BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New home Kit for the 2012-2013 Season

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rovers4Good

Long sleeved Home and 2nd Kit shirts are a staggering £47.00 on the rovers website! :blink:

Bargain LOL :)

Kids kits £29.99 another bargain. ;)

Long sleeved Home and 2nd Kit shirts are a staggering £47.00 on the rovers website! :blink:

Has someone at Rovers completely lost the plot? Last season the club committed commercial suicide by offering a home kit with no sponsor, meaning many fans have no need to buy a new shirt this season. Its unbelievable reading threads like this hearing MG Road tell us that the kits were picked by the owners, are they business people or just making it up as they go along? As much as I hated the yellow shirt, its still being worn on the streets in addition the red and black halves were both popular and not used in the last cycle. They have really reinvented the wheel and coming up with Blue & White, All Blue and White and Blue.

So then the moment of truth I'm stupid enough to put my hands in my pocket, I quite like the 3rd Shirt its different and would look pretty smart. I get myself ready to buy it to find its only available in long sleeve, the sponsor still isn't confirmed so after all of this I can't even give them my money. Maybe I should buy the shirt, cut the arms off and then stick a random sponsor on when it becomes available....

After losing thousands of season ticket holders is the next ambition to lose all the people buying replica kits?

Was interested in getting the 3rd kit shirt but not sure about long sleeves really....always preferred short sleeved shirts in general. also I bit worried that its limited stock but i'm not keen on buying it til I know what the sponsorship deal is. Is there still going to be the option of getting the sponsor printed on the shirt if you want it? I suppose it depends on who the sponsor is ;)

What happens when we play a team like west brom or sheff weds? Will they have to wear their away kit at home or will the trusty yellow one make a reappearence?

Apparently if the referee decides on the day that the kits clash, then the home team must change.....but normally it is decided in advance so I guess we would have to come up with a solution.....I'm guessing the yellow one would be the most "logical" as really the most logical would obviously be having 2 different kits in the 1st place like almost every other team ever.

£47 for a shirt probably made here at a cost of a couple of quid. In normal times OK as its cash for the Club. Now I think a stroll shopping down the local Soi is in order.

I believe that all kits most be submitted (to the FA?) for approval before they can become official kit. They check to make sure that there's at least one acceptable strip for every game. If there's not, then they have to come up with an alternative strip.

All of our 2012 colours have been approved and we weren't told to change them in any way to avoid clashes with other team colours.

• Backroom

Just seen a pic close up and it indeed has blue chevrons on the stripes just as MG said before it was announced

Quite a nice kit actually

Anyone bought the 3rd kit and can tell me how it is in sizes and if its a tight one?

Nice kit really and LS suits norwegian weather !

I like the 3rd Kit so took a photo and having one, although perhaps not exact copy in the interest of those lining their pockets, made up for a couple of quid. The only difference is that the local one, will be better material and finish. The wonders of the Global Economy, ask our Global Advisor I suppose.

Anyone bought the 3rd kit and can tell me how it is in sizes and if its a tight one?

Nice kit really and LS suits norwegian weather !

It is a little on the small side. My advice would be to get a size bigger than you need. (When the shirts were made up we had some sent here to the office to show the family. One of them was Dunn's shirt and he wears a UK 'L'. I think it's still there so expect to see him running around in his vest this year :D )

Archived