BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Womens Football

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey roversmum & sharrockdownsouth sad.gif , my above post was in jest. If I didn't think much of womens football as a game I wouldn't be going to the final on Sunday and I wouldn't have gone to the other games at Ewood.

Anyway, hope those German birds don't win and remove their tops, they've all got hairy armpits tongue.gif

Well I'd just like to say that Sunday was a lesson in how football should be played.

No hoofing the ball from one end of the pitch to the other, no cards (if it had been blokes refereeing there would have been about 10 tongue.gif ); a good fast game and if anyone went down you knew it wasn't because they were diving.

Well done, girls.

As for you, eddiecolne

my above post was in jest

I don't think so as your last line said

Anyway, hope those German birds don't win and remove their tops, they've all got hairy armpits

I enjoy a joke as much as anyone, an original joke that is. I wait with baited breath.

Truth is, ladies teams' were in effect banned in England all those years ago because they were attracting more crowds than many of the men's teams and the blokes couldn't hack it.

I have to say I found it to be one of the more enjoyable games televised live from ewood this last season. Norway's goal and Germany's second were amongst the best goals seen at Ewood - certainly Dickov could have been counted on to put neither of them away. I also greatly appreciated the complete lack of pushing, shoving and shirt-pulling at corners.

What I want to know is ...

If suddenly crowds started deserting the male game, and started watching women's football ... would the tarnishing that we've seen occur in the men's game also occur in the women's?

Would Blackburn Rovers' star forward be caught with her hand down some bloke's trousers in a nightclub? Would women start rucking on the pitch? Would a group of girls on holiday entice a bloke back for sex in their apartment and secretly film him?

I think every Prem club should have a girly team and then we all went to watch them instead of teh blokes I think we'd all be much better off.

Lee Bowyer on the dole because of a bunch of girls ... quality! biggrin.gif

Got back and watched most of the second half after previously tuning in for the semi between the Scandinavians.

Have to say it was great viewing, neat attractive football, played to the whistle and no writhing around in feigned agony whenever there was a foul. Very, very enjoyable.

It's also worth mentioning that there are more hair bands and bottle blondes on show each Saturday in the PL.

A strong showing of nearly 22K in Ewood Pk. was good to see & a very good reflection of the good citizens of Blackburn. The Park, as always was simply beautiful & provided a apt frame for the festivities.

I was dissappointed the Swedes failed before reaching the final-but the Norweigan's gave a good account of themselves. Their goal in the first half vs.

Germany was stunningly well played.

Well done, Blackburn.

If the England womans team were to play a Mens Conference team, eg Morecambe who would win do you think. I would back the mens conference team every time, on account of mens power and speed. Would be interesting to watch.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.