad/indifferent but they are real and here.

Having Rovers as a feeder club for players, what bearing would that have on the home grown rules?

So more or less carrying on with the model (buy low sell high) we have now but on a grander scale (larger budget to buy these young players with potential)? As long as we don't do any of these dodgy dealings with agents in terms of player ownership then I wouldn't be opposed to that approach. Having said that I feel that we should at the same time develop the academy and look at talented players within our own region.

On the manager front if the deal is successful I could understand why they would want their own man in. I would reserve judgement until there is some solid evidence that they would want to do that and also who they would have in mind in replacing the current manager. There is a lot of managerial 'dross' out there and a lot of big names who might not be suited to this league or the way the club would be run.

Their visit would suggest they are being welcomed. But it all comes down to finance. So let's see that side sorted and move on from there.

I don't think anyone at the club has a preference, to be honest. I am sure some want a sale and to get this over with, but there will be others who quite like what they have and want to keep it.

But we are at a very interesting stage now after a long time waiting.

I think it is an interesting plan. It is away of taking the club forward, which is something the trust want from a new owner. It would be money coming into the club, not money leaving the club. The investment generated for VH etc, would come from player sales and not from within the club. Rovers would be debt free, first choice on some very good player, money made from player sales.

Dear oh dear. I'm still struggling with Philip's projected sacking of the manager this week and the players agent picking the team and you come up with this! What is it about Rovers supporters that we can only paint the worst possible picture of everything? Wouldn't you expect the Trust to scrutinise the plan and find the holes in it if it were as bad as you've painted it?

Someone had to say it. If this was the case, surely they wouldn't put it like I did when they present their plan to the Trust?

Somehow having an agency running a club seems just not right. Imagine a situation where a player is negotiating a new contract and the players agent is a colleague of the club's representative? Or when negotiating a transfer, the agency would represent both the player and Rovers. Where would their loyalties lie and would they rather do what's best for the agency or club?

And I just don't see why the agency would bring players that could get elsewhere to Rovers unless we would offer the most lucrative deal for all? And if the agency is acting on players AND Rovers' behalf, would we be paying over the odds just to increase the money the agency gets? And so on..

Or we'll have our pick of new Messi's and selling them for £20M+ after helping us to get to Europe. Or something in between.

Archived