BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the midst of a turbulant time for the club why add to the instability? Leave him for a bit, we wont be going down.

Well lets just hope Pool don't come to life and beat us by 5.

An up turn in on-pitch performances is required. Hopefully once all the uncertainty about the take-over is past Sam can get on with moving us up the table. I have been wondering how much this is all affecting him as his previous experience surrounding these type of events is hardly good.

So is today going to be Sam's farewell?

I would think these particular partners may have their own man in mind. But that is probably a bit further down the line and, clearly, based on results.

However by this time next year there would be an awful lot of changes if this 'team' get together.

Are you able to divulge any info on their vision for us?

For me as long as financial prudence remains a corner stone of the clubs memorandum, then the large number of agents doesn't worry me. Having more footballing contacts spread out across the world can only be a good thing.

I don't have an inside line to their team, but I do know what their plans have been before. I know they have tried this elsewhere and the scheme is quite clever.

I think you would find emerging players from around the world - on their books - being put into the club. I know that was suggested to another club they were keen on.

It is relatively exciting as it means you would get first shout on some decent talent.

If it comes off there could be some interesting times. The fact there is a football 'plan' is a positive thing.

Okay, so now it seems that a story is developing. Indian money from VH backing a company experienced in managing the rights of several big clubs and a connection with agents, South America and Sweden.

So as a business model you could have two options not currently available to Rovers.

To expand the brand in the sub-continent, potentially with some synergy in promoting Venkys as well

and/or

To pull in young talent from South America into the Academy, develop and sell on at a profit (if in doubt consider the likes of Messi who was taken from Argentina to Barcelona). Also to bring in players from South America who, once proven in the Premiership, see a significant increase in value (like Tevez). When that was done before by West Ham the ownership issues caused all sorts of problems but the underlying idea is sound. Wigan have also done that on a different basis. Sort the legal issues and Premiership rules out and you might have a winning idea.

On the downside for Rovers is that it might freeze out some British players from the Academy and potentially the first team (although I don't see a massive presence there at the moment). It would also mean a regular churn of players through the team (again, something that already happens, that's football nowadays).

Still, at least there maybe some options beyond just selling extra shirts in India.

I don't have an inside line to their team, but I do know what their plans have been before. I know they have tried this elsewhere and the scheme is quite clever.

I think you would find emerging players from around the world - on their books - being put into the club. I know that was suggested to another club they were keen on.

It is relatively exciting as it means you would get first shout on some decent talent.

If it comes off there could be some interesting times. The fact there is a football 'plan' is a positive thing.

Can you tell me which club they tried to sell this concept to previously??

Post or PM should it be too revealing.

padihampedro - why oh dear? for all we know they could have a Hiddink or some such on their books? At the end of the day as long as Sam gets results he will get his pay cheque, if not he'll get his P45. No new owner will want to even come close to risking their 40+ million going down the pan season 1.

By what you are saying Nicko they have had this "Football plan" for some time and have decided that Rovers are the team that is the right one to achieve it. It doesn't seem that they have come in at the last minute on a whim to buy a football club and play at owners.After all Rovers are probably the least expensive football club on the market. Little debt and relatively cheap to buy.

Can you tell me which club they tried to sell this concept to previously??

Post or PM should it be too revealing.

I can't really go there, but they pulled out of the project because the ownership of the club was too hard a deal to manage.

If you look at their website they do have some very credible people working there. It is a pretty big and international group.

It's not like the former second-hand car dealer and his dodgy mate who have been involved at some clubs we could mention...

Illustrates the point that quite a lot of what has come out is well wide of the mark.

The story did not say the manager was going to be sacked immediately. You put that bit in for whatever reason.

You also said that this group had 'gone away' and that Jerome Anderson was 'no longer involved.'

So leave the 'wide of the mark' stuff for the local newspaper.

I realise the Super Syed deal you went on about for so long didn't quite work out, but take it on the chin for the sake of your club.

The VH-Kentaro mob may be good/bad/indifferent but they are real and here.

By what you are saying Nicko they have had this "Football plan" for some time and have decided that Rovers are the team that is the right one to achieve it. It doesn't seem that they have come in at the last minute on a whim to buy a football club and play at owners.After all Rovers are probably the least expensive football club on the market. Little debt and relatively cheap to buy.

That would seem to be the case.

Who knows how it will pan out in the future - if they get the club?

But at least you can see there are some people who know the business behind it.

You can never be sure any time you change ownership. It's a leap in the dark. But at least some of these people have night vision glasses.

The bottom line is still how much VH are paying and guaranteeing. I presume that is what is being finalised just now.

So you are Sam preparing for Liverpool v Rovers and he gets to know he is not going to be sacked immediately by the putative new owners ...

No, you are Sam preparing for the Liverpool game with a squad so small from yet another spell of no investment from your beloved Trustees that you admit that the club needs a takeover...

Sam is a big boy. He knows a change of ownership at any club brings new pressure.

He is already under the pressure of a lack of financial backing and he has taken that on in his own way.

Have no fears for the manager's welfare. He has done his reputation no harm of late.

If a new owner wants someone else eventually, so be it.

That would seem to be the case.

Who knows how it will pan out in the future - if they get the club?

But at least you can see there are some people who know the business behind it.

You can never be sure any time you change ownership. It's a leap in the dark. But at least some of these people have night vision glasses.

The bottom line is still how much VH are paying and guaranteeing. I presume that is what is being finalised just now.

That's absolutely correct. But better a leap in the dark than mid to bottom table meidiocrity which, without new investment, is what we are going to get. In fact I cannot see Rovers staying up without new money. The league is being bought up at a fast rate of knotts. I think this deal, if it happens, has to be seen as a new beginning. I only hope, like all Rovers fans, that it ends up being a positive move forward.

nicko will the current structure of the club remain (ie. John Williams and board) or will they change the whole set-up of the club?

No idea on that one.

I just know the blueprint they have been carrying around.

You would think anyone new coming in would want to tap in to the current regime's knowledge.

It's a bit like Liverpool. New owners, new board. But some of the old faces still around.

In this case I don't know who from VH would be able to run the club on a daily basis...that is something we will find out.

I am also unsure about how 'visible' Kentaro want to be.

So, in short, not sure on how that part works out.

Archived