BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

i watched the game, and im pretty adamant there were a couple of asian folk sat next to liverpools new owners. it showed them for a split second, but they looked suspiciously like the pictures BPF and co posted the saturday before the VH story broke. just sayin'.

I love this.

Can't have looked too well?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so its not like being a feeder with us being another clubs puppet?

Going off what has been said - it looks like we just find top young talent, develop & then maybe sell on for big profits - however the only difference being we should have a constant production line of talent - rather than 1 gem, sell & then struggle.

Then also if that talent enables us to start contending for stuff then there wont be the same need to sell on quite so easily. Isnt there quite a few clubs in Europe that have worked like this for a while now? Lyon always seem to have young, new talent, as do Benfica, Ajax, Valencia etc.

Matty - I agree things have changed - and must admit I can see the possibilities for Rovers if this deal goes through. I would just worry how it would effect the soul of what has remained essentially a family club with great tradition. The whole "grooming" of players from Africa and South America would infer even less affinity to the club than many of the current players show. Many fans on here moan about the lack of loyality in our players - whereas players proving themselves and then moving on may become common place in this new model. Personally I have no problem with it providing Rovers receive adequate compensation - and that isn't the new owners only aim. I would eventually like to see a scenario where we were big enough to retain these players long enough to become a success as a club.

I think we should also acknowledge the debt we owe to the Trust - many moan about the money they haven't put in over recent years - but conveniently forget all the money they have written off previously supporting the club.

It amazes me how people still think of Rovers as a family club. Try dealing with them, they are a business like any other.

The only thing that will change if they are taken over is they will have at least key personnel able to do their jobs. Hopefully. In my opinion there are a few hangers on who bring the club down with the way they conduct themselves, and their limited ability.

Back in 1993 it was a different matter, that's the last time I remember them operating that way. That's along time ago. So don't worry about the soul of the club being smited, it's managed to weather a few storms over the decades.

i watched the game, and im pretty adamant there were a couple of asian folk sat next to liverpools new owners. it showed them for a split second, but they looked suspiciously like the pictures BPF and co posted the saturday before the VH story broke. just sayin'.

Isn't one of them dead? I know they can do some good things on tv thesedays but bringing someone back from the dead is pretty special!

Can't quite get my head round the Venky deal.

Firstly, it now seems that the focus of the deal has shifted to Kentara (or whatever it's called) in which case I'm baffled as to why Venky is involved?

Secondly, whilst the talk of young talent coming through the club is appealing, if we are talking 12-13 yr old kids coming through the academy then why would they choose us over Arsenal, Barcelona etc? It would also take an awful long time before they impacted on the first team.

If it revolves around the 18-21 bracket, there is obvioulsy a better chance of instant impact however most of these players would cost some serious money to buy.

Are the trust keen because the former model would require little investment and would still work if we were relegated?

From a fans perspective, if we presently had a good first team squad, guaranteeing mid prem finishes every year then option 1 is great. Reality is though, we need 2-3 quality players immediately (Jan) followed by a major overhaul of the squad in summer. Again, this would require significant invetment and to date nobody seems to have an inkling what money would be available.

TBH I don't think there is enough known about Venky's plans for people to make an informed decision on who is more suitable. IMO based on the conjecture so far, I would much rather have the solid cash investment of Syed. If Venky is matching that (£100 million) kitty with an eye on youth for the future then that woud be a fantastic scenario.

Sorry Brian but do you seriously believe that?

I haven't indicated that I believe it or not, I was simply laying out the plan that might happen given the individuals involved. It's not like it's never happened before, clubs like Ajax and Auxurre have done pretty well on the field at least using such a method.

Also, I'm not taking sides in the latest message board civil war. It's much more fun watching from the fence :)

For crying out loud!

It's just a bloody merry go round!

Takeovers get extremely complicated when there are more than one determined bidder.

Ajax,auxerre, benfica and others use their own networks. They don't rely on a single individual agent in a single agency regardless of how much he copies Zihavi in his superness.

Incidentally if michaelthomas is correct (regardless of his nicko fowl joke) then VH were guests of Liverpool FC yesterday.

That would support something else I had picked up about them.

So I was wrong to highlight the bit about Sam going?

Looks like there would be no manager in a British sense to replace him either.

Have to say this is absurd in the extreme.

Blackburn Rovers are as proud a football club as they come. Being an agency feeder club would have uncle Jack spinning in his grave.

Granted Kentaro have been trying.

Rovers are the fourh club they have tried this with

Your contact is probably already very uncomfortable with what you have posted here.

Sorry I have to disagree with you about Jack. He was Rovers through and through, without doubt. He put the trust together to look after the club. Jack would have wanted the trust to do what is best for the club. If the trust found or were approached by somebody who could take the club forward more than what the trust could, Jack would be all for it. He had a very good business brain and would not of turned down an opportunity for the club to be taken on further. The trust, knowing Jack's desire for the club have been approached by people with a plan to take the club on further than the trust can take it, give it investment, keep it out of debt, allow it to be competitive, chance to get hold of some of the best young football talent around - remember also that Rovers have got very good training facilities. If this group are allowed to go with their plan it could even bring work into Blackburn, put the club on the world stage. I think Jack would see that this may well be the best next option to himself. After all there has not been another Jack Walker type interested in the club or any other club for that matter. Jack would not want a scenario such as has happened at Man U, Liverpool, Pompey. But a good sound investment idea that benefits the club, is something that Jack would have wanted. After all that is what he did.

Agreed jisty but the Trust is executing on Jack's settlement and there are huge problems with Kentaro's involvement.

Their public face is clearly to sack the manager when they are still weeks away from any deal.

How on earth is that helping the club?

I have some misgivings about the latest scenario.

If the Kentaro group want to put "young players" through the Rovers set up, it tells me:

they will want to nominate who goes in

and charge a fee,

It may negate any plan the manager has to "create" a team

They will want a fee, if a player moves/is moved on

I'm not convinced that many managers will want to operate in an environment where they don't have control over playing staff.

I can understand an owner wanting professional advise, but would have thought that this would come from the infrastructure already in place at Ewood.

Pafell, I have no proof of this, but I'm fairly positive that the protracted sale time is down to Jack putting covenants into the Trust document about the sale of the Rovers to ensure that the club is well looked after. So, I'd have to agree with Philip that Jack would be spinning.

If the Kentaro group want to put "young players" through the Rovers set up, it tells me:

and charge a fee,

I'm not convinced that many managers will want to operate in an environment where they don't have control over playing staff.

I can understand an owner wanting professional advise, but would have thought that this would come from the infrastructure already in place at Ewood.

Pafell, I have no proof of this, but I'm fairly positive that the protracted sale time is down to Jack putting covenants into the Trust document about the sale of the Rovers to ensure that the club is well looked after. So, I'd have to agree with Philip that Jack would be spinning.

Money talks and so does having a top job. I can think of many managers in the last few seasons all over Europe who have arguably worked under similar circumstances at least for a season or two.

Money talks and so does having a top job. I can think of many managers in the last few seasons all over Europe who have arguably worked under similar circumstances at least for a season or two.

Not disputing what you say, but can you name them?

It's my opinion that a lot of managers have big egos, and might find such an arrangement too "constricting"

Not disputing what you say, but can you name them?

It's my opinion that a lot of managers have big egos, and might find such an arrangement too "constricting"

Any manager Real Madrid have had until they got Mourinho, most notably Pellegrini. Leonardo at Milan. Even Mourinho at Chelsea when the club were arguably signing players above his head. That's just some of the most notable ones off the top of my head. What about Sven and Mark Hughes at City? I'm not saying its healthy but Im saying everyone would still jump at the chance at managing a club like ours that has money and will sign players irrespective of the behind the scenes antics.

At City, the club fell apart behind Sven because he was undermined whilst Hughes gave Cook the hair dryer over selling players behind his back and wrested control back over getting the players he wanted. They still signed other players at City but Hughes picked the teams.

and charge a fee,

I have the same worries. I think the scenario would be very much like David Bentley. We sign the player for a fee, pay his wages and develop him them sell him for a lot, however the agent has something like a 50% sell on clause which means we dont get very much.

I also think that the agent would be looking to sell more than one a year to get a real return.

and charge a fee,

That, Dave, is a very scary scenario, not just for Rovers but for football in general. I can see how it could be a very good money-making machine but to call it sport is ridiculous. I really wonder where all this is leading. Anfield was utterly lacking in any atmosphere yesterday, and I can well remember tramping through wet streets, surrounded by all the once familiar sights, sounds and smells of a football match, to get on to that ground, most of the crowd only came to life when there was some sort of goal threat. It may not have been better but at least there was an atmosphere and a buzz about the place.

Any manager Real Madrid have had until they got Mourinho, most notably Pellegrini. Leonardo at Milan. Even Mourinho at Chelsea when the club were arguably signing players above his head. That's just some of the most notable ones off the top of my head. What about Sven and Mark Hughes at City? I'm not saying its healthy but Im saying everyone would still jump at the chance at managing a club like ours that has money and will sign players irrespective of the behind the scenes antics.

Again, without knowing the exact details of each arrangement, I'll be on firm ground by saying that each of those that you have mentioned had, at least, some input as to whether they signed someone or not. With the exception of Hughes, the rest would thumb their nose at such an arrangement. It's a slight on their capabilities.

I've just got a feeling there maybe too much put on our manager to accept what's put to him. We're not Real, Barca, Inter, Chelsea, we're a club out in the back blocks trying to stay with the big boys. It's hard.

The plan is for a press release today. Not sure it will be an announcement much beyond what we already know.

Because the People and Mirror have both questioned Sam's position in the event of a VH/Kentaro take over, the presser cannot be silent on the subject of Sam.

To say nothing would send the signal he is dead man walking.

Archived