BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting worse!

A little knowledge is sometimes dangerous. You are looking up Venky's (India) Ltd. which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ventakeshwara Hatcheries and not the top company. I do not know the full value of the group or even what the actual top group is but I do believe you are barking up the wrong tree and starting an untrue scare story.

There is a way to make money out of a football club - and this lot obviously think so.

A few basic steps.

Slash your wage bill. This does not mean a drop in quality, but is easy if you are recruiting young players. It can also be done at Rovers when you get rid of some of the over-paid tosh you have on the books right now. The payroll is way out of hand.

Cut your costs. If there is an agency involved in signing players this should mean that agent's fees should not be going out of the club. This is another major saving. I wonder what was paid in fees per season lately.

Increase your commercial side. The Kentaro people are pretty slick in the TV world and could be onto someting in Asia that we do not yet know about. We shall see.

Sell players. Rovers have been doing that since the year dot. There is no harm in it. But if you have the three factors above it becomes something you do when you want rather than a necessary outcome to balance the books.

Very true, although you miss out a big one which is to buy at one price and sell later for a lot more. That seems to be both Glazer and Gillett/Hicks plan (it back fired for the latter). It could be that is the gamble VH are going for, especially as we are cheap for the market and interest in the Prem seems to not be abaiting the world over. Clubs are going up in value all the time as the TV deals get bigger.

If we ignore that though and look at the model elements you propose it seems pretty risky to me. We are slipping down the wage table all the time and our experiment with cheaper younger players is not currently playing out that well. Only Jones looks like he is worth serious cash at the moment - Kalinic must be at only half of what we paid at best., while Olsson, Hoilett and Nzonzi have stalled in their progress.

To make it work VH would need to get the staff and structure right to keep us in the Prem and bring in young high quality saleable players. However our best performers this term have all been big wage earners (Jones aside) - Robinson, Salgado, Samba, EH Diouf. Could we do without them? Sure you could move on the Chimbondas and the Roberts but we will still need experienced performers. I'm not sure we could tilt the structure towards younger players much more than we are now to make significant savings.

Personally the only real attractive motives for me are either the notion of buying-to-sell ten years down the line (as they could percieve investment and succuess will result in a better the price - although equally it could make sense for them to seek to maintain position and expecting the market to go up as a whole as TV deals increase), or for naked publicity (like the approach at City seems to be).

Or, in pie-in-the-sky land, that the VH owners like football and want to be involved and willing to bear the vast cost a la Stoke/Spurs/Sunderland. [Crosses fingers]

If they want to make profit off the bottom line - as you suggest - we are going to need to pull a whole series of rabbits out of hats which strikes me as far too risky to build a business strategy.

But isnt the most important part that they are purchasing the club with their OWN money and clearing the debt too?

I agree, then the money we are spending on repaying the loan can be put to buying players. Also with extra tv money, marketing and sponsorship money coming into the club then that can be put toward buying players, improve the youth setup, opening a Academy in Aisa, improve Ewood Park facilities and hospitality facilities.

No the important part is what kind of hysteria we can create!

Venky's is little.

the sky is falling!

WOLF!

WITCH!!!

I love how some people get one little piece of the puzzle and run with it as if it were gospel.

The fact remains that the "multi-billionaire" couldn't show the trust the colour of his money and this lot obviously can. We can argue at length about the clubs fortunes in the care of the trust over the last decade or so but the fact remains they have kept a small town club in the top division of English football and have been one of the most consistent owners in English football.

They have made what they think to be the best choice to preserve and secure the future of one of the dearest things to their late fathers/friend heart.

Lets just sit back and enjoy the ride like we did all those years ago...hopefully :rover:

VH Group say that they are a 1300 billion conglomerate (thats over £200 million sterling)

http://www.venkys.co...eStructure.html

LET say that they have a profit of over £110 million a year.

But isnt the most important part that they are purchasing the club with their OWN money and clearing the debt too?

Incorrect 1300 Core not billions which is a 13bIRS (£185m) company, I wish someone could find me a company to invest in with 50% profit.

A little knowledge is sometimes dangerous. You are looking up Venky's (India) Ltd. which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ventakeshwara Hatcheries and not the top company. I do not know the full value of the group or even what the actual top group is but I do believe you are barking up the wrong tree and starting an untrue scare story.

The VH group is worth 1300 Crore. Thats 13,000,000,000 INR to us or £184,188,813.27 in our money.

Source Venkys 1300 Crore business

Venky's (India) is worth 8,581,535,208.75 INR (9,391,557 total number of shares x share price 913.75 INR) or £121,719,167.19 to us. Of this the 'promoters' own 56.12% equal to £68,175,969.69.

Source Economic Times Venky's

Venky's (India) makes up 66% of VH group (£121,719,167.19 as a percentage of £184,188,813.27). So even assuming (kindly) that the 'promoters' own the other 44% of VH group outright that would make they're total holding in VH group worth £130,645,615. If they don't hold 100% of the remainder of VH group it's probably a lot less than this.

At most they're worth £130m realistically around £100m.

Shall we just get Kamy to ask them how much they're worth so we don't have to spend another 40 pages explaining how much money we don't know they've got in their own personal wallets/purses.

We do know, it's all there on their websites and in the public domain. All you have to do is the maths. And I've even done that for you! ;)

I've seen so many different figures, it's hard to know who's right or wrong. To be honest, I don't even care how much they're worth or what they've made in the past. It's their plans for Rovers which are important for me and if their plans involve them moving us forward then that's a good thing.

If this means breaking the India market then I feel that their experience working in India and making a success out of it means that this is probably what we (the fans) should be excited about. It won't happen over night but we could potentially become one of the biggest supported teams in the Premier League and have a huge fanbase in world football, which would then help us financially compete with the top teams.

Have you also got their own personal bank account numbers and sort codes?

No, but if you think their personal assets outstrip their holdings in VH group (or even come close) you're naive at best. The vast majority of the personal wealth these guys will ever have generated would have come from dividends from their shareholding in VH group. And until the last two or three years those dividends would have been best measured in the hundreds of thousands rather than the millions (of pounds).

So there worth £100 million yeah ?

And they are going to buy us for £46 million.

Do you not think its you who has got their maths wrong here ?

No. It says what the VH group is worth on their own website, £184m. And the 'promoters' don't even own all that.

No. It says what the VH group is worth on their own website, £184m. And the 'promoters' don't even own all that.

You honestly think a company whose overall worth is £184 million is going to buy a football team for £45 million ?

You think the Trust would sell to people doing that ?

You don't know the facts and true figures here. Perhaps you should not jump the gun again like your idiotic rant on nicko last night.

Archived