BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Don't understand why you'd want him to stay. The guy doesnt want to play for us. I'd cut off my left leg to play for Rovers (my left leg is useless, so wouldn't be missed, and I'd still get picked before Amo). Get rid of him.

Couldn't agree more.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand why you'd want him to stay. The guy doesnt want to play for us. I'd cut off my left leg to play for Rovers (my left leg is useless, so wouldn't be missed, and I'd still get picked before Amo). Get rid of him.

Couldn't agree more.

Well said - get rid. tinykit.gif

If, as reported, the Board are to reach a decision at a meeting to be held before tonight's game, after which (the meeting) Barry will receive their decision in writing it would be strange if Barry were down to play imo.

Another consideration is that he is just back from injury and if the Boss is also considering playing Bothroyd (?) just back from injury in the starting eleven I'd be a bit concerned. There aren't going to be any prisoners in this match!

Still, Sparky's decision and all that ........

I don't want to see the fans turning on our own captain in our biggest local derby. The match is too important. I do see it happening though.

Every fan needs to be 100% behind every player who, in turn, needs to be 100% behind the club. We won't have that with Ferguson, so I doubt having him in the team is the ideal way to go.

My Rangers supporting mate tells me it's "D" day for Rangers re: Ferguson so I told him Barry had been training and would probably play tonight. He took that to mean that Rangers are giving up as he doesn't reckon they'll stump up the necessary fee. No doubt we shall see...

If he does play and our fans get on his back, more fool them because we need to win tonight before the onset of some quite scarey fixtures! Just because we have a nice cushion at the moment doesn't mean it'll feel the same in two games time if S'ton win again and we've lost a couple.

I am of the opinion that any negative reaction by the fans towards Ferguson will only serve to weaken our position. If the board reject his transfer request as expected, I am sure he will understand why. I am convinced he was expecting Rangers to make a serious offer for him. There is little point in hanging onto him if he will not receive the support of the fans.

The midfield pairing of Savage and Ferguson has real potential. Don't stop this from happening.

Agree with some of the sentiments recently aired (e.g. RoverTheHill, YorkshireBlue)

I, like probably every other member of this message-board, was extremely disappointed by Bazza's transfer request- particularly the lack of ambition it seemed to show.

However, while he's still a Rovers player, we should all be behind him (or, if you can't do that, at least don't boo him).

At the moment it's not definite that he's going anywhere. Who knows, he might end up staying, settling down, and being our best player for the next few years.

Unlikely, yes, but if people get on his back, IMPOSSIBLE.

Also, booing Ferguson will have a negative effect on the WHOLE team, and we can't afford that to happen in the position we're in.

So, BACK HIM or SHUT UP please (if you vent your anger, keep it to this message-board)!

Edited by millionpints

Well it is very quiet so either there are negotiations with Rangers because Murray has blown the cobwebs out of his pocket or there are negotiations with Viola to get the request withdrawn.

I agree that there will be booing. I fear that it could be like Shearer- in his first game for the bar codes the reaction intially was very muted with only a few boos but after ten minutes the whole stadium had got the hang of it and the din was cacophonous every time Shearer got the ball.

Blackburn Rovers supporters have quite rightly been regarded as a bunch of tits for their treatment of Shearer ever since.

I wonder if we are going to look and sound like a bunch of dumb idiots tonight.

The onus has to be on Barry to produce a performance as good as the one Wayne Routledge produced for Palace when he silenced the boo boys in the Spurs game.

Well it is very quiet so either there are negotiations with Rangers because Murray has blown the cobwebs out of his pocket or there are negotiations with Viola to get the request withdrawn.

I agree that there will be booing. I fear that it could be like Shearer- in his first game for the bar codes the reaction intially was very muted with only a few boos but after ten minutes the whole stadium had got the hang of it and the din was cacophonous every time Shearer got the ball.

Blackburn Rovers supporters have quite rightly been regarded as a bunch of tits for their treatment of Shearer ever since.

I wonder if we are going to look and sound like a bunch of dumb idiots tonight.

The onus has to be on Barry to produce a performance as good as the one Wayne Routledge produced for Palace when he silenced the boo boys in the Spurs game.

I agree the booing of Shearer makes us look pretty stupid but this is very different.

Ferguson hasn't just asked for a transfer he's demanded a transfer to just one club, one that he knows can't afford to repay the fee they got for him in the first place.

He is wilfully trying to rip off the club (and therefore the paying fans) for millions of pounds. He deserves everything he gets

Ferguson hasn't just asked for a transfer he's demanded a transfer to just one club, one that he knows can't afford to repay the fee they got for him in the first place.

He is wilfully trying to rip off the club (and therefore the paying fans) for millions of pounds. He deserves everything he gets.

I believe that Ferguson expected Rangers to come in with a sensible bid. So far such a bid has not been forthcoming. There is no way that Ferguson would expect the board to accept the offer Rangers made.

He's not "wilfully trying to rip off the club". He has told the board that he would like to move back to Rangers. That's all.

The booing of Shearer is only badly regarded because the outside world didn't know the context. As far as I was concerned, it was never for leaving us, it was for the first game at St James' Park after he'd gone there, when we sang for him to give us a wave, he refused and kept his back turned deliberately for the whole warm-up (Henning did give us a wave at Manure and got applause) and then celebrated with gusto when he scored. All that after the "there'll always be affection in my heart" puke-inducing b*ll*cks he spouted about us.

Ferguson shouldn't play for us again. I'd be happy to play him in the reserves. He'd probably refuse and then we'd get out of paying him at all. Little toe-rag (as I said when we bought him).

Any concerted booing of Barry Ferguson would surely just enhance the likelihood of him leaving rovers this week.

The loss of him, our best midfielder, with little chance of a replacement at this time, would certainly increase the chances of relegation.

So if anyone is prone to booing him, consider what you might be doing. dry.gif

How do you know Ferguson did not know Murray could not afford to buy him?

Ferguson has been loyal to the extent that other bidders for him have been rebuffed saying its Rovers or Rangers. There are enough rumours to indicate that one of the Premiership "big" clubs did come in.

Murray has behaved extremely shoddily encouraging Ferguson to go out on a limb and knowing he could not compete in the transfer market at the level he needed to.

Rovers could have walked away from Savage when it started getting rough and expensive.

Rangers seem to have chickened out.

I will NOT boo Ferguson and, while I understand how people feel, it would be stupid to do so. In some respects Ferguson may find no reaction harder to deal with than a cacophony of booing.

Go to Ewood and support the team, Ferguson in that team or not.

I will NOT boo Ferguson and, while I understand how people feel, it would be stupid to do so. In some respects Ferguson may find no reaction harder to deal with than a cacophony of booing.

Go to Ewood and support the team, Ferguson in that team or not.

SPOT ON PAUL!!

Booing our captain(not fit to be though!! mad.gif ) will only help Notlob.

Apparently Rovers' Board meeting started at 1pm today - according to Radio Lancashire.

The meeting between Hughes, Ferguson and Viola will not happen today because Viola has got flu (either that or he and the family are "persuading" Murray to up his offer- only joking but it is true that Viola is a surname from Palermo).

Perhaps not surprisingly, the official site are reporting that Ferguson is still struggling with his injury.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.