BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

And two national newspapers getting bits in for the past two months or more...well I never. :lol:

you Mr Nixon, is having a field day with this :lol: . Im surprised you havent, told some of the posters "told you so" :P

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: Garner subscribing to Sam's "we need a goalscorer" mantra. It's true we lack firepower, but most of that starts and ends with the midfield. I'm surprised so many miss this.

No-one misses the lack of quality in midfield.

It's piggin obvious to anyone who watches us, that we lack strikers though. Your hatred of Allardyce is blurring your vision. Give it a rest.

you Mr Nixon, is having a field day with this :lol: . Im surprised you havent, told some of the posters "told you so" :P

Yes, I am...and no, I don't have to.

How good to have a really interesting story going on that could shoot so many ways.

Better than 'business as usual' at least.

Sorry if this has already been answered,

But does anyone know why Mr Syeds bid seemed to simmer out? he was so confident of buying the club at one stage he went public with tv interviews etc.

SSN are hoping to get something from Syed later today.

Come on guys – these Indian fellas buy the club, its debt free & self sustainable…they have a very good academy & facilities which meet the needs of the club in the present status.

Next they market us in India – play a few pre seasons in some of the HUGE stadiums there (‘Salt Lake Stadium’ (120k), Eden Gardens (90k), Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (78k), DY Patil Stadium (60k)) etc – grow our name over there, & also get some hefty profits out of our appearances & merchandise, like United & Co do in China/ USA….gaining us thousands of extra fans back in India who like to watch us on the TV.

From the extra media we get back in India – that should then have a knock on effect and gain us bigger sponsorship deals, possibly a bigger number of asian attendees at games etc.

Finally - Do you honestly believe they allow a super agency team to put in & take out players as they want for nothing to Rovers or Venky?? Not a chance! The trust are far from stupid! Also with our extra income we can set up academies in India, training the best youngsters & promoting Rovers further in India.

The deal with kentaro will no doubt use their skills to help market us better, and get better sponsorship deals etc – however there is no way they will get all the profits from players they put in/ take out of rovers. They will simply get a decent cut of it…..Whats wrong with that?

Tin hat time! :o

:rover: i was against the ist indian takeover,the guys were obviously using our club for pr,but the latest buyers leave me thinking is there any justice in the world.we will be expecting these guys to pour millions into the club,yet they have made there money paying 3rd world wages,and come from a country were a large percentage of the country are starving,i expect when this deal is done the club will suffer from bad press because of the owners :wacko::brfc:

Come on guys – these Indian fellas buy the club, its debt free & self sustainable…they have a very good academy & facilities which meet the needs of the club in the present status.

Next they market us in India – play a few pre seasons in some of the HUGE stadiums there (‘Salt Lake Stadium’ (120k), Eden Gardens (90k), Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (78k), DY Patil Stadium (60k)) etc – grow our name over there, & also get some hefty profits out of our appearances & merchandise, like United & Co do in China/ USA….gaining us thousands of extra fans back in India who like to watch us on the TV.

From the extra media we get back in India – that should then have a knock on effect and gain us bigger sponsorship deals, possibly a bigger number of asian attendees at games etc.

Finally - Do you honestly believe they allow a super agency team to put in & take out players as they want for nothing to Rovers or Venky?? Not a chance! The trust are far from stupid! Also with our extra income we can set up academies in India, training the best youngsters & promoting Rovers further in India.

The deal with kentaro will no doubt use their skills to help market us better, and get better sponsorship deals etc – however there is no way they will get all the profits from players they put in/ take out of rovers. They will simply get a decent cut of it…..Whats wrong with that?

Tin hat time! :o

Good post Hughesy, this would be the best case scenario. Venkey can make money out of rovers in India, I hope that this is their intention.

I'm excited. Thanks to Nicko and co, for keeping us up=to=date for the past several months.

As far as Sam is concerned I would keep him till the end of the season then get rid. MON would be the ideal replacement.

a quote from the above link -

"........Venky’s owners join IMG Worldwide Inc., a sports-management agency, and Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest man.........."

From the article I'm not sure if IMG and Mukesh Ambani are part of the takeover team or rivals in football promotion in India. I strongly suspect the latter though.

This article mentions Mukesh Ambani and his interest in growing football in India. Is he in anyway related to the deal - or was this just a general comment ?

The way I saw it was that they were just mentioning those big business men who are starting to wake up to the fact that Football is on a boom over there, and considering the vast population, they are seeing opportunities.

Hopefully if we are 1st in, we may benefit from this in a big way!

Hatching the next one.

Will "Chick, chick, chick, chicken; Lay a little egg for me" take over from "The Wild Rover" as the record played on the PA system at about three minutes before kick-off? :D

And if so, will it be [please God, let it be] the golden egg?

Good post Hughesy, this would be the best case scenario. Venkey can make money out of rovers in India, I hope that this is their intention.

I'm excited. Thanks to Nicko and co, for keeping us up=to=date for the past several months.

As far as Sam is concerned I would keep him till the end of the season then get rid. MON would be the ideal replacement.

MON plays the same football but with better players, I think Sam will stay on until the end of the season and if that is going to be the case we need to be drawing up a list of potential managers right now.

I am two minds as to whether Sam should be given money to spend, one side of me thinks he has earned a chance to have a crack with some better players the other side of me is worried that we will still be playing the same old crap with more effective giants. There is also the point that Sam has stated that he would like to manage a national team towrds the end of his career which would leave a new manager with Sams type of players and his own gameplan.

My own personal thoughts are if we are being took over it starts a whole new era and it would be a shame to be playing the football we are at the moment if Sam can change this great, if he cant he must go.

If that happens, we will have Kevin Davies up front with Delap as the provider.

You know it!

I know you're not joking. I could see Sam making some crappy short-term signings, that might suit his tactics, but he'll leave at the end of season and we'll be left with them on extortionate contracts. Just an intuition I'm having.

Now, if we looked at more players like Popov (or better), we'd all be winners.

Archived