BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received this from Kamy:

If the rumours are right about Jerome Anderson (he is part of Kentaro) being involved with the VH bid to purchase Rovers then for me the alarm bells start to ring very loudly. From what I know about this man he is only motivated by money, he was the guy who helped to bring Thaksin to City, had it not been for Abu Dhabi that would have ended in tears. If he is going to be influencing the VH decision making process or recommending players to the club again that is going to cause problems further down the line.

Personally I would be very wary about anything that Mr Anderson is involved with.

Some very interesting people on the Kentar group website like Emmanuel Petit (ex arsenal player), Jonathan Hill (ex Commercial Director of the English Football Association) and Jay Berhalter (a former long-time COO at the US Soccer Federation)/ All these would probably have involement in the Club.

Kentaro enjoys extensive high-level relationships with numerous major European football clubs.

In the most recent seasons Kentaro has represented the rights of Arsenal FC, Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, Everton FC, Rangers FC, Celtic FC, Grasshoppers Zurich, FC Basel, AEK Athens and Panathinaikos amongst other leading European clubs.

Its also have lots of contacts in South American and Swedish football.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2007/aug/21/agentandersonthemanbehind

Interesting article about the role if anderson at city and other players in the agency that are linked to us.

Looks very positive.

That article reads terribly in the light of what happened subsequently!

City almost got a blanket ban from transfers from UEFA for not paying their staged payments and were within a day of facing administration.

I meant positive that this group are football people and have worldwide contacts. Anderson dealt with henrys transfer to barcelona for example, what happened at city was not their fault, it was the despot they had in charge.

Also look at the players they bought in, elan

o, petrov,boijov and a number of others who had something in common, young, exciting and very talented, some were hit and miss but that's the nature of the beast,i would like us to become the pl version of udinese.

Just received this from Kamy:

If the rumours are right about Jerome Anderson (he is part of Kentaro) being involved with the VH bid to purchase Rovers then for me the alarm bells start to ring very loudly. From what I know about this man he is only motivated by money, he was the guy who helped to bring Thaksin to City, had it not been for Abu Dhabi that would have ended in tears. If he is going to be influencing the VH decision making process or recommending players to the club again that is going to cause problems further down the line.

Personally I would be very wary about anything that Mr Anderson is involved with.

You mean a football agent is motivated by money? I wish one of those guys motivated by love of the game was involved but unfortunately they tend not to get involved outside of the under-9's league.

That article reads terribly in the light of what happened subsequently!

City almost got a blanket ban from transfers from UEFA for not paying their staged payments and were within a day of facing administration.

Would that not be down to City spending beyond their means? Was he acting on his own initiative or on Thaksins authority?

If he was charged with going out and getting the players with a money no object brief then how is he to blame for City's problems before the real money men came in?

The players were scouted by Sven, this chap negotiated the deals, as stated previously how many agents operate out of love for the game anyway?

The story is in, but don't ask me to comment about how it was used...

However.

The VH Group and Kentaro have been working on this for about two-three months. They were the 'mystery Indians' first mentioned in the People.

It is VH's money, but Kentaro are the 'brains' of the operation. They have the football contacts.

I wouldn't be too worried about the company featuring many agents. So what? Do you think the stork brings players? I don't know any of them personally but if they want to run a club they would surely want that club to be successful.

Anyway, a deal with this lot seems close. They will be at the game today and with the Premier League tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

As you have all seen, players, managers , owners and agents are only motivated by money and not love of football or the club they are involved in. I think you can count on the fingers of one hand those that really love the club they work for. There are only one group who love the club and those are the fans.

However.

The VH Group and Kentaro have been working on this for about two-three months. They were the 'mystery Indians' first mentioned in the People.

It is VH's money, but Kentaro are the 'brains' of the operation. They have the football contacts.

I wouldn't be too worried about the company featuring many agents. So what? Do you think the stork brings players? I don't know any of them personally but if they want to run a club they would surely want that club to be successful.

Anyway, a deal with this lot seems close. They will be at the game today and with the Premier League tomorrow.

Hope that helps.

It does. Cheers.

However.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Nicko for the update. Could it be completed by the cheslea game next saturday???

Could it be completed by the cheslea game next saturday???

I don't know about the paperwork side and how long that takes.

But when I heard about the Premier League appointment I realised this was pretty serious and very close.

It's been going on for some time, so you would think they have shown the money at some stage and had a good look at each other.

Very interesting to see the faces today - although getting the names may be a challenge. ;)

Nope, nothing on the people website. could buy the sunday people newspaper???

It goes against my countries ethics to spend circa £1+ on a paper.

However.

Hope that helps.

I take it the story was used to help muck out the chicken hut? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Are you able to divulge any info on their vision for us?

For me as long as financial prudence remains a corner stone of the clubs memorandum, then the large number of agents doesn't worry me. Having more footballing contacts spread out across the world can only be a good thing.

So is today going to be Sam's farewell?

He's done well to keep us where we are. But do you think he can take the club up a level or two and buy the right players? I don't think he's that kind of manager. He'll get untill the end of the season.

Did the article say they would "sack him immediately"?

I doubt they could justify such a move, nor would the Trust go along with it just like that, especially the way they have been so scrutinizing of all bidders.

The trust don't like people talking about the club in public. I wonder which current employee seems addicted to discussing any and all within the media world?

Personally I'd be very surprised if it happened.

He's done well to keep us where we are. But do you think he can take the club up a level or two and buy the right players? I don't think he's that kind of manager. He'll get untill the end of the season.

Sam spent a wad at Newcastle, played his usual dross, and left them in mid-table.

With financial backing, we can and should do better.

Archived