BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

India's poultry giant sets foot in Bangladesh

whatwedid.1140037140.panjim_-_007_giant_chicken_float.jpg

I see they have finally used genetic engineering to solve the problems met by the previous introduction of the fleet footed but ultimately vulnerable normal sized Gallus speedicus to Bangladesh..............

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philip, I've no doubt that Venky's are an honourable company.

If they takeover the Rovers, I would hope that they set a moral standard that the rest of the business world can follow.

My concern is that the bubble they "appear" to be in bursts, then it could affect the Rovers.

I certainly don't understand most of this, maybe someone else can do more with the info seems more indepth than most other sites I have looked at. Right down to sales breakdowns.

I certainly don't understand most of this, maybe someone else can do more with the info seems more indepth than most other sites I have looked at. Right down to sales breakdowns.

67, Philip and I are generally discussing the stock (share) price of Venky's. It's gone up 440%, which is, to me, somewhat excessive and need further investigation.

What I don't want is, for the company to find itself in a position where it can't fund its acquisition of BRFC.

440% in 12months is a staggering increase. Increases in stocks are usually proportional in any country (that's my interpretation anyway) so 400%+ is wayyyy over the top, and should make any potential investor wary.

By comparison, back in the early 70's, there was a nickel mining company named Poseidon, based in WA. It's stock price went up like Venky's. Some people are still looking for their money. I'm not saying that Venk'ys stock price isn't valid, just that it's increase needs further evaluation before investing in it.

The old adage, "A fool and his money are soon parted" is still apt in this day and age.

You can view the 2009-10 accounts here:

http://www.vhgroup.in/vhgroup/archive/investors/2010.htm

On page 21, there is a graph of Venky's share price v the Bombay stock exchange - it's extraordinary!

The stock exchange is flat whilst Venky's is stratospheric!

The stock price went from a low of 73.00 in April 09 to a high of 371.00 in march 2010. Wish I'd had some of that! Foreign institutional investors comprise only 0.36% of total investors - and banks 0.00% !!! The public hold 37.4%.

Earnings per share increased from 21.89 (08-09) to 57.83 (09-10).

Here is a quote from the Director's Report (page 11):

Sales turnover for the year ended 31st March, 2010

amounted to Rs. 70,628 lakhs as against Rs. 57,026

lakhs achieved in the previous year, registering a

growth of 24%. Profit before tax recorded excellent

growth of 165% at Rs. 8,229 lakhs as compared to

3,104 lakhs in the previous year.

During the year under review, the poultry and poultry

products segment recorded significant growth in

revenue and profits due to improved market

conditions. There was a good growth in sales volume

in this segment. Also, there was improvement in

efficiencies in operations and better cash flow

management. As a result of these factors the

Company registered substantial improvement in

overall performance as compared to the previous

year.

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!

I have just checked out your link 67splitscreen and the share price is now 948.85!!! (it has been over 1012).

It's gone up 3.42% today and 410% this year alone!

The world has gone crazy. I'm off to buy some tulips.

67, Philip and I are generally discussing the stock (share) price of Venky's. It's gone up 440%, which is, to me, somewhat excessive and need further investigation.

What I don't want is, for the company to find itself in a position where it can't fund its acquisition of BRFC.

Hey Dave...............here is another quote to get you worried - I reckon it's a 1300% increase since April 2009 to its recorded high. (from splitscreen's link):

"Your thoughts on Venky's, how much more left out there?

Sandeep Wagle : Cannot say, the way it has moved up from 650 to 850 just in 3 days. This is also a stock which we discussed over the last 2 or 3 weeks time and upside in such stocks really cannot be measured. There are no techniques which can tell you a target in an unprecedented move, in a new price zone and more so, I would want to bring the notice to the fact that this is a month where people do not eat non-veg and in spite of that, this stock is running up. So I really have no clue as to why it is going and what could be the target."

There's a difference between the company quoted on the Bombay SE and the private limited holding company. Only the figures for the publicly listed company are available and these are the news/commentary you are seeing against the ticker.

The stock price rise reflects investor confidence and is probably driven by the company declarations of expansion plus it's recent Bangladesh launch.

On the downside is the constant and recurring threat of Avian flu and the impact on the business so I guess diversification is no bad thing.

However from what I know about Anuradha Desai (the chair of VH) she is 100% focussed on the poultry business (she's also the President of the World Poultry Science Association) and has a global vision for the Venky product set. She has a degree in law and an interest in psychology so I expect she has the smarts to understand the name recognition potential of BRFC on the global stage to help her fulfill that objective.

The public domain quotations of VH's worth are all fractions of a billion GBP but I think this only a part of the total wealth of the wider group/family, that said in terms of modern day football club ownership they are not 'wadded'. So I believe the change of ownership will be steady, unspectacular, low key and safe. We should get a debt free club, an immediate but modest injection of transfer funds then a constant drip feed going forward. In the interim the EPL will be marketed throughout the sub continent, our profile will grow and grow and the Venky trademark will benefit and the poultry business will expand.

All in all not the fireworks of Ali Syed but, as befits our club, a strong, focussed and relentless push into the future with a good ethical family in the background (again).

"texted" I think he meant.

So if venky did take over, what would over sponsors' logo look like (surely it's a given that they would want their company logo on the shirt)?

something better than a black panel I would hope.

"Oooooh, Venky Venky

Venky Venky Venky Hatcheries."

:lol:

Archived