SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reasoned that if Dado was so sure of himself, perhaps the Rangers message boards would have picked something up.

Well they are mega-sweaty up there with all kinds of Barry has signed stories and there's a press conference at 8am tomorrow (I kid you not).

...all made possible by Viola being replaced by Horner if you believe one of the versions which seems to be generating the most excitement.

...and have yet to answer directly a single point I have raised.

For instance, raising £52M leaving debts of £23m is no good when you are making losses of well over £20m a year, now is it?

How can any club accept an appearance-related fee from Rangers after the Michael Ball episode?

Has Ferguson fired Viola this evening?

I'm sure you know something about Scottish football, but your analysis of the inter-dependent relationship between Sky and the Premiership is way wrong.

1) Rangers losses have consistantly dropped over the last 3 seasons, mainly due to the top players being sold and the wage bill being greatly reduced. Last season's losses were around the £10m mark, a vast improvement of around £18m from the previous season.

2) I have constantly made posts about our debt situation, which you seem to have missed.

3) The debt of £22m is tied up in low interest, long term loans.

4) I am waiting on information regarding Ferguson and his agent ... hope to hear this evening.

5) Everton will still receive money for Michael Ball after a set number of appearances, this number has been increased from 70 to an undisclosed number.

6) And without Sky television, the Premiership would struggle. And wait and see, the 2007 deal will include more live games for less TV revenue.

Why do you keep on with this debt rubbish which I have consistantly answered? I think you're losing your obsession with Ferguson and beginning a new one with Glasgow Rangers going "bust". Something which will never happen as long as a Murray is in charge, and his son is due to step in and take over the reigns when David steps down eventually.

You know nothing about Scottish Football apart from what you read on the internet, which is always snippets of the facts. From someone who claims the Scottish press "edit" things to suit a Scottish audience, you seem very willing to accept internet reports and stories from sources which have as little knowledge of the game up here as you.

No I wasn't saying there was, all I'm saying is that if it were true, I'd think it was good for us, rather than rangers, and I took from a previous post that rangers fans were quite happy about it.

Viola hasn't helped this deal go through, and I know Barry is extremely anxious with the window closing tomorrow.

He may feel a change of agent will bring better results for himself.

What would happen to the scottish premier league without tv money?

We practically get none! Jesus, read what I post eh?

I said ages ago, that the SPL struggles because the TV revenue here is awful. Sky offered us a renewal on their deal three seasons ago, but the other 10 clubs outside the Old Firm knocked back a £50m deal for three seasons. The Old Firm voted for it, but the "rival 10" thought they could go their own way and create "SPL TV". This fell through and at the last minute the deal with Setanta PPV was signed for three seasons.

The clubs in Scotland now only get around £1.5m per season for TV revenue, with the Premiership clubs enjoying around £20m EACH.

I think your question should be, "what would happen to Scottish Football WITH TV money".

Information helps eh?

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Viola got it all kicked off, a few days back you were blaming him for the entire thing. Your story seems to have changed.

My story hasn't changed. Where was I making reference to MY personal views on Viola and the deal?

Nowhere, I clearly stated that Fergie may feel that Viola hasn't got this done quickly enough, and he feels a change of agent may help matters.

Read eh?

I think you're question should be, "what would happen to Scottish Football WITH TV money".

What would happen to Scottish Football WITH TV money.

If every club in the SPL even got half of what Premiership clubs received, it's obvious we'd see a better quality league.

When the Premiership started, the only foreigners coming here were the ones ready to retire, much like the SPL get's now. Your Vialli's and Ravanelli's had won it all and done it all at Juve and wanted a last big paycheque.

Now, the Premiership attracts the top stars, via the money on offer, and through the leagues' "reputation". No one can honestly in their heart of hearts deny the impact Sky helped make on English football.

I'm not saying the SPL would attract the worlds top players with better TV money, but the Clubs would be able to sign better players then the ones on offer right now, would be able to upgrade their grounds, build youth complexes, and bring through their own players in proper facilities.

6) And without Sky television, the Premiership would struggle. And wait and see, the 2007 deal will include more live games for less TV revenue.

Spot on but not for debate in this thread or we'll get nowehere at all.

I said ages ago, blah blah blah.

Information helps eh?

Please, can you give it a rest with the indignant responses and the sarcasm? It's starting to get on my nipples.

This is a 72-page thread, I can't remember who said what on the previous page, let alone what you said, like, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago.

I think you're in danger of taking your football club, and yourself, too seriously.

Rangers web sites have this all as a done deal at £5.25m - if this is true biggrin.gif

Can't help feeling somebody is having a little fun - but I will listen to Radio Lancs intently at 08:00 am

What Rangers websites?

If it's the forums, I'd take it with a pinch of salt mate. Everyone has a "source" or a "mate who knows someone who knows someone"!

When the official site breaks the news, I'll believe it.

*Checks www.rangers.co.uk ............... nope, nothing! laugh.gif

I said ages ago, blah blah blah.

Information helps eh?

Please, can you give it a rest with the indignant responses and the sarcasm? It's starting to get on my nipples.

This is a 72-page thread, I can't remember who said what on the previous page, let alone what you said, like, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago.

I think you're in danger of taking your football club, and yourself, too seriously.

If people would read what I posted and stop taking cheap digs instead, hence making me repeat myself, then things would be a whole lot easier.

All this Ferguson thing is absolutely amazing - the number of Rangers fans that think they will win the league now they have signed him. "Bring some imagination to our midfield" - he hasn't shown much imagination in the Premiership !

IF the rumours are true - I wouldn't be too disappointed at a £1.25m loss on Fergie. It could be a lot worse (aka Grabbi).

...and have yet to answer directly a single point I have raised.

For instance, raising £52M leaving debts of £23m is no good when you are making losses of well over £20m a year, now is it?

How can any club accept an appearance-related fee from Rangers after the Michael Ball episode?

Has Ferguson fired Viola this evening?   

I'm sure you know something about Scottish football, but your analysis of the inter-dependent relationship between Sky and the Premiership is way wrong.

1) Rangers losses have consistantly dropped over the last 3 seasons, mainly due to the top players being sold and the wage bill being greatly reduced. Last season's losses were around the £10m mark, a vast improvement of around £18m from the previous season.

Just because this debt is tied up in long term loans doesn't mean it's just going to go way now, does it? The fact that you are still losing 10million a year is hardly promising - will the banks allow another 30million(or say 25 if you continue to cut losses) to be tied up in long term loans in three years time?

I think the point Phillip is trying to make is that Rangers cannot afford to up their bid to Rovers valuation or match Fergusons wages again, not that the club is just going to go bust over night.

Edited by tcj_jones

If true we BETTER get Bellamy in and possibly a midfielder on loan!

Dont say we have ENOUGH cover in midfield!We need a good center midfielder with attacking qualities!

Too many sources are saying the same thing, both from Blackburn and Rangers: THE DEAL IS DONE.

Its gonna be worth 4.5 million pounds, but the payments are restructured.

New changes to the deal ->

we get around 2.5 million cash. also, the money owed has been waived.

we also get 500k at the end of the season coming to around 4.5 million now and about 500k later equalling 5 million pounds.

Press Conference in the morning.

What a failure he is.What can I say.

Edited by Bobby G

Others are saying 2.75 to us,waive the debt and pay 500k in June = to around 5 million as well.

So we can assume we will get over 2 million hard cash,save 2.5 million in August or September, and get another 500k at the end of this season and save 30k a week.

What a shame,he couldnt succeed here.

I hope we sign a replacement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.