BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Asscn

Paul

Quick question about becoming a member. You know on the address part when you sign up online, should i put my home address or my university address which im currently at, baring in mind i'll be the only family member joing up!

Cheers

362552[/snapback]

Home I think would be better.

To be honest, where we have an email address we are trying to communicate with those individuals via email anyway for things like newsletters and canvassing opinion etc, in order to not be spending the fiver membership on postage alone!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are not happy with the committee (or so they seem to be saying) can I just point out that at the launch I don't recall any protest about the committee arrangements.

If we want BRISA to work, it has to be started somewhere. Those who are not satisfied with the way things are being done are welcome to put their names forward at the AGM to be elected to be on the committee themselves - and I don't expect to be killed in the rush! I would most certainly hope that some members of the current 'committee' would stand and be re-elected or as Den says there would be certain chaos.

The steering group/committee has worked wonders in getting this thing started and constructive critisism would perhaps be more useful rather than "I want to know everything - next you'll be wanting to know what colour underpants Scotty is wearing and perhaps Paul should be putting every cough and sneeze in the minutes huh.gif . Could I just mention common sense here?

Things are as open as they possibly could be. Please give the committee credit for what they are doing - they are in it because they love Blackburn Rovers and for no other reason.

To be fair to American, one of the things I always felt very strongly about regarding BRISA was that everything had to be open and public. However, as time as gone on I see that it simply isn't pratical to make everything 100% open (As much as I'd like).

I'm also not a big fan of the "put up or shut up" argument, I want to listen to everyone, wether they ever have any intention on contributing to the organisational side of things or not. However, I'm sure everyone invloved so far feels the same, they just get botherd by citicism (constructive or not) more than me (which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing wink.gif ).

I'm also not a big fan of the "put up or shut up" argument, I want to listen to everyone, wether they ever have any intention on contributing to the organisational side of things or not.

Absolutely, Glenn, it's the whole basis of BRISA, and I'm not advocating anything else! I just feel that there are more useful things that could be highlighted and discussed other than some don't like the fact that there is a forum for the committee to deal with the day to day running of things and basic admin issues!

Edited by roversmum

Good lord

Firstly, if a new organisation starts up, someone has to take charge.

The committee have put themselves up there to take on the hard work of setting the thing up. Let them get on with it with the minimum of interference on frankly unimportant administrative details and judge them at the end. Of course there are going to be things which don't concern the populace, those who think there aren't have never seen a business or any other committee work.

Secondly, what this exchange of vitriol has shown me is that the principal reason for my not joining BRISA has gone. I don't believe the current committee has the tendancy I worried about BRISA having, which is to monopolise debate, to bully their way to get everyone to do what they want and to shut down conversation topics if they don't agree with them. I think we should give them a chance.

The decision to investigate joining the FSF was, according to the minutes that I read, properly considered and agreed by those who attended. You can't legislate for people disagreeing who don't turn up- you'd end up that every decision would have to be made by putting out a poll such as the ones on here. That would be unwieldy and would hamper good goevernance.

In a democracy, not everyone is going to agree with every decision. However, if the decision has been made democratically (ie by those present) then throwing toys out of the pram and trying to bully your way to changing a decision is guaranteed not to make you too many friends. Maybe it could have waited to an open meeting, but anyone who wanted to was invited to the meeting last week, and the decision was to investigate what was involved.

If there are people who feel that they want to get more involved, I'm sure, as they say on the website, the committee would welcome their help. However that would demand a level of commitment. Not being able to make that commitment myself, I don't have the right to expect that I should be kept informed that "we should use 250g paper for the leaflets" or similar.

BRISA is open to everyone. If you feel it's being run by a clique, get off your bottom and attend and change it. Otherwise please let the committee get on with the boring admin that is always required when a new organisation starts up.

Look at this in the Telegraph!

"Blackburn Rovers independent supporters association are meeting with the club next month with attendances at Ewood top of the agenda. Why have home gates dropped so dramatically? And what can be done to boost attendances? Let us know what you think and we'll publish the best comments in the Lancashire Evening Telegraph."

biggrin.gif Cheeky swines. [Or maybe it's a bit of good advertising.]

Look at this in the Telegraph!

"Blackburn Rovers independent supporters association are meeting with the club next month with attendances at Ewood top of the agenda. Why have home gates dropped so dramatically? And what can be done to boost attendances? Let us know what you think and we'll publish the best comments in the Lancashire Evening Telegraph."

biggrin.gif Cheeky swines. [Or maybe it's a bit of good advertising.]

363032[/snapback]

So the LET are reading BRISA web site. Gotta be good.

So the LET are reading BRISA web site. Gotta be good.

363056[/snapback]

Don't worry, this is good news:

1. they recognise BRISA

2. it gives us publicity

3. the feedback will be useful with our own research

4. it should mean that BRISA becomes a regular source of comment.

I think it's great news. If the LET promote BRISA heavily it gives us a very solid base to work with. The more interest we get, the more likely we are to receive opinions and members from those who haven't been interested so far.

Those keyrings were put together by the best in the business!

364509[/snapback]

And they were pulled apart to post smile.gif

Anyone who needs instructions on how to put them back together contact the best in the business, bellamy 11 biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.