SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fourth Round Draw

Paul

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on its obvious a lack of firepower has cost us the last two games.

All our goalscoring threat has come from midfield.

We ended the game on Wednesday with midfielders playing up front and today almost similarly (dont rate JJ at all).

Wouldve liked cup success but I thought that the League Cup would have been the most likely route.

Come on its obvious a lack of firepower has cost us the last two games.

All our goalscoring threat has come from midfield.

We ended the game on Wednesday with midfielders playing up front and today almost similarly (dont rate JJ at all).

Wouldve liked cup success but I thought that the League Cup would have been the most likely route.

379272[/snapback]

agree, i have no complaints about losing to anyone with our current strikerforce.

just looking at the stats for nelsen and when hes played thats 22 games we have conceded 20

but in thje 8 he has missed we have conceded 13

you can do the maths

and shows how important he is for us and i think this was the reason today . 2 goals away from home is good so u cant fault the attackers we are just a different team at the back without ryan

Well having listened to it on the radio it sounded like we had a good first minute, then a decent spell after half time. We was facing a hard battle to start with, just playing Kuqi up front and this desparately needs sorting out.

Another thing we need to sort out is our corners - we had loads of them but nothing came from them at all. I'm sure Pedersen has got worse at them. Saying that, we probably didn't deserve to lost 4-2, especially with a handball, an own goal and a goal from giving them the ball back.

Another thing we need to sort out is our corners - we had loads of them but nothing came from them at all. I'm sure Pedersen has got worse at them. 

379283[/snapback]

Said this a couple of years back and got slated for it.

I don't know what rovers do to players in training but players come into the club able to take them and give it 4 months and thats it. MGP has been a bit hit or miss lately, he needs to practice more.

Without the penalty we may have not let in as many as we did, but still an awful defensive display that shows zurab may not be up to it, or he's just tired. Either way nelsen has to be back for wednesday as should gally/new striker! ph34r.gif

Someone else posted earlier and I agree, a few of our wins have been fortuitous, we would go out the cup today, and then a ho hum slide down the league to mid, or just below mid, table obscurity. Exactly what will happen. We don't have the squad depth with quality. Question is do I care? NO, if we can keep Sparky throw a few mill around in the Summer we are on the ascendency, it's all good.

BTW I still hate football after Wednesday

HUGHES OUT...........not

why the feck wasnt gally brought back, 1 proper striker, and even that was kuqi,

379269[/snapback]

Gally was cup-tied so he wouldn't have been able to play, although it might be a idea to recall him for the game against the scum.

Well we scored two goals, so you can't see we where lacking firepower.

Today also goes further to prove that Zurab & Todd don't make a good partnership, we've concede loads when them two have played together.

Undone by a lack of firepower. Every other side in the league (except Sunderland) is prepared to splash out for a quality striker. I know Bellamy was brought in and when fit he's good. However our severe lack of firepower is costing us results that we should otherwise be picking up.

I wasn't surprised that we didn't win. We don't have any attacking threat and the mid-week exploits probably took it out the team. Going out of two cup competitions in one week isn't good. Hughes needs to bring in reinforcements if we are to stay in the top half of the table.

Bolton have just scored against the Arse.  mad.gif

Only consolation is that Arse might find themselves in the same position as us!!!!!

379295[/snapback]

I'm quite glad that Arsenal have gone out actually (although would have preferred it to be someone else to knock them out). Who do they think they are? Playing a very weak team against a team who have only conceded 7 goals at home this season, its their own fault!

Team selection was questionable. Moekoena had a shocker. No ball control, could not get in the game and lost possession in dangerous areas sevaral times including for the killer 4th goal. Why was Reid not in the middle and Emerton on the right? He must be on his way out this summer if that's what Hughes thinks of him. Judging by Johnson's powder puff cameo appearance Heaven help us if this is the fare for the remainder of the season.

Without the penalty we may have not let in as many as we did, but still an awful defensive display that shows zurab may not be up to it, or he's just tired.  ph34r.gif

379287[/snapback]

I don't really understand how anybody can suggest that Zurab isn't up to it! He's proved time and time again that he's a more than capable premiership defender and has been very unfortunate to have been dropped on numerous occasions. The lack of a decent striker has an effect on the whole team - not just our ability to score goals. Kuqi was brought in as a back-up player but is having to play every match. He can't retain possession and on Wednesday every attack broke down when he received the ball. He should be able to provide a long ball alternative for the defenders when they are under pressure. The defenders need an outlet and without Tugay didn't have one today.

Edited by Walls

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.