BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

You can say that again Majiball...........especially as the "Scottish Sunday People" thinks the world ends at Gretna.

I flat refuse to spend over 1 pound on a paper.

Work permits, now there's a big problem.

No wonder Sam is needed out of the way- the agent will pick the team.

Yes it is very interesting but we have gone fro one shady bidder and one clean bidder to two shady bidders in my book.

At what age do you require a permit?

We'll soon be all rover the clucking tele!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we got to just chill out at the moment. Rovers board and trustees will find us the best person to own rovers. I think we are looking at this all wrong. I think the model that VH group use will be like Arsenal. Where we find young and up and coming players buy them and develop them. Like what wenger has done with Song, Diaby, Cesc, Bendtner, Vermaelen and Walcott. Bring them in young and develop them into very good players. You will still need experience players around them aswell.

We already bring youth throught rovers anyway like Jones, Hanley, Olsson, Doran, Hoilett, Morris. Plus Ramm and Potts coming through next into rovers first team squad. But Kentaro will bring us more Africa, South America, Sweden and Norway Young talent and we will look at them and sign the onces who we think are good enough for us.

Kentaro have ties to these football clubs including Barcelona, Juventus, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City and West Ham United. So Vh Group are trying to improve our marketing side of the club and our scouting network. Same thing has Syed Ali did with the french guy Darmon.

But VH group has been honestly with fans and tell us their plans for the club and where they want us to go. Kentaro has excellent ties to marketing, tv rights, sponsorships of sports in the world.

Players are registered with an individual person, in the case of SEM, all players are registered directly to Anderson the same with Carlsson as they are the ones with the licence.

How this works with in the Kentaro and SEM partnership and the influx of new players, I have no idea, probably a lot of back scratching and off shore A/C.

Also sounds to me like a conflict in interest could play it's part further down the line.

The media part would be a big bonus which I guess is why Darmon was brought in by Syed.

The young talent is very much in the Udinese mould but with all the work permit issues in the way.

Hope it's all sprinkled in star dust and works out with one bidder or the other.

Trust the Trust, RIGHT! ;) We have no option.

On the issue of Sam, what the hell point is there in bringing in talent to have it drummed out of you in exchange for hoof ball, if I was the agent of talent I would not let them near the club, so if this does go through Waggy could be buying a S/T sooner rather than later. ;)

Now heard from three sources that Nicko's story is correct, however end of November is the timeline.

Ali Syed is not going to give up without a fight.

Also heard that noone from any party will be at the game today.

So we are faced with the option of being a club run by an 'agency'?.Will this lot have the final word on who plays for the team over a 'puppet' manager?.....sounds like an awful gamble to me fraught with potential problems.

WTF! :unsure:

They are all gambles SG, but under the Trust we WILL get relegated either in the short or medium term.

Even clubs we would see as our peer group, are now spending decent amounts on players.

Plus, I cannot see the Trust/Williams axis sacking Sam, so for those who want him out and feel he will oversee our relegation, the Trust is no longer viable.

They are all gambles SG, but under the Trust we WILL get relegated either in the short or medium term.

Even clubs we would see as our peer group, are now spending decent amounts on players.

Plus, I cannot see the Trust/Williams axis sacking Sam, so for those who want him out and feel he will oversee our relegation, the Trust is no longer viable.

I agree with this statement, we are spending next to nothing while clubs around are spending 15-20 million. We can't go on relying on has beens, Cast offs and freebees to stay up or move on. And Kevin Davies is definitely not the answer. Hey Guys and Girls there is only one point separating us from tenth place. We are not down yet.

I agree with this statement, we are spending next to nothing while clubs around are spending 15-20 million. We can't go on relying on has beens, Cast offs and freebees to stay up or move on. And Kevin Davies is definitely not the answer. Hey Guys and Girls there is only one point separating us from tenth place. We are not down yet.

no your right rovers arnt down yet ,but the fans sure are.

With those aspects being?

(Please tell me he's wrong about them being a chicken company)

Let me be totally clear that I really want Nicko's story to be fully correct, it sounds fantastic.

However, from what I hear:

There were no representatives at the game today and there won't be any against Chelsea either. This is on the club's request.

I also hear that even if everything goes to plan, we are looking at early December.

I have also heard that this is still a Syed Vs Venkys contest and it's not over yet.

We'll have to wait and see.

They are a chicken company though.

I'm surprised that Nicko is so positive about this story and he never was about Syed. This could have been due to his journalistic experience or because he didn't get the story first? He got the Venky's story first (Well, two weeks after we had it ;))

Time will reveal all.

@cabbiemarc "Wot we were doing at Blackburn is in todays Sunday People folks" from http://www.chauffeur2go.com

This is from a tweet from a chauffeur

What the hell does that mean?

@cabbiemarc "Wot we were doing at Blackburn is in todays Sunday People folks" from http://www.chauffeur2go.com

This is from a tweet from a chauffeur

What the hell does that mean?

Let me be totally clear that I really want Nicko's story to be fully correct, it sounds fantastic.

However, from what I hear:

There were no representatives at the game today and there won't be any against Chelsea either. This is on the club's request.

I also hear that even if everything goes to plan, we are looking at early December.

I have also heard that this is still a Syed Vs Venkys contest and it's not over yet.

We'll have to wait and see.

They are a chicken company though.

I'm surprised that Nicko is so positive about this story and he never was about Syed. This could have been due to his journalistic experience or because he didn't get the story first? He got the Venky's story first (Well, two weeks after we had it ;))

Time will reveal all.

Thanks BPF.

Can fully understand the club not wanting them at either of those two games. Pity we can't stop TV.

Hopefully something happens soon as the situation dragging on benefits no-one.

I wonder why the "Takeover News" thread hasn't been updated and why no other news agency has picked up this story? :unsure:

Very odd that the People thing which came straight out with the suggestion of complete change at Rovers has not even put the story on its own website- or at least not as prominently as Paul Duffyn possibly bidding for Pompey for instance.

From what I gather the general media hunt for VH and Kentara at Anfield yielded absolutely nothing this afternoon.

Archived