BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New home Kit for the 2012-2013 Season

I quite like all the new kits, surprised they haven't done something crazy to antagonise people. One thing I don't understand is when I was a kid the only point of a replica shirt was to look like the players. Waiting for a sticker to complete a shirt is surely only going to put people off buying a shirt, or are they already available this season? I had thought that being relegated to the Championship we would join in with the other clubs, who seem to have more than one corporate sponsor. Instead we continue with a charity? Noble, stupid or incompetent?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noble, stupid or incompetent?

Our owners? Outside chance of all three, though the first is increasingly unlikely.

I reserve judgment on the kit until I see an official release. But I won't be buying it until Kean is out. Which will be the second year I've not bought the shirt and odds and ends from the club shop, though I've bought old shirts from ebay by way of easing the addiction pains.

Full picture on the official site. Not bad, not memorable either.

Hope the (rumoured) 3rd shirt is a bit more exciting!

Kit Analysis

Home - Always Blue and White halves

Away -

BnW = Blue and White

Navy = Navy Away Kit

3rd = A presumed 3rd kit that is yet to be released

Barnsley - BnW

Birmingham - 3rd

Blackpool - BnW

Bolton - Navy

Brighton - 3rd

Bristol C - BnW

Burnley - BnW

Cardiff - BnW

Charlton - BnW

Crystal Palace - BnW/3rd

Derby - Navy

Huddersfield - Navy

Hull - BnW

Ipswich - 3rd

Leeds - Navy

Leicester - 3rd

Middlesbrough - BnW

Milwall - BnW/3rd

Nottingham For - BnW

Peterboro - 3rd

Sheff Weds - 3rd

Watford - BnW

Wolves - BnW

Breakdown

BnW - 11 (possibly 13) + 23 home league games = 34 (36)

Navy Away - 4

3rd Kit - 6 (possibly 8)

Just been playing on the onerovers site and found that I can buy the new BLUE!!!!!!!! away shirt with 11 Grella, 2 Salgado, 23 Hoilett, 9 Modeste or 24 Yakubu on the back.

Our entire club, except the fans obviously, is a joke.

You didn't know? Hoilett's signing a new contract in the next 24 hours!!

That's really not funny any more, is it?

Awful away kit. Shame on whoever chose this design, if you are going to charge fans £40+ for a piece of polyester then at least make an effort with the design/ colours.

I am hoping the 3rd kit is better wont be buying this one

I'm guessing everyone on here who confirmed we were having a green away kit must have been referring to the third kit.

Didn't the club advertising of the new home kit suggest we would be getting a green away strip?

Guest Rovers4Good

LOL i get what you say about the JJB closing down sale shirt lol :)

I wonder what sponser is going to be on the front this year as up to now i don't think we have one. :(

Problem with it, is that it doesnt have the logo of princes trust on, and also the numbers on the back....with that it would make a big difference on a plain dark shirt.

Thought in the Championship you can also have a 2nd sponsor on the back of the shirts too?? Bet nobody at Ewood has even thought about it....

Thought in the Championship you can also have a 2nd sponsor on the back of the shirts too?? Bet nobody at Ewood has even thought about it....

We clearly haven't thought about getting a sponsor at all, let alone two!!

Guest Rovers4Good

It was reported few weeks back by cryer that we are going to continue with the prince's trust.

Thought they would to mask the fact that we don't have a sponser. :(

Can they not go for something like Bastwell Curry Centre and give all the players a 10% discount? lol

Archived