• Last Reply

No, where is it then?

The postal address is

Northcote

Northcote Road, Langho,

Blackburn, Lancs

BB6 8BE

:D

Being from Langho it is firmly in the Ribble Valley and not in Blackburn.

It is in the postal area of Blackburn, but then so is Burnley !!

That was an opportunity we have regretted passing up on. You can see the damage he has done on his own in the Sunderland team, he would have repaid every penny of his transfer over the years. Instead we have a development project in Kalinic. The Trust/JW should have worked harder to try and secure the funds for the transfer imo and it is not often I say that about JW.

A better example is Diarra. We were flying under Hughes then and that signing would have been the icing on the cake. Manure reputedly after him now!

The impression I got was work permit issues for footballers are getting tighter and quite a few are now being turned down when applied for- even on appeal. Here is a pretty good explanation of how it all works

Heathcotes had 2 stars in the '90s- "I only ate at Longridge once during this first remarkable phase. I didn't know, at the time, that it had two Michelin stars, just that it was a really 'posh' place to celebrate an anniversary"- from this profile in the Guardian

PS Will- I remember a brief "you're just a postcode in Blackburn" chant at the dingles once!

It's in the Ribble Valley even though it might be in the Blackburn postal area.

So are the players! Isn't that the point? A few in Manchester I know which shows that its the club which has difficulty attracting players rather than the town. Players want to win things.

It pains me to say this, my honest opinion, defence apart, we are by a country mile the worst team in the league, no creativity, Olssen apart no pace, no bite up front and totally short of flair, I can never remember a Rovers team going out on the park and not seeing one player who excites me, makes the crowd alert as soon as they get the ball, there has normally been one, now we have none.

We are in freefall and unless we get a cash influx or a couplke of quality players we will be relegated, that is for sure, Chelsea next and we will drop into the bottom three!! Where do we go from there?

It is something when Keith Andrews, arguably one of the worst players ever to pull on a Rovers shirt, can be mentioned on here as an improvement!!!! :wacko:

Being from Langho it is firmly in the Ribble Valley and not in Blackburn.

It is in the postal area of Blackburn, but then so is Burnley !!

Incorrect. Obviously Langho is not in Blackburn with Darwen, but it still has Blackburn as its postal town.

Langho, Mellor, Rishton, Great Harwood etc are Blackburn postal towns, Burnley has a BB postcode but is not a Blackburn postal town,

eg

Joe Bloggs,

12 Whalley Street

Langho,

Blackburn.

Lancs

BB6

and

Joe Dingle

Clampits Street

Burnley

Lancs

BB12

Christ, this takeover thread has scrambled my brain.

This game makes you laugh at times...

I heard there was a statement coming out from the club tonight. It was originaly due an hour or so back. But it will probably be fed to the local paper to make them look good.

A bit late for that.

:lol:

So rather than wait for a morning party line...get the Mirror online.

The old cock can still crow.

;)

It doesn't matter who is the worst, what matters is the worst three, which arguably we are

I'm just trying to save the Samaraitans some trouble, I do believe that we should be in the bottom 3, but not very bottom.

;)

Unlike your yolks :blush:

I think only Mrs Nixon can answer that... :mellow:

lol

I could think of another scenario but it would be rude and unwarranted :D

The mirror website has just been updated but I can't see anything about our provincial little club..........

Work permit issues are getting less and less anyway - if the player is a exceptional talent then they usually get around it - so we just need to make sure the kids we choose are quality! Simples ;)

I just hope this is done over the next few weeks, otherwise January will just be a repeat of our summer window.

Sadly Hughesy, unlike your rainbow coloured world. Not everything is "simples".

I heard there was a statement coming out from the club tonight. It was originaly due an hour or so back. But it will probably be fed to the local paper to make them look good.

A bit late for that.

:lol:

So rather than wait for a morning party line...get the Mirror online.

;)

Just to put you all out of your misery.

The statement will be this:

"The club can confirm that we are in talks with VH / Kentaro. These talks will be ongoing, blah blah blah."

Indian buyer wants to turn Blackburn into a market stall

Published 23:00 25/10/10 By Alan Nixon

Recommend

Indian magnate Balaji Rao is ready to buy Blackburn Rovers - and try to make a fortune out of signing and selling players plus cashing in on a TV boom.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Indian-buyer-interested-in-Blackburn-takeover-wants-to-turn-them-into-a-rotating-door-of-talent-with-top-football-agency-Kentaro-article613557.html#ixzz13PXLWPvH

???

Archived