BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Look it up yourself, it's quite simple to do a google search or read back through this thread.

Start by watching that video that I've linked to above. There's a transcript of an interview with the MD of Venky's who states clearly they will invest £5mil in the January transfer window.

Though I can't introduce you to any of them John, if that's what you wanted. I'm just going off the interview that they've conducted over the last 24 hours which you appear to have missed.

Just as I thought you can't name them because you don't know. We can all name some of them.

I suggest you find a dictionary and look up the word facts.

What about my other questions?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I particularly like the bit where the Australian football 'expert' says 'this has to be good for Blackpool, er er Blackburn as well'. Nice touch.

The usual Indian English speakers' stumbling and fumbling over almost every verb and noun (as demonstrated in the clip) gets a bit grating though. Looking forward to more lovely interviews to come... The wife's from that part of the world, it'll be just like being at home!

The mirror read that 'Sam Allardyce will have money to spend and room to manoeuvre in the loan market after Blackburn’s takeover is completed this week.'

What is all this about, we dont need loans, we need, permanent proven premiership quality in January, not some obscure young talent from Bolivia or wherever... I'm very sceptical at the moment... :wacko:

For 'It is a £46m deal. I wouldn’t say it is cheap or expensive, but we have to source more money – and we will pump in some more later on', read;

'We're gonna borrow more money against the club as soon as the bank gives us the cash!'

Just as I thought you can't name them because you don't know. We can all name some of them.

I suggest you find a dictionary and look up the word facts.

What about my other questions?

On Facebook you were very pro-Goldberg/anti-Syed after the Syed revelations. I found it a bit strange that some bad PR has been aired from the VH camp and you are totally fine with it, even abusing other members who are concerned about their club. Do you know Ali Syed? Can you name all of his team? Then going by your rules of life, you should have put up and shut up.

And despite how highly you regard yourself, I do not carry around "Best Forum Posts by John D" Vol 1, 2 and 3 so can't point you to anything you've ever written I'm afraid ;)

What were your other questions?

The usual Indian English speakers' stumbling and fumbling over almost every verb and noun (as demonstrated in the clip) gets a bit grating though. Looking forward to more lovely interviews to come... The wife's from that part of the world, it'll be just like being at home!

The whole takeover saga has been unusual and it is possible that much is being lost in the translation at the moment.

Someone mentioned a PR disaster earlier (possibly philipl) but the only evidence for that is on here where so very little can be taken seriously. :rolleyes::)

The whole takeover saga has been unusual and it is possible that much is being lost in the translation at the moment.

Someone mentioned a PR disaster earlier (possibly philipl) but the only evidence for that is on here where so very little can be taken seriously. :rolleyes::)

I'm more worried about a financial disaster than a PR disaster.

For 'It is a £46m deal. I wouldn’t say it is cheap or expensive, but we have to source more money – and we will pump in some more later on', read;

'We're gonna borrow more money against the club as soon as the bank gives us the cash!'

Would it be borrowed against the club or could it possible be borrowed against Venkys. If it was borrowed against Venkys, would this not absolve the club from any liability?

On Facebook you were very pro-Goldberg/anti-Syed after the Syed revelations. I found it a bit strange that some bad PR has been aired from the VH camp and you are totally fine with it, even abusing other members who are concerned about their club. Do you know Ali Syed? Can you name all of his team? Then going by your rules of life, you should have put up and shut up.

And despite how highly you regard yourself, I do not carry around "Best Forum Posts by John D" Vol 1, 2 and 3 so can't point you to anything you've ever written I'm afraid ;)

What were your other questions?

Wrong yet again, your not very good at this are you?

On FB I said that I believed that Sayed should come out and put Goldbergs rumours to bed but he didn't. I have never been pro-Goldberg other than acknowledging that he beat Sayed hands down and was abused needlessly by so called Rovers fans.

I don't regard myself highly at all, as I say you clearly make things up as you go along and as such this is your natural home.

If you want to have a proper discussion or argument you need to up your game and provide the FACTS not pure conjecture and opinion. :wstu:

For those of you that have written nice comments about me, thank you.

I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing 'insider wise' anymore. I'm now just a fan scared about the future of his football club. My wife is well aware that one of the hardest parts about moving to New York for me is leaving my season ticket behind.

I want this takeover to be really successful, more than anything. There just seems to be a little too many warning signs...

We've Venky's on the brain

Yes, Venky's on the brain

Don't have to be a genius

To see we're going insane.

Like laboratory mice

Our brains have been diced

We're barmy

We've Venky's on the brain, brain, brain, brain

brain, brain, brain, brain

brain.......

Before this night is done

Venky's plan will be unfurled

By the dawning of the sun

They'll take over the world.

We've Venky's on the brain

Yes, Venky's on the brain

Their twilight campaign

Is easy to explain.

To prove their chickens worth

They'll overthrow the Earth

We're barmy

We've Venky's on the brain, brain, brain, brain

brain, brain, brain, brain

brain............ :wacko:

Dont like the idea of loans instead of transfers. Sure if they help us stay in the premiership, all well and good. At least we wont be spending money until the summer when we can properly search for the best players that can bring the club forward

Would it be borrowed against the club or could it possible be borrowed against Venkys. If it was borrowed against Venkys, would this not absolve the club from any liability?

It could be borrowed against either, but they'd be stupid to borrow it all against Venky's when they could probably borrow all, or at least most, of it against Rovers.

Why would they jeopardise their entire worth when they can borrow against Rovers and, worst come to worst, ditch the club leaving the bank in control as per Liverpool, or worse still leave the receivers in control as per Pompey?

:rover: i was against the ist indian takeover,the guys were obviously using our club for pr,but the latest buyers leave me thinking is there any justice in the world.we will be expecting these guys to pour millions into the club,yet they have made there money paying 3rd world wages,and come from a country were a large percentage of the country are starving,i expect when this deal is done the club will suffer from bad press because of the owners :wacko::brfc:

Waggy--you could protest at Ewood with your Human Rights banner!

This is the Times of India report.

Now I know that even the most respected newspaper in the country can get things wrong but there it is in all its FT-style reportage. Very easy to find that report- it is on the Economic Times home page and the bit about the borrowing from Icici Bank is towards the bottom of a highly authoritative report.

If it is not true the money is borrowed, this is a PR disaster which needs to be rectified by a denial immediately published in the same newspaper (they will be waking up in India very shortly).

Please, let's get the "fact" the money has been borrowed completely dismissed and not start going into whether this is a West Ham, a Liverpool, a Man U, a Leeds or a Pompey scenario.

Please, let's get the "fact" the money has been borrowed completely dismissed and not start going into whether this is a West Ham, a Liverpool, a Man U, a Leeds or a Pompey scenario.

Couldn't agree more.

Assuming that it's true of course :) It is a comment in a newspaper article and I rarely believe all I read in the press. It is potentially more damning than unpaid debts and untidy flats though so it would be good to see the "facts".

I wonder if Five million and a couple of decent loan signings is what sam is getting in January to keep us up, and then with or without sam in summer there will be a clearout and proper investment.

We also have no idea of what Kenarto is putting on the table money or talent wise.

MON plays the same football but with better players, I think Sam will stay on until the end of the season and if that is going to be the case we need to be drawing up a list of potential managers right now.

I am two minds as to whether Sam should be given money to spend, one side of me thinks he has earned a chance to have a crack with some better players the other side of me is worried that we will still be playing the same old crap with more effective giants. There is also the point that Sam has stated that he would like to manage a national team towrds the end of his career which would leave a new manager with Sams type of players and his own gameplan.

My own personal thoughts are if we are being took over it starts a whole new era and it would be a shame to be playing the football we are at the moment if Sam can change this great, if he cant he must go.

Tragedy that Hughes has just gone to Fulham. I'd have welcomed him back with enormous enthusiasm. Still like to see him back one day.

Couldn't agree more.

JohnD, it is unfortunate that suspicious minded chaps like me notice you registered on 30 August 2010 just at the time Nicko started saying Syed had no chance and Goldberg started his 5live stuff.

I am sure your arrival here is pure coincidence.

The confidence with which you have agreed with me gives me great hope that there is going to be an immediate statement that there is absolutely no borrowings involved in funding either the club take over or any ongoing investment.

Archived