BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Asscn

Paul

As we've mentioned the club has agreed to hold regular meetings with us, the first of which is coming up soon. The subject of this next meeting with the club is the falling attendances at Ewood.

Whilst the next BRISA fans meeting (which everyone is welcome to turn up to, although you'll have a become a member to get a vote) is on Thursday and the sole agenda for this is attendances (in preparation for the meeting with the club) we apreciate not every can make these meetings.

Now we know it's been discussed to death on here but we've set up a section of the BRISA forum where anyone can post on the issue of attendances, without needing to sign up as a member, we want to hear from EVERYONE.

The forums are at http://www.brisa.org.uk

Those that don't like posting on internet forums can always email their views to admin@brisa.org.uk

(End obvious advert smile.gif ).

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The subject of this next meeting with the club is the falling attendances at Ewood.

365115[/snapback]

Well I've made it quite clear what my view is.

No win situation (Being used as a stepping stone)

Walkers have no interest (Didn't try to persuade Damien Duff to stay)

Loss of multi million pound budget (Walkers fault as well)

Owners don't outline their ambitions

Mid table mediocrity compared to 2nd in the Premier league this time 8 years ago

Victims of our own success

I doubt these points will be discussed though. Even though BRISA are supposed to represent Blackburn fans everywhere

Well I've made it quite clear what my view is.

No win situation (Being used as a stepping stone)

Walkers have no interest (Didn't try to persuade Damien Duff to stay)

Loss of multi million pound budget (Walkers fault as well)

Owners don't outline their ambitions

Mid table mediocrity compared to 2nd in the Premier league this time 8 years ago

Victims of our own success

I doubt these points will be discussed though. Even though BRISA are supposed to represent Blackburn fans everywhere

365147[/snapback]

If you had read the minutes of the meetings previous (which are published on the brisa website), you would find that BRISA have already raised the question of the Walker Trust. These things take time to get answers though.

If you had read the minutes of the meetings previous (which are published on the brisa website), you would find that BRISA have already raised the question of the Walker Trust.  These things take time to get answers though.

365148[/snapback]

I'm aware that you have raised the subject of the trust as I did read the minutes. However you don't seem to be considering that they could be partly responsible for the decline in attendances.

Interesting view on the world there Vinj.  Do you really believe your personal views represent those of Blackburn fans everywhere?

365158[/snapback]

I believe it is the view of some of those few thousand fans who have stopped attending matches recently.

A question for BRISA from me is what is the strength of the local economy and what is the short term future prediction for the local economy and how many of these people earn £20k plus a year to support current match day prices.

Second if not the first objective for BRISA must be.... to sell as many half season tickets as it is possible on behalf of the club, this has to be an area were BRISA can promote ROVERS.

A question for BRISA from me is what is the strength of the local economy and what is the short term future prediction for the local economy and how many of these people earn £20k plus a year to support current match day prices.

Second if not the first objective for BRISA must be.... to sell as many half season tickets as it is possible on behalf of the club, this has to be an area were BRISA can promote ROVERS.

365180[/snapback]

The first bit of that is something someone raised at the weekend. They mentioned a recent survey (that sadly I can't find reference to online) which stated the avaerge Prem ST holder earn't £30k+ with Chelsea fans earning an average of £50k+

A full breakdown by club would be great reading and I imagine Rovers would be right down the bottom. A further intresting figure would be the average ST price compared to average income.

Nobody has any further info on this study do they ?

The first bit of that is something someone raised at the weekend. They mentioned a recent survey (that sadly I can't find reference to online) which stated the avaerge Prem ST holder earn't £30k+ with Chelsea fans earning an average of £50k+

A full breakdown by club would be great reading and I imagine Rovers would be right down the bottom. A further intresting figure would be the average ST price compared to average income.

Nobody has any further info on this study do they ?

365187[/snapback]

Would be good to see this study Glenn comparing not only the rest of the premier league but with local towns near to Blackburn including Preston and Burnley, should be an interesting read.

Having been present at the Ewood blues meeting with JW and MH, JW stated that it was unbelievable that Rovers are in the premiership whilst the town doesnt boast at least one large business.

I believe it is the view of some of those few thousand fans who have stopped attending matches recently.

365161[/snapback]

I doubt it is actually - I just think that we've been playing crap and not had many home wins or good performances - plus the slow down in the economy.

The amount of money that the walkers put in the club is irrelevant to everyone but you

The amount of money that the walkers put in the club is irrelevant to everyone but you

365264[/snapback]

The amount of money Doug Ellis puts in at Aston Villa isn't irrelevant to their fans. Perhaps they just care about their club being a success more than Rovers fans do.

The amount of money Doug Ellis puts in at Aston Villa isn't irrelevant to their fans. Perhaps they just care about their club being a success more than Rovers fans do.

365525[/snapback]

Vinjay, do you know how much Doug Ellis has put into Villa during the last five years?

Here's a helpful hint- take the amount the Walker Trust has invested in Blackburn Rovers over the same period and divide by five. rolleyes.gif

You are a complete tosser, aren't you?

365525[/snapback]

And how much have they won?

Aston Villa is seen as a big club by their fans and therefore deserve the success and investment that a "big club" should have. They have won in the last 20 years exactly cock all.

Have you written to the club yet about the Walkers involvement and investment ? (I mean proper writing not using crayon or cut out news print). Have you rung up(and not just either breathed heavily down the line or hung up when someone answers) to organise a meeting or emailed them?

Im guessing not as the club are always willing to talk to fans

And Philip please dont insult other posters, its not necessary

Vinjay, do you know how much Doug Ellis has put into Villa during the last five years?

Here's a helpful hint- take the amount the Walker Trust has invested in Blackburn Rovers over the same period and divide by five. rolleyes.gif

365530[/snapback]

Well worth it considering we've two points more than Villa unsure.gif

Walkers out !!!

Here would be a few suggestions for BRISA to take up with the club:

1)Could we have a top 50 or 100 greatest goals ever scored by Rovers DVD?

2)A season review DVD for this year and contiue to provide this annually

3)A collection of the Rovers stars/heros highlights from down through the years(how about using the all time XI as determined by us here on brfcs.com last year as a starting point)

4)The Worthington Cup final in its entirety with highlights of the run up matches from that competition DVD

5)A Full Members Cup final in its entirety DVD

By the way,I would request post match interviews and celebrations to be included from these Cup final DVDs

6)A season highlight DVD from the Prem winning season

7)A general history of the club,grounds,managers,Cup successes DVD complete with interviews,snapshots,video when available,etc.

These DVDs need to be in a worldwide format that can be used to spread the word and educate the masses on Blackburn Rovers.No more videos from now on DVD only.Heck,maybe even consider branching into podcasting as well.I know there was a time when we were on the cutting edge regarding technology but hose days have long since passed us by.I want to see us at least catch up to the level of DVD.This club has a terrific history which is not really recognized by many fans worldwide other than those who have a desire to know it or the hardcores/anoraks.I would assume this would be a relatively easy endeavour for the club in that they could use the existing video in the vaults somewhere.(Who owns the rights to old highlights? the FA,the club, the BBC?)don't mass produce them.Just make a "test run" to gauge fan interst and if one is found to be a "hit" then sell that one till you can't sell anymore!These would make great gifts for any Rovers fan worldwide.I'm sure these ideas can be improved upon but this is something I would like to see.

Bottom line,the club needs to improve merchandising and not that limited to clothing either.

Love to hear some feedback on this.

Florida Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.