SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they did us proud anyway.

dodgy ref and some bad luck send us out (wicked deflection, a penalty and a goal that shouldnt have stood)

on the other hand we didnt have too many clear chances so on that basis the scum deserve their win but they didnt let us down

Bellers and Dickov sorely missed tonight, have to laugh at Fergie and players on how pleased they are to reach the final in a competition that they don't usually care about and only making a go of it this season as they will nothing else.

C'MON WIGAN

I hate Man Utd, I hate Ferguson, I hate Van Horseyface and I hate Graham Poll.

I might consider writing a letter to Keith Hackett at Ref's HQ and complain about Graham Poll's vision being blurred tonight due to the Moan Utd scarf he had round his neck!

We were floored by United's needless second goal. Tugay was once again culpable. I could never see us getting a second goal against United's massed ranks.

Kuqi played his worst game in a Rovers shirt. Not once did he control the ball, pass accurately or make anything of openings that he had. The delayed shot in the first half, and the failure to release Bentley soon after Saha's goal are just examples of his abject performance. He is without doubt the worst footballer I have ever seen in our colours. Horrific.

0-0 game, really unlucky to lose but can't complain about the application (To use a Hughes word)

Positives are that Utd will be without Smith and possibly Giggs for the league game, and also the game emphasised how much we need another striker, so that might just edge Hughes into the market with a tab more urgency.

Also, we need United to beat Wigan in the final as it will mean an extra european place for the league.

We played bad. my match ratings are

fredel 8 some great saves

neill7 did allright i guess

gray 6 wtf for that goal

kizanishvili 7 did ok

nelson 6 rooney ripped him apart

bentley 7 no service

emerton (sub)7.5 at least he tried to do something. so leave him alone

pedersen 6 he hid....again

tugay 3 too slow,no passion what was he doing for the goal?

reid 6.5 he scored but lacked decent service

savage 5 just hoofed it every time

kuqi minus 100 an absolute embarrasment. give him to burnley oh wait he WONT GET IN THE TEAM

peter 4 lost the ball every time

kuqi is the worst player ive ever seen and the slowest. please sell him. he worries me. ohmy.gif absolute embrassment.

you gotta admit emerton did allright.

Edited by nonaynevernomore

so where to now?

we really need to beat the hammers now and get a strker in before tuesday or the season will just fade away

378094[/snapback]

Don't be so rediculous, every league game is vital as we can qualify for europe via the league very realistically.

Blatantly obvious we need another striker, or 2!!! Not gonna happen though i feel. Whats up with Bellamy now???? Hes injured every other game, possible the softest striker around! But how we missed him tonight! I suppose it will have to be the FA cup now! Oh well, at least the general feeling is that were going places under hughes!

0-0 game, really unlucky to lose but can't complain about the application (To use a Hughes word)

Positives are that Utd will be without Smith and possibly Giggs for the league game, and also the game emphasised how much we need another striker, so that might just edge Hughes into the market with a tab more urgency.

Also, we need United to beat Wigan in the final as it will mean an extra european place for the league.

378095[/snapback]

agree with all three points you've made...Hughes has already stated he's looking, I suspect something in on loan will be coming...I don't think he wants to buy outright until the summer, which makes sense.

Don't think there is too much to hang our heads about...obviously disappointing but if Bellers is fit for Saturday, lets go get at win at Upton, and kickstart another unbeaten run.

We played bad. my match ratings are

fredel 8 some great saves

neill7 did allright i guess

gray 6 wtf for that goal

kizanishvili 7 did ok

nelson 6 rooney ripped him apart

bentley 7 no service

emerton (sub)7.5 at least he tried to do something. so leave him alone

pedersen 6 he hid....again

tugay 3 too slow,no passion what was he doing for the goal?

reid 6.5 he scored but lacked decent service

savage 5 just hoofed it every time

kuqi minus 100 an absolute embarrasment. give him to burnley oh wait he WONT GET IN THE TEAM

peter 4 lost the ball every time

kuqi is the worst player ive ever seen and the slowest. please sell him. he worries me.  ohmy.gif absolute embrassment.

you gotta admit emerton did allright.

378097[/snapback]

How can you give Bentley a 7?!?!?

We were floored by United's needless second goal. Tugay was once again culpable. I could never see us getting a second goal against United's massed ranks.

Kuqi played his worst game in a Rovers shirt. Not once did he control the ball, pass accurately or make anything of openings that he had. The delayed shot in the first half, and the failure to release Bentley soon after Saha's goal are just examples of his abject performance. He is without doubt the worst footballer I have ever seen in our colours. Horrific.

378093[/snapback]

he's not premiership standard for sure but i saw plenty worse in the 70's

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.