BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Bad Boys

• Backroom
Are you an attention seeker or what? Every post of yours in in CAPS, give it a rest man.

330863[/snapback]

Hmmm, you're quite new here aren't you? Abbey is allowed capitals.. he never could speak quietly ! rolleyes.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if you stand next to him the pub, his farts stink and he will drink you under the table ! tongue.gif

330885[/snapback]

they stink this morning wazza tongue.gif

ando 12 posts and your telling me how i am LIKE A GIVE A RATS

Are we any worste than any other team, if you look at the stats our so called bad boys arent that bad. There werent that many "BAD" fouls a lot of our bookings were for discent. Tugays sending off was for hand ball, Fergusons was for kicking the ball away Opps he only had 2 yellows he wasnt sent off smile.gif

In the modern game of football, it appears to have become acceptable for players to use bad language, deceit, cheating, pushing, spitting and indulge in mass brawls. How many times did Wayne Rooney use a four letter word in a televised game last season, whilst playing for Arsenal last season Vieira was carded 12 times and sent off once. To name a few, at United Roy Keane got 12 yellow cards, Scholes 7 yellow and 1 red. Rooney 7 yellow, Smith 5 yellow and 1 red. at Chelsea, Makelele 8 yellow, Terry 7 yellow, Lampard 8 yellow.

Im not trying to say that Rovers are little angels, they are no different from the rest, however because they have started under Hughes to play the game more competitively the big boys don’t like it.

Maybe Mourinho and Wenger who cried at press conferences should look in the mirror at some of their tactics.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport/fo...ock_troops.html

Interesting predictions, I'm liking the first one!  Finally someone sticks up for us!

331021[/snapback]

I saw that article in the MEN and thought it was a piece of really lazy journalism. Since that semi at Cardiff where Dickoff brought down Viera and Van Persie ran into Mad Andy's elbow (Ooh Ooh I've split my lip, bring me a stretcher) we have been labelled the dirty team.

It seems like we will be labelled a dirty team from here on. Still, it makes a change from the side that "bought the championship."

Expect more of the same.

Lazy hacks.

I saw that article in the MEN and thought it was a piece of really lazy journalism. Since that semi at Cardiff where Dickoff brought down Viera and Van Persie ran into Mad Andy's elbow (Ooh Ooh I've split my lip, bring me a stretcher) we have been labelled the dirty team.

It seems like we will be labelled a dirty team from here on. Still, it makes a change from the side that "bought the championship."

Expect more of the same.

Lazy hacks.

331873[/snapback]

C'mon Col, Theres a few postives in the article as well

Its a case of No1 likes us, we dont care!

Im glad they dont like the way we play. If they dont like it then we are obviously doing something good which is stopping them having an easy ride.

I prefer to see players who want to do well for the club and are actually proud to wear the club badge.

At least we're favourites to win one league this year - the bad boys league.

I'm guessing that Hughsie isn't banking on getting into Europe through the fair play award...

Anyway, im sure that some of the relegated teams last year wish they had put the boot in a few more times if it were to keep them up - i think norwich were near the top of the fair play league

I honestly believe it was a load of nonsense about us being dirty last year. There's a huge difference between being dirty and physical and I don't think we crossed it. I don't remember any horror tackles and apart from the unfortunate incident with Van Persie and Todd's elbow there wasn't a lot of nastiness.

As for the semi-final that was mostly to do with Arsenal and Viera inparticular falling over at the drop of a hat.

Against the top teams you have to be physical they all have incredible forwards with pace and technique to burn if you try stand off them they will make you look like a fool. The only answer is a nice hard challenge from Todd, Mokoena or Nelsen. Personally I look forward to a lot more ofthe same next year

biggrin.gif

I honestly believe it was a load of nonsense about us being dirty last year. There's a huge difference between being dirty and physical and I don't think we crossed it. I don't remember any horror tackles and apart from the unfortunate incident with Van Persie and Todd's elbow there wasn't a lot of nastiness.

As for the semi-final that was mostly to do with Arsenal and Viera inparticular falling over at the drop of a hat.

Against the top teams you have to be physical they all have incredible forwards with pace and technique to burn if you try stand off them they will make you look like a fool. The only answer is a nice hard challenge from Todd, Mokoena or Nelsen. Personally I look forward to a lot more ofthe same next year

biggrin.gif

332382[/snapback]

You're dead right there DM. We were physical, but not dirty (or any more dirty than anyone else) I think the elbow was an accident anyway.

There's too much 'He's a world class player, how dare you tackle him' in the press and the media generally IMO.

One of my mates is a Chelsea fan and he harped on about 'Look what Mokoena did to Robben' etc. There wasn't even a foul for that tackle(if memory serves), but it stills gets wracked up as being dirty play!

In any event Rovers have had hard players over the years who are now legends. Hendry, Nicky Reid etc. Absolute heroes for their commitment and determination.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.