BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New home Kit for the 2012-2013 Season

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem with it, is that it doesnt have the logo of princes trust on, and also the numbers on the back....with that it would make a big difference on a plain dark shirt.

Thought in the Championship you can also have a 2nd sponsor on the back of the shirts too?? Bet nobody at Ewood has even thought about it....

The club have most definitely thought about it but decided it would devalue the blue and white halves.

The new away shirt is similar to man city's home shirt material from a couple of seasons ago and is actually really nice close up, but guess some people will choose anything to have a go at them. That isn't a dig at you hughesy so I apologise for quoting your post, it was just the most relevant for this response.

The club have most definitely thought about it but decided it would devalue the blue and white halves.

You are havin a laugh aren't you? Devalue the blue and white halves.... Everything these illegitimates have done from day one has shyte on the club and you think they would be concerned about a 2nd sponsor when they can't even secure a primary.

I really hope you were joking, if not give your head a wobble will ya!

The new away shirt is similar to man city's home shirt material from a couple of seasons ago and is actually really nice close up, but guess some people will choose anything to have a go at them.

Yes, yes. It's time to forgive all of the last 20 months of incompetence, delusion, patronising, disdain for the fans and relegation. After all this Sportsdirect £2.99 "sale" t-shirt (that they want people to shell out £42 for) is made from nice material.

This is a club COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY out of touch with its fanbase.

We finally go out and spend money on players yet, apart from WEC, we have no significant income stream and continue to make rank bad decisions about the ways in which to improve the situation!

Yes, yes. It's time to forgive all of the last 20 months of incompetence, delusion, patronising, disdain for the fans and relegation. After all this Sportsdirect £2.99 "sale" t-shirt (that they want people to shell out £42 for) is made from nice material.

This is a club COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY out of touch with its fanbase.

We finally go out and spend money on players yet, apart from WEC, we have no significant income stream and continue to make rank bad decisions about the ways in which to improve the situation!

Since when did the club management start designing our kits? I agree they have done much wrong but you are blaming them because our away kit looks plain? seriously? Umbro design kits a YEAR in advance.

Since when did the club management start designing our kits? I agree they have done much wrong but you are blaming them because our away kit looks plain? seriously? Umbro design kits a YEAR in advance.

What? Presumably the club have some sort of input into the kit? At least a veto, probably far more.

BTW, who was in charge a year ago? Yes, the same shower that are in charge now.

What? Presumably the club have some sort of input into the kit? At least a veto, probably far more.

BTW, who was in charge a year ago? Yes, the same shower that are in charge now.

Have you ever seen a club vetoing a kit design? They would veto and expect a new kit to be made? It doesn't happen. Umbro are contracted to design the kits and the clubs have no say regarding the design.And, i wasn't talking about this year alone. Umbro, in general, design kits in advance of a year. That's been the norm for years.

Have you ever seen a club vetoing a kit design? They would veto and expect a new kit to be made? It doesn't happen. Umbro are contracted to design the kits and the clubs have no say regarding the design.And, i wasn't talking about this year alone. Umbro, in general, design kits in advance of a year. That's been the norm for years.

The club will have a veto. There is an image issue which directly impacts BRFC.

The trouble is Venkys clearly don't care about the image of BRFC.

Everything that happens at Rovers these days is the responsibility of Venkys as far as I'm concerned.

When they start making good decisions, the will see people cautiously listen. When they follow up with the right decisions people may begin to give them another chance. That day seems an awful long way off.

The reaction shirt choice is all about personal taste. I liked last season's home kit and bought one because there was no sponsor and I hadn't bought one for the duration of the Crown black box. I like this season's home kit but will not buy one through principle whilst Kean remains manager.

I dislike the away t-shirt - and the choice of it being a blue one just adds to the idiocy. So we now need a third kit which probably won't be on sale - as I can't see it being the protest colours version.

The club will have a veto. There is an image issue which directly impacts BRFC.

The trouble is Venkys clearly don't care about the image of BRFC.

Everything that happens at Rovers these days is the responsibility of Venkys as far as I'm concerned.

When they start making good decisions, the will see people cautiously listen. When they follow up with the right decisions people may begin to give them another chance. That day seems an awful long way off.

The reaction shirt choice is all about personal taste. I liked last season's home kit and bought one because there was no sponsor and I hadn't bought one for the duration of the Crown black box. I like this season's home kit but will not buy one through principle whilst Kean remains manager.

I dislike the away t-shirt - and the choice of it being a blue one just adds to the idiocy. So we now need a third kit which probably won't be on sale - as I can't see it being the protest colours version.

Maybe, but has there ever been an instance of any club vetoing a kit design? Because, there have been far more worse kits than our away kit. It does look a bit plain but think it would look decent with the red prince's trust logo and numbering.

The kit stuff gets covered every couple of years on the Fans Forum.

The club gets to set broad rules (the kit will be blue & white halves, white on the left, no panel on the back etc).

The manufacturer comes up with a few designs (but often broadly matching the stylings for other clubs).

The club gets to chose from those designs

As an aside I know people seem to think that every last little decision is now made in Pune (or by SK), but the truth is, there are still good people left in various positions at the club wanting to do what's right. They may not have the power to influence the big stuff, but they still make sure their own stuff is done right and upholds the club's traditions and previous direction etc.

The club gets to set broad rules (the kit will be blue & white halves, white on the left, no panel on the back etc).

The manufacturer comes up with a few designs (but often broadly matching the stylings for other clubs).

As an aside I know people seem to think that every last little decision is now made in Pune (or by SK), but the truth is, there are still good people left in various positions at the club wanting to do what's right. They may not have the power to influence the big stuff, but they still make sure their own stuff is done right and upholds the club's traditions and previous direction etc.

Whomever made the decision to go with this blue t-shirt, Venkys are still "responsible". However, our recent history (even pre-V) is littered with poor decisions about the away kit. The black and red halved "third" kit for instance was fantastic - even the crown logo looked good on it - but it wasn't available to buy!

For me, this looks sounds like the lowest cost option. A price point of £42 for a very ordinary shirt smacks of maximising the profit made from those fans who still wish to give their money over to the current regime.

Let's see what the third kit looks like this season.

For me, this looks sounds like the lowest cost option. A price point of £42 for a very ordinary shirt smacks of maximising the profit made from those fans who still wish to give their money over to the current regime.

Thats the worst thing for me. The price of it. £20 would be too much. Ignoring the blue thing, it just looks cheap.

Completely agree.

If the blue top which was posted earlier is the actual top, then it looks nothing like the picture sent to Rovers by Umbro. That top was 2-tone blue with lighter shading under the arms and down the sides. :(

Great post Glenn

I like the away shirt. will be buying one shortly

Archived