BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

I think the model that people are talking about will be similar to Genoa FC.

Who have the rights to a lot of players, but generally buy the talent then loan back to parent clubs. If/When these players reach potential the club has the rights to either make a tidy profit or boost their own team.

For example Genoa co-owns AC Milan midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng. If he performs well then Genoa could make a tidy profit as AC Milan would probably want full ownership long term. If not, then next season Boateng will play for Genoa.

Looking at their wikipedia page, they have a first team squad of 27, with a further 37 players out on loan.

Genoa bought Kevin Prince Boateng for AC Milan, who couldn't afford him this window. Genoa buy him, loan him to AC Milan (who will pay his wages) who will then buy him for a little over what Genoa paid for him. Everyone's happy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Published: Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Venky’s Bid Confirmed and WGA Still In The Running

by Kamy

Blackburn Rovers have officially confirmed that they have held detailed discussions with VH Group (Venky's) regarding the sale of the club.

Rovers Chairman John Williams said: "A series of meetings, including discussions with the Premier League, have followed an extensive due diligence process. Both parties are hopeful that the transaction will be completed in November."

Venky's Chairperson Anuradha J. Desai commented on her company's involvement: "We expect to be the first Indian company to acquire a Premier League team and we are particularly delighted that the team is Blackburn Rovers, with whom we believe we have many shared values and ambitions."

Both parties are hopeful that the sale of the club can be completed in November.

Meanwhile, Ahsan Ali Syed's spokeswoman, talking exclusively to BRFCS, has confirmed that WGA are still interested in purchasing the club: "We are not commenting on the current situation at this stage but can confirm that we are still interested in the purchase."

Keep your eyes peeled to BRFCS over the coming days as we hope to have an interview with Venky's, as well as an editorial on what the potential purchase by Venky's means for Rovers. We will also continue to monitor the situation with regard to Mr Ali's bid to purchase the club.

firstly, like to thank al syed for backing the town with his donations. whatever his motives, they are fantastic gestures. I wonder if he has spotted further investment opportunities... either with rovers... or in the town or the surrounding areas ???

exciting times. i feel the clouds beginning to part. there's still showers in the air, 'big sams dull tactics' but things are looking brighter.

for the last few days ive been discussing my dream scenario... "what if all 3 interested buyers joined together.. for the common good and all backed rovers financially" :xmas: - we'd be a force then! :D

that said, im happy enough. :P some stabilty and some exciting football will do me for now! :brfc:

Granted but it would have gone like this:

*NEWSFLASH: Good prospect Zidane signs for Rovers*

"That Zidane is a bit special."

*NEWSFLASH: Zidane signs for Real.*

It's going to be a waste of time doing shirt printing from now on!

Just let me put you all straight on this one, Zidane didnt sign for Real at that time, Kenny had both Zidane and Christophe Dugarry ready to sign for Rovers, we didnt turn him down, Juventus came in and snatched him off us and Dugarry would not come without Zidane, that is from the great man Zidane himself, met him in Ibiza with his Spanish wife, didnt speak very much english at all and when I asked him, one of the waiters in the restaurant actually translated. At that time, the waiters told me to get money on him signing for Real before the end of the following season, I didnt bet on it and he did sign. :angry:

Genoa bought Kevin Prince Boateng for AC Milan, who couldn't afford him this window. Genoa buy him, loan him to AC Milan (who will pay his wages) who will then buy him for a little over what Genoa paid for him. Everyone's happy.

The deal was done to help calm tensions between the 2 clubs.It's been getting out of hand,so the 2 clubs thought if the clubs were seen to be looking to help each other out things would calm down a bit.Last seasons game at the Luigi Ferraris had to be played behind closed doors because of the threat of violence at the game.

Milan are paying Genoa €1.4 million loan fee.

Has the story about the changing of the ground name come out yet?

Peckham?

Published: Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Venky’s Bid Confirmed and WGA Still In The Running

by Kamy

Meanwhile, Ahsan Ali Syed's spokeswoman, talking exclusively to BRFCS, has confirmed that WGA are still interested in purchasing the club: "We are not commenting on the current situation at this stage but can confirm that we are still interested in the purchase."

Thanks again Kamy.

I really can't see how Syed can come through now, it's gone too far.

:rover: i was against the ist indian takeover,the guys were obviously using our club for pr,but the latest buyers leave me thinking is there any justice in the world.we will be expecting these guys to pour millions into the club,yet they have made there money paying 3rd world wages,and come from a country were a large percentage of the country are starving,i expect when this deal is done the club will suffer from bad press because of the owners :wacko::brfc:

Surely you mean the going rate for the employed of that country that they operate in, Just as I expect Crown paints pay the going rate for the UK.

So why should their be bad press.

Surely the government is largely responsible for the starving, Perhaps Mittil/Ambani and the likes are exempt from your views.

According to Dingle 187 http://boards.footym...&mid=2119734624 who resides in India it is big news over there and is quoting a figure of $100 million dollars for transfers. Vague I know but haven't seen any figures stated so far concerning transfer kitty

Doubt any india media sources would quote $ more like 100m IRS= £!0m more like it.

Archived