SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fourth Round Draw

Paul

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big mistake in judgment that we didnt bring in cover in attack earlier (not sure if we will sign someone anyway), but this has possibly cost us two cup games.

379249[/snapback]

It's not like bringing someone in is as easy as clicking a few buttons on Championship Manager. Between the time Dickov got hurt, and Bellamy broke down in training which was all less than 4 days before the Man U game, we would have had to:

1) identify the target

2) negotiate with club

3) negotiate with player/agent

4) have a medical

That doesn't come together in minutes or hours....I'm sure it's not for lack of trying, and it's a shame that it hasn't come off, but we're all being overly critical and reactionary towards the situation.

Can't blame the "lack of firepower" today. If you would have told me before the match that we'd score 2 goals today, I would have been ecstatic (as would most of you I think). Should have been enough for AT LEAST a draw and a replay. Defending as been the culprit today...

No, my point was we should have gone for a striker regardless of the two injuries. We should have strengthened the attack early on in January, having identified the need and target between September and January.

379256[/snapback]

fair enough

1) identify the target

2) negotiate with club

3) negotiate with player/agent

4) have a medical

379255[/snapback]

As hughes said we were looking for a striker before the dickov injury. So you would hope that 1 was done and 2 would be a known figure.

Therefore once we had the news of dickov 2 and 3 come into effect, with the increased need and urgency.

With then bellers backing down again, even if a deal for someone couldn't have been done for manyoo, it should have been for today!

28 days in to the transfer window and nothing of substance! Give Hughes the money! sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.