SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Asscn

Paul

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You watched Rovers transform from a second division outfit to league champions. I've seen Rovers transform from title challengers to a club that just wants to survive. Don't try and tell me how lucky Ive been as all I have seen is the downfall. Man Utd fans are moaning because they haven't won a title for 2 years. In comparison I am totally justified in complaining about Rovers situation.

Good lord,

What are you on?

It's a football club, irrational,illogical and completely stupid loyalty is par for the course.

Go ask a Sunderland fan, a Torquay fan, or a Nottingham Forest fan. I saw the latter parade two European Cups around the city in the late eighties.

Perhaps you need to switch your allegiance to Chelsea. It'll be far more comfortable for you. You'll enjoy it more.

As an Ewood season ticket holder I know my loyalties are with Blackburn Rovers. If you want to question lack of support at this club first and foremost you should look at our owners.

Why should I join a group made up of several members whoe constantly criticise my opinion? BRISA have interests in views of all Rovers fans...or at least those who agree with their views. Or judging by the fact that you told me to shut up or put my money where my mouth is definately proves one thing. BRISA represent Rovers fans everywhere...after paying the BRISA membership fee that is.

Vinjay. It looks like you started supporting the wrong club at the wrong time sad.gif .You obviously jumped on the 'glory bandwagon' just as it was coming to a halt, but if you`re quick, you might just reach the Chelsea 'glory bandwagon' as it sets off down Glory Road......run! quick! run! wink.gif

My first introduction to BRFC was when they were in the 3rd division & they were cr@p. I`ve seen promotions, relegations (not too many) cup runs, trophies & catastrophies.(it makes me wonder what you`d be like during the 'play-off failure years'???)

This is all part of being a Rovers fan, to be a Roverite, is to know how to suffer, know how to celebrate, know how to appreciate the good times....coz all in all, the bad times may just be around the corner.

If you want success success success all the time, then you`ve picked the wrong club to support. People like you should go & support the Man U`s & Chelsea`s of the world........& leave the rest of us in peace.

......quick! run along & catch that Chelsea bandwagon!! HURRY!!! wink.gif

you desperate for christmas presents Florida? wink.gif

366226[/snapback]

hey they WOULD make great stocking stuffers! smile.gif

Seriously though (before Vinjay hijacks yet another thread)can something like this come to fruition?I would love it ,love it ,love it! (hi ,KK)

Up the Rovers DVDs!

Florida Rover

Edited by Florida Rover

I live in Blackburn. They finished 13th the season before I began supporting them. I wasn't jumping on any bandwagon. My reason for choosing Blackburn was presumably similar to yours. Closest club to me and people I know supported Rovers and still do. If I was a glory supporter I would have found another club by now. Judging by our owners financial position the club should be doing better.though and as a season ticket holder its my right to say that. I just can't accept mediocrity and a reduced transfer budget when there's no excuse for it.

Premier league. Go ahead and abuse your power then. Look good blocking my opinion on a forum populated by several BRISA members won't it? Oh wait didn't SteB say that I need to pay the membership fee for the right to have an opinion which incidentally goes against their motto of representing all Rovers fans. I have yet to see something requiring members to be entertaining in the rules section.

I thought the best word to describe people with 680 million would be rich. I feel justified in saying the Walkers should provide larger transfer budgets. Nobody can match Chelsea and I know even the Walkers couldn't reach that kind of spending power.

6 million on cole, 6 million on ferguson, 6 million on bellamy, 7 bloody million on grabbi

Yeah vinjay, we don`t spend a penny

Don`t you enjoy the fact that newcastle spent 8 mill on Boumsong and we got Nelson for free?

Newcastle spent 10 mill on Owen. We spent half that on Bellers and we are level in the league.

Its not about how much you spend, its about value for money.

Its also obvious to any Rovers fan of any level of education that we don`t have many fans and the Walkers trust subsidises us each year so we can break even. That means not going under, not getting relegated. We are a small town club.

The likes of Swindon, Barnsley, Bradford and Ipswich have all come and gone.

IF NOT FOR THE WALKERS WE WOULD BE WHERE THEY ARE NOW.

I thought the best word to describe people with 680 million would be rich. I feel justified in saying the Walkers should provide larger transfer budgets. Nobody can match Chelsea and I know even the Walkers couldn't reach that kind of spending power.

366331[/snapback]

Hey everybody, although I strongly disagree with Vinjay's opinions regarding the Walkers, I must say that his arguments about posting on here are very valid.

I'm not under BRISA membership and I've no intention of joining, but does that make my opinions void? I think the mods/administrators/BRISA members/bosses/control freaks should do more to distinguish brfcs and brisa as separate entities.

Please don't attack me.....

Newcastle spent 10 mill on Owen. We spent half that on Bellers and we are level in the league.

Its not about how much you spend, its about value for money.

366337[/snapback]

I think it's too early for both players to make this comparison. Both have been out with injuries, Bellamy more so which incidentally could perhaps justify his lower price tag?

And if it's only about value for money, why aren't we pumping more millions into the youth academy to produce multiples of young talent, rather than spending (as you said) £6m on Cole, £6m on Ferguson and £7m on Grabbi - two of which were a waste of space, and the other being pretty ordinary for such a large price tag?

''I just can't accept mediocrity and a reduced transfer budget when there's no excuse for it.''

If that's the case Vinjay then perhaps its time for you to move on next season pal.

WAKE UP!!.......we are not a 'big club' in this league,we no longer have the open cheque book of the Walker years and we certainly dont create enough financial revenue off the field to compete with 2/3 in this division.

THERE IS NO MULTI-MILLIONAIRE SUGAR DADDY WAITING TO TAKE OVER OUR BACKWATER CLUB,WE HAVE TO 'WEE WITH THE WILLY WE HAVE'.......BE TOLD FFS!!!! mad.gif

It might not have hit you yet Vinjay but when you take into consideration the above points we are doing quite well as a club in all honesty.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Premier league. Go ahead and abuse your power then. Look good blocking my opinion on a forum populated by several BRISA members won't it? Oh wait didn't SteB say that I need to pay the membership fee for the right to have an opinion which incidentally goes against their motto of representing all Rovers fans. I have yet to see something requiring members to be entertaining in the rules section.

366328[/snapback]

You can always leave I dont think many people would cry

So BRISA just tell people to leave when people disagree with them. More a dictatorial body than one representing all Rovers fans...except those who haven't paid the fiver membership fee as SteB more or less stated.

im nothing to do with BRISA you myopic one post pony you

If you have a problem with how the club is run and wont do anything about joining an organisation - go to the club direct (which you wont because that would mean producing a rational argument) or buy the damn thing - which ever - please come up with some other topics for your posts or either a) stop posting or b ) have them edited its a nice simple choice I dont think how I could spell it out any easier for you.

Sigh.

BRISA's mission statement is to represent the best interests of Blackburn Rovers supporters everywhere. We will try our best to do that. That doesn't mean we will agree with, or campaign for, every single individual's viewpoint. We will, however, listen to everyone's opinions, the more opinions offered the better, but we will always do what the majority want us to do.

The plain fact of the matter Vinjay is that no-one seems to agree with you. Therefore, BRISA can't campaign on your behalf for whatever it is you want us to campaign for. We have to do what the majority of Rovers fans want us to do.

Finally, I don't know if there is anything in the site's posting guidelines about repeatedly making the same point but, if there's not there should be. Everyone knows what Vinjay thinks about the Walkers now, we knew a long time ago, and his one-dimensional posts are just ruining the whole messageboard - something I'm sure he's quite enjoying. I'm especially annoyed that this particular thread has been allowed to degenerate in such a manner.

Okay, Vinjay, what would you like to see happen as far as Rovers is concerned (after reading and digesting Philipl's post below)?

I think the reason that everyone is getting frustrated is that you don't seem to be able to understand constructive argument and facts - prove me wrong and let us have your ideas.

Edited by roversmum

I think everyone welcomes informed opinions even if they are not agreed with.

The problem you have vinjay is that your opinion is not only fundamentally ill-informed, you stubbornly refuse to accept it when your factual errors are corrected.

Once and for all, the Walker Familly do not control assets worth £600m+.

The Jack Walker Trust controls the assets and run the assets according to the instructions laid down by Jack when he vested the assets in the Trust. It has been commented that the Trust had done well growing from £300m to £680m- it has done well and the Trustees are obviously doing what Jack told them to do. Jack was a successful businessman and his ethos continues.

Both Blackburn Rovers and the Walker Family are beneficiaries of the Trust which clearly is accumulating at the moment- principally driven by Flybe which is currently for sale. Blackburn Rovers are also owned 99% by the Trust (the other shareholders are the people or heirs of the people who owned the club before Jack came along and got watered down by Jack's capital injection).

The Walker Family do not own Blackburn Rovers.

Do you understand Vinjay?

I strongly recommend that you get banned the next time you bleat on about the Walker family not supporting the Rovers.- it is NOT THEIR DECISION HOW MUCH MONEY ROVERS GET BUT THE TRUSTEES ACTING ACCORDUING TO JACK'S WRITTEN SIGNED INSTRUCTIONS.

Edited by philipl

Finally, I don't know if there is anything in the site's posting guidelines about repeatedly making the same point but, if there's not there should be.  Everyone knows what Vinjay thinks about the Walkers now, we knew a long time ago, and his one-dimensional posts are just ruining the whole messageboard - something I'm sure he's quite enjoying.  I'm especially annoyed that this particular thread has been allowed to degenerate in such a manner.

366360[/snapback]

Hold on a minute I think we need to be a tad fairer here. Just because somebody keeps going on about the same subject matter, it doesn't make that argument pointless. Let's talk about another member Jan - now Jan is constantly referring to the Scottish clubs, and more often talking about Graeme Souness. Has she/he had any warnings or talking-tos? Phillipl likes to bore us with facts and figures which I fully accept may be interesting to others, but to me it isn't.

The difference between these instances is that the majority of posters on here disagree with Vinjay. It seems very disappointing and unfair that a voice/opinion is being drowned out on a public and supposedly democratic messageboard, just because the view of that person is not one of the majority.

In response to you Scotty, I knew what Jan thinks about Souness ages ago, I knew what Jim thinks about Souness ages ago, I knew what BluePhil thinks about muslims ages ago, but most of all I know what I thought about this messageboard ages ago.

If you honestly believe that Vinjay's postings enhance this messageboard one iota then I despair.

If Vinjay made his point repeatedly on a relevant thread then fine, it would be annoying but I could just ignore it, but he doesn't. He does it on every thread and frequently diverts the topic from it's original subject.

Anyway, by discussing him we're all giving Vinjay exactly what he wants so I'll stop now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.