BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Womens Football

I ended up watching it simply because I expected to be watching Top Gear and couldn't be bothered changing channel when it wasn't on.

However, I'm really glad I watched it, far better standard than I've been led to expect and pretty entertaining to.

I might even make it across to Ewood for the next one.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up watching it simply because I expected to be watching Top Gear and couldn't be bothered changing channel when it wasn't on.

If you had watched last weeks Top Gear, you would have heard Clarkson say it wasnt on due to "international basket weaving".

If you had watched last weeks Top Gear, you would have heard Clarkson say it wasnt on due to "international basket weaving".

Yeah, well you can (not you personally) take Clarkson and ram up his own exhaust pipe.

We saw a great game of football tonight at the City Ground, England grabbed the winner in the 90th minute.

One yellow card, no writhing about "oh my gawd my leg's broken." "Ooops it's OK now."

No mouthing off at the ref, no hystronics when the throw in was given the other way.

None of that crap when a foul was given.

Great atmosphere too. Twenty nine thousand at the City Of Manchester Stadium.

Sorry, I'll just repeat that:

Twenty nine thousand at the City Of Manchester Stadium.

Monkey tennis my atrse

I sat with 100,000 at the Rose Bowl to see the US win the cup. It is a good ticket, and they play with more passion for the country than most of the men. If AESF is really that down on Cole and wants to see players who respect the shirt, he should get down to Ewood.

Yeah colin but the standard wasn't great. At least with todays divers and cheats we have good passers and goalkeepers who aren't afraid of the ball as the england keeper (jo reynolds or something) was!

Must admit woudn't mind seeing carney turn out for rovers (womens)! Right & left foot, also she can confuse even the finnish defence!

Edited by modes98

My girlfriend went to todays game with her friends, I was going to go but decided I couldn;t be bothered since I'd be sat away from her and thought I'd be bored watching it! Saw a bit of on tv and it looked like a good game. Apparently the attendence was something likw 29,000! Don;t know if that was true or not, but thats pretty impressive!

Already said I'd definately go to the England v Sweden ladies match biggrin.gif

Great atmosphere too. Twenty nine thousand at the City Of Manchester Stadium.

Sorry, I'll just repeat that:

Twenty nine thousand at the City Of Manchester Stadium.

Monkey tennis my atrse

321246[/snapback]

Didn't see that post when I posted, so the figure I got given was correct. That's pretty amazng if you ask me. Was pretty embarrassing tonight though when I was told and though "wow, Rovers struggle to get that attendence against 90% of the premiership" unsure.gif

Glad that everyone enjoyed that game and are looking to get down to Ewood for the next two England games.

Just a thought- in the now slightly less unlikely event of England making it to the Final, Ewood will not be big enough to accommodate the numbers who will want to see it.

Better get your tickets now.

coure it will, manchester is an easy place to get to, there were flags from teams all over the country.

Blackburn is very hard to get to on public transport, i cant see it being sold out.

The keepers were poor for some of those goals, but that finnish one did some great saves.

I have to say the women lack in speed

You are joking- England in the Final not selling out? (especially as the opposition is likely to be Germany)

Anyway, a little matter of beating Denmark, not losing to Sweden, and surviving a semi against opposition ranked well ahead of us.

I watched the England game and what it lacked in quality was more than made up by the passion and the exciting finish when Finand equalised with two minutes left only for Engand to grab a great winner just before the end.

321232[/snapback]

Yeah, just typical Finland. Our mens team have also lost two recent games in the closing minutes.

But I agree about the game. It was surprisingly exciting. I Haven't watched womens football before so I had no expectations, but it was mostly proper good open football.

Looks like I have to watch the rest of Finland's heroic defeats in the tournament too.

Quote Colin

One yellow card, no writhing about "oh my gawd my leg's broken." "Ooops it's OK now."

No mouthing off at the ref, no hystronics when the throw in was given the other way.

None of that crap when a foul was given. Unquote

Also it has been demonstrated that it is possible to play the beautiful game without gobbing out every two minutes.

Edited by bazza

Just found this on the UEFA website.

They got the directions wrong

M6 Junction 9  ohmy.gif

According to them, it's sir Jack Walker, they also call Blackburn a city and get this:

Our advice to anyone planning on driving in Blackburn is to get practising your hill starts - just like their football team there are plenty of ups and downs.

biggrin.gif

You are joking- England in the Final not selling out? (especially as the opposition is likely to be Germany)

Anyway, a little matter of beating Denmark, not losing to Sweden, and surviving a semi against opposition ranked well ahead of us.

321287[/snapback]

i really dont think it will. Like i say blackburn is hard for anyone outside the area to get to, and on a sunday when public transport is hardly running, even worse.

Just found this on the UEFA website.

They got the directions wrong

M6 Junction 9 

According to them, it's sir Jack Walker, they also call Blackburn a city and get this:

Our advice to anyone planning on driving in Blackburn is to get practising your hill starts - just like their football team there are plenty of ups and downs.

Cheeky buggers, the fa video is quite funny, it actually makes blackburn look a tad glamarous like some european city. Some people will have a shock laugh.gif

On the radio this morning, Hope Powell (England coach), said 11,000 tickets had been sold for tonights match. Which isn't bad considering the silly 6pm kick off and it being midweek.

it said 12k in yesterdays LET

And 14k for the saturday game.

Which is very good for womens football. Still nothing compared to the 29k at COMS on sunday

edit: i`d expect a lot of people just to turn up too

Edited by slater_scott

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.