BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre Match Entertainment

I recall we used to play that Bryan Adams song, I think 96-97 season, I can definately say it was that season cos we got beat off Man U at Ewood and I think Warhurst was our lone striker and scored..... my god

I remember Warhurst scoring in the home defeat against ManUre in 94/95 championship winning season.

I recall it being the Final Countdown

It was pissing it down and Warhurst scored an absolute cracker!!

Edited by whatistechhouse

I went to the opening night last Wednesday, (the Boss is a mate of mine) and there was a free bar till 9.00. Needless to say our table was full at 5 to.

He is looking to pull in some match day punters, and with the size, TVs and food available I think it should.

This is the man that runs/owns the "French" style place in St George's Street, Chorley. Has a house in Florida?

Blinking heck, finding a car park is bad enough, now I have to find somewhere for my pogo stick.

Maybe I could lend it to Lucas Neill, might get up for a cross then.

Anyway aint it girls who play hip hop, with skirt tucked into knicker leg, jumping between paving slabs.

For a year or so (around the time of winning the Championship) we used to go in the Waters Edge. Indeed we had a pint in there after getting off the coach from Anfield, after lifting the trophy and then making our way to Ewood for the celebrations.

Either that year or the year before we were just about to go in, prior to playing Man Utd, when six lads climbed out of the canal. Three Rovers and three United. They hadn't just jumped in up to their thighs, they were sopping wet from head to toe and had obviously been under the water. One of the United lads then got one of the worst beatings I have ever had the misfortune of seeing until we managed to drag them off him.

Used to be a great, huge pub though.

• 1 year later...

Went in the Waters Edge before and after the city game, and the service was awful, they only had 2 bar staff on. I think it has just changed hands again.

Just wondering whether to give it a miss tonight and try the Brown Cow.

Anyone know whether sundays bar fiasco was a one off?

ok, we'll give it another try before the game.

If the service hasn't improved, we'll have to get the clipboard out and sample the other locals in a "men behaving badly" manner.

Criteria for a decent pre match beer:

Quick service

Reasonable prices

Ample seating

Clean toilets

and last but not least

A nice barmaid, with huge bristols!!! :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.