BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anybody care enough to sit and grade each player?

The team played well enough to get a result, but individual errors have cost us a game of football. Kuqi is clearly not good enough, but it's not as if we needed that showing tonight to confirm that. Also, Kuqi is kidding nobody, Hughes too will realise he's not good enough, and will move him on when he's done his bit (This summer I would imagine).

Our eight match run has come to an end, but not with any disgrace, so let's just look onwards and upwards and use this defeat as a catalyst to make sure we get into europe through the means left to us.

We played bad. my match ratings are

fredel 8 some great saves

neill7 did allright i guess

gray 6 wtf for that goal

kizanishvili 7 did ok

nelson 6 rooney ripped him apart

bentley 7 no service

emerton (sub)7.5 at least he tried to do something. so leave him alone

pedersen 6 he hid....again

tugay 3 too slow,no passion what was he doing for the goal?

reid 6.5 he scored but lacked decent service

savage 5 just hoofed it every time

kuqi minus 100 an absolute embarrasment. give him to burnley oh wait he WONT GET IN THE TEAM

peter 4 lost the ball every time

378097[/snapback]

I thought we were ok, with strikers (and I exclude Kuqi in that) trafford Rangers were there for the taking--except for the Kerb Crawler they are very ordinary.

I thought Nelson did well and at least Tugay doesn't just hoof the ball.

Hard on Peter who had no chance to get the pace of the game and Savage never stopped closing down and breaking up attacks.

Man of the Match--G Poll= penalty my arse

Don't be so rediculous, every league game is vital as we can qualify for europe via the league very realistically.

378098[/snapback]

I know that but its happened too many times in the past where we get knocked out of both cups in quick succession and the league form just drops off

thats why a win on saturday is vital - to show we really are made of stronger stuff now

I thought we were ok, with strikers (and I exclude Kuqi in that) trafford Rangers were there for the taking--except for the Kerb Crawler they are very ordinary.

I thought Nelson did well and at least Tugay doesn't just hoof the ball.

Hard on Peter who had no chance to get the pace of the game and Savage never stopped closing down and breaking up attacks.

Man of the Match--G Poll= penalty my arse

378106[/snapback]

sorry if my ratings were harsh gutted!!! i must admit I was hard on nelson and peter but it was peter who lost the ball in our last attack so it stuck in my mind.

I know that but its happened too many times in the past where we get knocked out of both cups in quick succession and the league form just drops off

thats why a win on saturday is vital - to show we really are made of stronger stuff now

378107[/snapback]

yes, but in years past we were out of both cups EARLY, not after long runs that give confidence to the squad and HELP our form...don't think the lads will let it slide...probably a good thing that we have another cup game straight away...

I think we did well to still be in the tie after 184 minutes despite giving away two poor, poor goals and finishing the game with four wingers and no strikers on the pitch.

We desperately needed our big players to step up tonight to have any chance. Brad more than did his bit, Nelson and Zura restricted a frightening strike force to bugger all really, but that was it.

Smith seems to think that give Savage a whack and then he doesn't do much, and I'm starting to agree with him. MGP was invisible. Bentley and Kuqi had no chance really, though I thought Bentley looked most likely to do something in the last 15 mins.

Gray and Tugay each made an error that could lose a game, but at least kept at it.

Disappointed to lose, but we were never outclassed.

Being as they didn't score on the penalty, we should probably stop harping on it...

378110[/snapback]

Agreed, I would just like to know why Khizanishvilis' was handball but Ferdinands' wasn't.

Consistancy Mr Poll?

Consistantly sh*te. £60k a year my arse.

Sorry it's my fault I tipped Bellers to score the winner and he wasn't even on the bench.

Only saw the second half and was proud of the effort and application of the team - much better than the first leg second half. One ridiculous moment from Tugay resulted in the winning goal. Echo the thoughts of many that we desparately need a quality striker and that Kuqi days are numbered at Rovers.

Wigan for the cup.

PS Roger Jones lives next door to me.

A decent first half, but we didnt create anything after the break. In all fairness ManU could have won this by 3-1 or 4-1 so we can't really complain about the result. Poor play by Gray and Tugay lead to the ManU goals, but our goal was also something that came out of very dodgy defending by them.

Our two strikers were just rubbish today, and the sooner Kuqi is out of our starting XI the better.

Edited by krislu

All three goals from individual errors. Just a shame that we made two of them (actually Micky made two for the first one).

Although for me Bentley had his best game in a Rovers shirt, if ever there was an example of why we need a new striker than tonight's game was it. Kuqi could have played for another 6 weeks and he wouldn't have done a thing. I can't fault his work-rate or the crucial goals he's scored but he simply isn't good enough to cut it in games such as this against quality opposition. United were there for the taking tonight and a little more cutting edge up front could have seen us at least take the game to extra time.

Smith seems to think that give Savage a whack and then he doesn't do much, and I'm starting to agree with him. 

Disappointed to lose, but we were never outclassed.

378113[/snapback]

Anybody see this picture of Savage and Ferdinand on the official site...looks like he's about to ###### himself...if Savage had some balls, first 10 mins at Ewood he should nut Smith and Ferdinand with a "stray elbow", just to show he's not going away.

Mommy?

We really didn't create much, Friedel was in great form and saved us. Unlucky bounce for Gray for the first goal and Tugay should have passed the ball earlier for the second, but even so the boys did us proud. I didn't feel like we were outclassed and thought we could get back into it.

Well done boys, unlucky in a way but we didn't deserve to go through. Now let's get on with climbing the league and I'll be hoping United stuff Wigan in the final.

Yeah but we were in the 3rd division half the time --- John O'Mara--remember him was worse--big dumb and jumped downwards, ring a bell.

378115[/snapback]

I was thinking the same. There are a few others as well.

Are Man Utd the luckiest team on the planet. No way that was a penalty (superb save Brad) if Saha meant to put that shot where it ended I will bare my arse on the centre circle of Ewood and Hughsey PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy another striker or two because Kuqi for all his effort is not good enough for the premier league. Saying that why have a big striker like Kuqi and not put any decent crosses into the box until he has left the field. I like players that put in 100% every game but sometimes those sort of players don't win you game sometimes you need quality and apart from Bellamy and Tugay (what the hell was he doing for Sahas Goal) we haven't got it We need quality please JW and the board please give MH some money to make sure we get into Europe

Sorry it's my fault I tipped Bellers to score the winner and he wasn't even on the bench.

Only saw the second half and was proud of the effort and application of the team - much better than the first leg second half. One ridiculous moment from Tugay resulted in the winning goal. Echo the thoughts of many that we desparately need a quality striker and that Kuqi days are numbered at Rovers.

Wigan for the cup.

PS Roger Jones lives next door to me.

378123[/snapback]

Are you pulling my leg ?

Ask him if he remembers his save at Port Vale when we won the 3rd Division.

Ah memories "some people are on the pitch..." we all were

A frustrating night. Solid performance from Rovers that was undone by two defensive errors (one unlucky and one careless) and a shocking front pair.

No one has faulted Kuqi for his effort, but tonight his woeful lack of control, imagination and ability stunted almost every promising attack we embarked on. He is the sort of hulk that should emerge from the bench ten minutes from time when all else fails. Unfortunately tonight there was no choice but for him to start.

Bentley is a lightweight show-pony who barely touched the ball before the last ten minutes.

Maybe we are now learning why we got Bellamy on the cheap. It seems that there's barely been a week since August that he hasn't "pulled up in training" or had to come off. Rovers look an entirely different outfit with his superb link-up play and dragging around of opposition defenders. I just hope the physios at Ewood can get to the bottom of his constant niggling hamstring problems. A fit Bellamy playing 90 minutes week in- week out could be the difference between Rovers finishing in the top six or ending up mid-table.

Edited by Johnny_Ireland

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.