SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rovers have granted Barry Ferguson his transfer request.

John Williams said this morning that although the request had been granted, to say there was a difference in their valuation was an understatement - there was an absolute gulf.

Not sure how to view this. Sounds like rovers are hoping Rangers wont meet a realistic price, but it's a dangerous game.

Rovers have granted Barry Ferguson his transfer request.

John Williams said this morning that although the request had been granted, to say there was a difference in their valuation was an understatement - there was an absolute gulf.

Not sure how to view this. Sounds like rovers are hoping Rangers wont meet a realistic price, but it's a dangerous game.

It was inevitable. No point keeping an unhappy player.

To judge from last night's match, we will be considerably weaker without him.

Without a replacement I presume Flitcroft will play in his place as Thompson looked unconvincing in the middle. We also need a striker who can score goals - and quick.

If we are going to sell Ferguson, we need to make sure of a couple of things. Firstly, that Rangers are prepared to pay the £6 million asking price. Secondly, if a deal is to happen, then it goes through quickley, so Blackburn have the chance to possibly bring in a replacement and a new striker. Moreover, if we are to sell then the club should have identified possible replacements for him, because without him, we are lacking a creative spark in the midfield. If this isn't the case, I would hold out until the summer, until we have players lined up and we have more time to sign them, than the few days left in the transfer window.

We certainly missed him last night and it will be shame if he leaves.

I promise you Rangers will/can offer 4-4.5 million and that will test our resolve.

Everton may offer 6 million,lets see what Bazza decides.

You can't possibly know the first point.

The way rovers have worded it, they have accepted Fergusons transfer request to join Rangers - not Everton.

Hmm thats another interesting point.You think we would ask for more from Everton?

Well I feel Rangers will stump the cash somehow.Just a gut feeling.

Lets hope NOT.

Lets hope so.

Dont want him here, we didnt miss him last night and we'll do fine without him.

Hmm thats another interesting point.You think we would ask for more from Everton?

Well I feel Rangers will stump the cash somehow.Just a gut feeling.

Lets hope NOT.

rover.gif we cannot keep unhappy players,i reckon we still miss shearer-but thats my opinion-sooner the scotch egg is off to sweaty sockland the better tinykit.gif

I thought it was glaringly obvious how much we missed him last night.

Thompson wasn't in the game, Bolton were running the midfield all game and Savage looked exactly what he is - a willing runner with little skill.

Let's hope Williams sticks to his £6m valuation and we have a midfield replacement lined up already.

What a shame our only quality player is off, Rangers will never pay 6 mill i can tell you that now, the best we can hope for is 5 mil form everton but then half of that will goto Rangers, Anyone got Real Madrids no.

Nonsense, we have quality players. Emerton, Reid, Pedersen, Savage Thompson, Dickov, Gallagher, Todd, Niell and Friedel are all good players for a mid table team. We cannot win every game FFS. I cannot see how Mokeona and Flitcroft are much worse than the players available to other teams in our position either.

Can we inject some realism please.

If Ferguson goes it will be a loss but we should get a decent price and the addition of a quality striker could see us improve dramatiacally.

ps. Are you suggesting that Rangers have a sell on clause? I do not think they do. The money that we still owe will be budgeted for so no matter where Barry goes the money will be available for transfers.

Edited by joey_big_nose

I didn't particularly rate him, but he does leave a hole in midfield.

Given the lateness of his request, we have very little time in which to get a replacement in, and I find that very disappointing.

What would be even worse is if Rangers don't meet the 6m valuation and leave him here to rot. What if we'd already gone out and bought a replacement?

I promise you Rangers will/can offer 4-4.5 million and that will test our resolve.

Everton may offer 6 million,lets see what Bazza decides.

according to papers on sunday they took out a bank loan for beattie due to not enough funds due to the fact that utd are paying for rooney in installments ,so whether they would have to take another loan for mard arse I'm not sure.

Edited by ABBEY

Yorkshire Blue/TDI -

Please explain how we missed Ferguson last night? We certainly missed something last night, but it sure as hell wasn't Barry Ferguson. Our midfield has been performing, on the whole, like that WITH Barry Ferguson in it. He has done nothing to suggest he would've been the catalyst for a better performance had he been.

My comment wasnt stating that I thought the midfield played well - my point is that although we were poor, we have been equally poor when he's been there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.