BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Bad Boys

We all know we have a reputation to rival Millwall and the late great Wimbledon FC but does this have a negative effect on the team.

On one hand we have the press and opposing teams screaming thugs, bully boys etc and with the Bellamy signing we have yet another Bad boy. The image does not appear great to the club and some may see this as a stumbling block to buy season tickets as thats not how they want to see the game played.

On the other hand we have the positive effect and this is the side I subscribe to, sometime its not pretty and sometimes it can go OTT but a group of professional footballers who are going about their business to get their wages correctly, a desire to win.

Rightly or wrongly we have been labled I personally want to see Rovers win at all costs, even if we are slated in the press for our tactics. The occaisional red card doesn't bother me one bit unless its for petulance after all I want to see comitmant from the team I fork out a small fortune to go see week in week out.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well even now, its tolerable considering we dont have anyone in the mould of Roy Keane, Lee Bowyer, or Repka.

Thats one of the reasosns i wouldnt want Bowyer here. Between Signing and not signing him is the fine line that will separate us from being real bad boys to a neutral.

Of course the Mirror, Brum, and the ones who hate us for being 1995 champs will hate us regardless.

who really gives a toss about the names Rovers are called really ?

When we set about the league in August and start putting a few points on the board, start scoring a few goals, grind out results agaisnt the soc alled big boys and generally annoy everyone in the football world then they eventually will leave us alone.

God forbid, little 'ol Blackburn Rovers becoming the media darlings again. We had it in 1995 and since that infamous scrap on the pitch it has all been downhill. Let the media have their say, Ewood Bruise Borthers ? I think not. I see a far better organised outfit this season and I see a good few more points out of the first 6 or 7 games than last season.

rover.gif

I would rather a hard team with a the bulldog spirit and a bunch of careless players without the spirit the fans have.

We will never be able to accuse people like Bellamy, Dickov, Mokoena, Todd, Nelson, Neill, Matteo, Mokoena, and Savage of not giving it their all ever. Maybe they wont be "good enough" but they will fight till the end and as a fan I cant ask for more.

If Bellamy didn't come with any baggage and was a clean-cut model pro in the mould of Michael Owen then we'd have been looking at a fee of more like £8m. In that case he'd have been out of our reach.

The old cliche applies to people like Savage in that if you take away their aggression, you lose a lot from their game.

We have aggressive players but I don't think we have any players who could be deemed as 'nasty' in that they go over the top of the ball and/or put in potential leg-breakers deliberately.

I think one of the major reasons teams see us as "bad-boys" is because they didn't play so well against us last season. If you over-exagerate any teams fouls and cards they will become bad-boys, but more so if a mid table team is giving chelsea and aresenal a run for their money (some of the time that is, ignore the 4 - 0 defeats).

looks like the blue and white halves will go down well in Ibiza from Thursday, cant wait to don my new shirt just to wind any brum,celtic,everton,manure and everyone else about being a ROVERS SUPPORTER.

The banter in Es Cana is going to be fantastic especially if there are any Aussies there for the test match and WE win tongue.gif

Oh Lord let it shine, so the English win and the Aussies whine

laugh.giftinykit.giftongue.gif

Edited by 1864roverite

We'd never be popular in the press, so it just makes it easier all round; them to find the turgid excuses to slate Rovers, us because we know who many clubs would like to have the likes of Savage, Todd and Bellamy, and they can't take our Prem win away from them.

The distinction between positive nad negative publicity cna be firstly seen to be whether you are seen as a big club. If you are, that's great, over spending becomes visionary building of a good squad, bully boy dirty tactics become fighting spirit. Look at how dirty Arsenal were/are. Sadly Blackburn are not considered a big club. Who gives a french connection?

The second distinction is success. Win and such tactics are more likely to be considered valiant attempts. Everton played some really ugly football last season but then because they were in 4th place it was all ok.

If anything the negative publicity might help us, indeed it may create the siege mentality that cna give us an edge.

i LOVE IT BEEN WINDING PIE EATERS UP AND BOLTON FANS ..EVERY TIME I SEE THIS BOLTON FAN I TRIP UP AND DO A SPIT THE DOG AT HIM...

CMON HUGHSEY SIGN ,ROY KEANE ,LEE BOYER,NICLAS ANELAKA,ERIC CANTANA LOL

WE ERE THE BADDEST BOYS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

WERE THE BADEST BOYS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

WEV ANDY TODD AT THE BACK

WE SUPER SAVO TO GIVE YOU A CRACK

WE PAUL DICO

AND BELLS THRU HIS HALO

I thought about posting that side of things however I felt it was irrelevent, Robbie Savage has only been sent off once in his career so the disa plinary record of these so called bad boys isn't actually as bad as the press make out

The Daily Express, not a paper I usually read, ran a full page on Rovers yesterday under the headline "One More in the Eye for Rovers" over a picture of Bellamy rubbing his eye. The piece went on to suggest Hughesy is moulding the side in his own playing style - which I'd have said was combatitive, no more.

The article sighted Todd, Bellamy, Savage, Dickov as the four main culprits and went on to add Flittcroft, Thompson and Neil (Liverpool legs) to the list and finished up by suggesting if we throw in Ryan Nelsen and Aaron "The Axe" Mokoena we have a full set of thugs.

Which is precisely why I don't usually read the Daily Express, which was also busy selling itself on the Blitz Spirit of Londoners, or any of the other tabloids busy offering themselves as NEWSpapers. I could write the junk they publish.

Unfortunately referees do read that garbage. My great fear is that our reputation will go before us.

Perhaps if we avoid any trouble in the pre-seasons, Sparky should let it be known he would be pleased to win the Fair Play award (ie not a target but at least change people's thinking a bit).

We don't have an unrecovarable reputation yet, far from it. With Dickov, Savage and now Bellamy, it may be messy at points in the coming season but I think referees are under a lot of pressure at the moment NOT to condemn players for previous exploits.

And if it gets us results, who cares anyway?!?! Let's see what happens.

The only time we will get labelled is when we have to put in a fight agaisnt the top rated teams. Cfc,Arse and manure have all got prima donnas who dont like the standard English tackle. They dont like to mix it.

The likes of pompy,charlton,city,villa,everton,bolton and everyone else have all got scrappers and fighters that can dish it out.

its time for MEN to reclaim the Beautiful game, no ponces tongue.gif

Football can be a psychological game. If teams and players come to Ewood and are intimidated it can only be a good thing. If we can get teams worried that they're playing us at their gaffs then that's even better!

i LOVE IT BEEN WINDING PIE EATERS UP AND BOLTON FANS ..EVERY TIME I SEE THIS BOLTON FAN I TRIP UP AND DO A SPIT THE DOG AT HIM...

CMON HUGHSEY SIGN ,ROY KEANE ,LEE BOYER,NICLAS ANELAKA,ERIC CANTANA LOL

WE ERE THE BADDEST BOYS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

WERE THE BADEST BOYS IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

WEV ANDY TODD AT THE BACK

WE SUPER SAVO TO GIVE YOU A CRACK

WE PAUL DICO

AND BELLS THRU HIS HALO

330769[/snapback]

Are you an attention seeker or what? Every post of yours in in CAPS, give it a rest man.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.