SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt any move will take place this month due to Ferguson's injury. He has a history of groin problems and had a major op a few months before joining Rovers. One of the newspapers last week referred to him as having a "fragile chassis". The fact he's had nearly 3 weeks out and has been sent for a scan suggests this is not a minor problem.

Who knows what's going on.

The problem I'm sure, is the timing of all this. I reckon most rovers fans would be prepared to see Ferguson leave Ewood in the summer - given of course that Rangers were prepared to offer a reasonable price.

Thing is mate, I cannot see why we cannot give a reasonable price now. Some of you may have a go at me for this, but those who like my posts will hear me out. I feel Rangers are right not to offer a deal worth £6.5 million for Ferguson. On the other hand however, the deal worth £3 million was the single most embarrassing act I've seen conducted by my club. Derisory does not do the £3 million bid justice. Pardon my language, but I prefer to call it a bad f**king joke.

I think a deal worth £4.5 or even £5 million is fair. The exact amount owed by Rovers is somewhere between £2.1 and £2.5 million ... this will be waived as you know, and Rangers should be decent enough to add at least £2 million cash to this.

I have heard quotes from people with "sources", and from people at the games who "have mates who know's someone who knows someone at Ibrox". All of them insist Ferguson will be a Rangers player again before the week is out, and will play for us this Saturday. Sorry, but I cannot see this happening!

Anyway, back to the "bid". Why can't we give a decent offer now? Even give £1.5 million now, and waive the £2.1/£2.5 million owed. Then, depending on appearances, which he would make, we pay a further £1.5 million?

I am only 25 years old, so my memories of Rangers during their heavily successful days are filled with nothing but big money signings and big names. This new era of penny pinching is a culture shock to even, I feel, the most ardent Rangers supporter.

As I said, I'm 80% certain Ferguson won't play for us on Saturday ... the other 20% lives in the hope that my club can take the proverbial finger out it's arse, and meet Rovers somewhere in the middle with this "deal".

Probable side this weekend:

1 - Klos

2 - Ricksen

4 - Buffel

5 - Andrews

8 - Rae

9 - Prso

10 - Novo

12 - Malcolm

21 - Ross

23 - Djordjic

24 - Vignal

See .... no Ferguson.

I doubt any move will take place this month due to Ferguson's injury. He has a history of groin problems and had a major op a few months before joining Rovers. One of the newspapers last week referred to him as having a "fragile chassis". The fact he's had nearly 3 weeks out and has been sent for a scan suggests this is not a minor problem.

The injury he had before signing for Rovers was a nasty hip injury mate. It was a hip operation he had made his comeback from before signing for yourselves.

He took painkilling injections and some "space-age" painkillers to play every game over a three month period, and in turn led us to the title.

The painkillers lined his stomach will some nasty coating, which in turn made him sick after games, and then the drowsy after effects of the injections kicked in.

The guy played through the pain barrier for us, and yet our board can't seem to show some respect by bidding a decent price for him. Sure, this is like a game of Poker between both Clubs, but surely Rangers have to meet Rovers somewhere near the middle at least?

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

As I said, I'm 80% certain Ferguson won't play for us on Saturday ... the other 20% lives in the hope that my club can take the proverbial finger out it's deal".

Worry ye not.

Ferguson will sign for you on Friday.

I doubt it , Dad . Fergy's doing no good to anyone staying at Ewood now . I predicted about 20 pages ago (or was it 20 days ago blink.gif ) that a 4mill sum would secure his "services" by FeB . I stand by that.

Funny you should mention the "20 days" thing, cause as you probably know, it's been 20 days that this whole "saga" has rumbled on for.

It's gone beyond a joke now. The Rangers fans are sick of it, the Blackburn fans are sick of it, and quite frankly we just want to get on with enjoying our football eh?

The only bonus of all this is that I've found a cracking forum with some "rival" fans, with some brilliant folk and decent conversation.

Even when this whole thing ends, I may well stick around this forum, unless anyone truely objects.

Cheers.

As I said, I'm 80% certain Ferguson won't play for us on Saturday ... the other 20% lives in the hope that my club can take the proverbial finger out it's deal".

Worry ye not.

Ferguson will sign for you on Friday.

You seen extremely confident.

I'm not doubting you mate, people have told me about your track record with transfer news, etc.

Could you possibly give me any more information on what you've heard, without naming names, obviously. If not, then I'll reserve judgement till Friday! laugh.gif

thing is prso

It is well documented that Rangers cannot AFFORD Barry Ferguson at the going rate. Murray for all hismoney is NOT willing to put up or shut up, he just expects that a previous relationship with BRFC is just the same as when Souness was in charge.

The story has changed. John Williams will stick to his guns although I do expect fergie to return home to Glasgow.

I Rangers truly wanted him then they would pay the going/asking rate. Rovers have further made it clear that the final payment is not an issue in these dealings. Rovers will have already budgeted for the August payment due to Rangers and on that basis we will want the fee to be as near as dammit to our valuation of the player.

Its simple really. You dont pay you dont get.

ps

by the way can we not give you Amoruso as a lightweight in the transfer, I mean you pay us 5 million and we give you him for free biggrin.gif

thing is prso

It is well documented that Rangers cannot AFFORD Barry Ferguson at the going rate. Murray for all hismoney is NOT willing to put up or shut up, he just expects that a previous relationship with BRFC is just the same as when Souness was in charge.

The story has changed. John Williams will stick to his guns although I do expect fergie to return home to Glasgow.

I Rangers truly wanted him then they would pay the going/asking rate. Rovers have further made it clear that the final payment is not an issue in these dealings. Rovers will have already budgeted for the August payment due to Rangers and on that basis we will want the fee to be as near as dammit to our valuation of the player.

Its simple really. You dont pay you dont get.

ps

by the way can we not give you Amoruso as a lightweight in the transfer, I mean you pay us 5 million and we give you him for free biggrin.gif

You might not believe this, but most Rangers supporters including myself, would have Amoruso back in a flash mate.

He's known for making the odd costly error, he in effect put us out the Champions League when we only had twelve minutes to see out to go through to the next Group Stage!

The thing is though, he a dominant figure in defence, can play the ball on the deck, and is a threat at set-pieces. I think the Rovers fans have seen nothing like the best of him thanks to injury and the fact part of him is still at Ibrox.

His tears at the end of the Scottish FA Cup Final in 2003, when he knew Rangers wouldn't be extending his contract ... the guy was devastated. He offered a massive wage cut, and the club still didn't take him up on his offer. But again, this was more than likely due to the Banks putting pressure on us.

One thing to realise though bud, Rangers CAN afford the going rate for Ferguson. The only problem is that Blackburn's version of the "going rate" varies to Rangers version. It's that which is the problem. And finally, don't think for one second that Murray means what he says with regards to the £3 million bid.

He's a highly successful, rich, businessman ... he knows how to play the game. At the beginning on this saga, Rovers were not even willing sellers. Through Murray's talk and Ferguson's own request, they have become willing sellers. You may remember, he threatened that if Rovers didn't reply by January 21st, we'd look elsewhere ... it's now January 25th, and here we are. A bluff by Murray, just like the rest of his "threats".

This is very much a game of Poker ... but one I feel with no positive outcome for either Rangers or Ferguson.

Cheers.

Forgotten who remarked that the current stand off between both Chairmen resembled a game of Poker - but that's how it looks. John Williams obviously holding the better hand yet wondering if David Murray will eventually call his bluff. Who will fold first, that's the question.

Not sure about Dado, but I wonder who needs Ferguson most - us or Blackburn. It would be great to see Barry return to Ibrox, but if the move doesn't materialise can we still challenge Celtic this season ? I believe we can.

What of Rovers though ? No one can blame the club for demanding a decent return on their investment, but if Rovers stand their ground, is it worthwhile in the long run if you have an unhappy player on your books ? Would it effect moral if he was chosen at the expense of other players who have commited themselves to Blackburn ?

I think it's a difficult decision for John Williams and I wouldn't like to be in his shoes.

Forgotten who remarked that the current stand off between both Chairmen resembled a game of Poker - but that's how it looks. John Williams obviously holding the better hand yet wondering if David Murray will eventually call his bluff. Who will fold first, that's the question.

Not sure about Dado, but I wonder who needs Ferguson most - us or Blackburn. It would be great to see Barry return to Ibrox, but if the move doesn't materialise can we still challenge Celtic this season ? I believe we can.

What of Rovers though ? No one can blame the club for demanding a decent return on their investment, but if Rovers stand their ground, is it worthwhile in the long run if you have an unhappy player on your books ? Would it effect moral if he was chosen at the expense of other players who have commited themselves to Blackburn ?

I think it's a difficult decision for John Williams and I wouldn't like to be in his shoes.

Bottom line mate, do you think we'll see him back in a Rangers jersey for the game on Saturday? Honestly?

No I don't.

As you've stated in previous posts, this is so unlike David Murray and begs the question, why ? He has only gone and aggravated a club and it's supporters even though he realises that he'll need to table an improved offer at some stage if the player's signature is to be secured. That being the case, why didn't he at least suggest a figure that would not be insulting even though it was likely to be rejected as an initial offer.

I wonder how much damage has been done and whether other clubs will be wary when dealing with Rangers ?

No I don't.

As you've stated in previous posts, this is so unlike David Murray and begs the question, why ? He has only gone and aggravated a club and it's supporters even though he realises that he'll need to table an improved offer at some stage if the player's signature is to be secured. That being the case, why didn't he at least suggest a figure that would not be insulting even though it was likely to be rejected as an initial offer.

I wonder how much damage has been done and whether other clubs will be wary when dealing with Rangers ?

Exactly mate.

How many times in the years gone by, have we heard Club's praise the way we do business. Up front, honest, and professional ... three terms I've heard used in connection with Rangers in the transfer market.

From the private jets, to the contract being discussed over dinner paid for by the Club ... everything at Ibrox has always been done First Class.

The last 20 days must have been embarrassing for Bluenose's living down South.

One sad aspect of this saga.

My wee mate from Oswaltwistle was always hopeful that Rovers would play a friendly at Ibrox and he could show his Blackburn pals the ground he used to frequent for twenty years before moving South. Probably won't happen now.

Pre-season I was hoping it could be arranged and Souness, Tugay, Fergie and Amo would return to their old stomping ground. In fact, i was so up for it they could have chucked Ostenstadt on the Rovers bus and I wouldn't have minded biggrin.gif

Edited by RangerRover

I know it's extremely bad business and it's just being petty, but we should absolutely not cave in and sell Barry for the puny amount of money Rangers are willing to pay, even if it's more than the £3m originally offered. They (Along with a certain Mr. Souness) ripped us off with Amoruso and once again with Barry, we surely can't let them do that again? We'd look almost as silly as Birmingham...

Good business would be to sell Barry if a £4.5m bid comes in, as much as it pains me, as he's on quite substantial wages and even if he is a professional and does his best, it'll still not be quite as good as if his heart was in it. Or possibly if he figured better performances could persuade Rangers to cough up the extra dough. Then again, Rangers should know Barry better than he knows himself so that shouldn't be the case either wink.gif

So, brain says take any offer approaching £5m and run. Heart says make them pay the £6m we've asked for and if their failure to do so means Barry rotting in the reserves for 2½ years then so be it.

I'm glad I usually listen more to my brain.

All we need now is Widebhoy and this board will effectively have been taken over  sad.gif

Mate, I don't think two Gers fans having a civilised conversation is "taking the board over" eh?

Chill! laugh.gif

Don't worry, Phil probably just thinks it constitutes illegal imigration. As regards Ferguson, it is now painfully clear that it is in the best interests of all parties to get him gone as soon as possible. I've always been of the opinion that once a player has made it plain he does not want to be at the club, you get rid, and fast. I don't especially blame Murray for the way he has conducted himself, he is trying to get a player at the best price he can, and is using Barry's proclaimed desire to return as leverage. Any good chairman would do the same. On the flip side, Rovers are in resonably good financial health so can afford to prevaricate in order to coax a better price out of Rangers. If we can get somewhere around £5 - £5.5 million for Ferguson, either now or in the summer, it will go a long way to bankrolling another striker. Just as long as it's not Craig ****** Bellamy.

Think the Amoruso/Hendry deals evened themselves out.

I was sure Amoruso would excel down there but he struggled after a decent opening game (5-1 Wolves ?) but had a nightmare against Gencerlibigi in Europe. However, once he settled in, got to know the defensive system and became familiar with his fellow defenders, I thought he was terrible.

We'll take him back though. Better not. Murray might infuriate Blackburn even more by offering a lot less than you'd be looking for.

I think anyone would be happy to get rid, no matter the fee. What we'd save in wages is the main factor here.

For a long time I tried to convince myself that his presence, passing, shooting and aerial ability (Both in attack and defense) outweighed his complete inability to defend, but I just can't do it anymore. Seems like a decent enough guy who's serious about his approach to the game, too bad that the great players are often ***** and the great guys are crap players.

Ferguson hasn't made a big impression in the televised games since he came - maybe he was better when I didn't see him.

This may sound a bit odd, but I wouldn't mind seeing what a midfield of Savage and Tugay can do. Our utter hopelesness at creating chances means for me that we really need Tugay to do what he does well, and someone else to cover for what he does badly, which I don't think we have ever really had.

The thing is though, he a dominant figure in defence, can play the ball on the deck, and is a threat at set-pieces.

I reckon we must have got Amoretti by mistake...... wink.gif

I've never liked Ferguson as a player or personality and have not really been able to see his contribution to the team - he certainly is not the "top, top player" Souness promised us. Saying that the last two matches I've seen - Cardiff and Bolton - we were diabolical without Ferguson, though I've seen us play very badly with him in the team.

Barry Ferguson returning to Glasgow suggests one or more of three things to me:

1. He knows he isn't good enough for the PL

2. He doesn't have the courage to stick it out in England, at Ewood or elsewhere, and prove his worth.

3. He wants the money and the easy option of "starring" in the SPL

So the queston to the Rangers fans is why on earth do you want this guy back? His motives are very questionable and I'd guess are driven by money and a desire for an easy life. That isn't going to resolve any of the difficulties Rangers FC face. During his time at Ewood he has done nothing to prove he has any of the qualities ascribed to him as player or person by Rangers supporters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.