BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancs V Rovers Carling Cup Second Leg

Well I must have watched a different game Philip. At Old Trafford it looked like an unbelievably fortuitous  mishit slice off the top of his boot............my opinion hasn't changed after seeing it on TV.

378398[/snapback]

Mishit...fine line between genius and fluke a lot of the time...that was a fluke. Friedel would have had a better chance of saving it had he hit it cleanly.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just got home, I'm tired and miserable so I'll keep it short.

We were undone by pure class. I think the players should be really happy with themselves. But, for Kuqi, they have Saha, for Bentley - Van Nistelrooy. It doesn't matter how good the team plays or how good the manager is, we were undone by moments of pure class. Money controls this game and until we get investment on the scale of United or Chelsea, we won't be winning anything soon. It's just so annoying that a team that wins everything has to prevent a dream final in Cardiff.

Gutted.

There was only two things the difference between the two sides

Rooney and the lack of a Rovers striker

My view from high above the Manchester scummy air is that Rovers can be fiercely PROUD of themselves.

We fought, we harried, we scored we were CHEATED

Rovers were certainly not the poor relations and our supporters can be proud that we consistently sung throughout the 90 mins whereas united sang after each goal and 3 minutes before the end.

I am not bitter about the result, more annoyed that the spineless ref could not bear to book united players let alone grant a surefire penalty against them.

That man is a bigger knob than fergie.

All in all Rovers one thing was proven last night. We have a marvellous backbone of a team that can play as well as battle. We need a striker and we need a midfielder.

Kuqi is NOT or ever will be Premiership quality.

Tugay is NO longer able to run the midfield when the opposition have a runaround midfielder.

Two mistakes = 2 goals last night.

Anyhow, FA Cup next tinykit.gif

European Cup - PSV Eindhoven 1 - 0 Milan 01-11-2005 2 yellows 1 red

English Premier - Man Utd 1 - 0 Chelsea 06-11-2005 7 yellows

World Cup - Czech Republic 1 - 0 Norway 16-11-2005 4 yellows

English Premier - Wigan 2 - 3 Arsenal 19-11-2005 6 yellows

European Cup - Panathinaikos 1 - 2 Udinese 22-11-2005 4 yellows

English Premier - Fulham 2 - 1 Bolton 27-11-2005 9 yellows

English League Cup - Millwall 2 - 2 Birmingham 29-11-2005 6 yellows

English Premier - Chelsea 3 - 2 Fulham 26-12-2005 4 yellows

English Premier - Everton 1 - 3 Liverpool 28-12-2005 6 yellows 2 reds

Now I'm not one to normally over-criticise a referee, or single one out to be particularly bad. I will now make an exception - Graham Poll is a useless tw@t. The above record speaks volumes about his inability to referee big games and the examples include:

o Issuing seven yellows in a top-of-the-table, multi-milion-pound clash between Man Utd and Chelsea

o Nine yellows in a Premier League clash between Fulham and Bolton

o Four yellows in a London derby

o SIX yellows and TWO reds (!) in a Liverpool derby

To say this is from the English representative in the UEFA refereeing ranks, it is abysmal, and his performance last night exemplified this.

Bring in video technology for handballs I say, or at least make the rule clearer. FIFA should decide either:

o The ball hits your hand in the area - penalty. No ifs or buts. Penalty.

o A penalty is only given for handball when the hand is used to DELIBRATELY stop an oppenent from getting into a goalscoring position. Video technology would assist the referee in these cases and would allow the viewing of different angles etc.

I really think that in handball situations this would work. The referee thinks he's seen a handball so he blows his whistle if. He then asks to see a video replay of the incident where he either awards a penalty or a goal kick.

yes I was right on this one, I am just so sorry it WAS true sad.gif

378459[/snapback]

And your prognosis for this weekend is ?

I doubt he will start against WH - but to have him on the bench would be brilliant.

BTW - I go back on what I said on the MGP up front thread - in the current crisis he is better than Kuqi - at least he can control the ball and bring other players into play

If there is any good to come out of this then it may be that it has shown the board that we are only a few Million away from being a side to be reckoned with andto dig deep in their pockets.

It's there and glaringly obvious for the Directors to see we simply can not have all our eggs in the Bellamy basket.

AR - I presume you just mean their home support as I would consider them one of the best (if not the best) away from home

378351[/snapback]

I meant the alleged OT faithfull, they hardly sung all night. Away from home they're are quite vocal but they do cause havoc.........

Remember Dunnies hamstring injuries? The "big club" are claiming to have cured him completely by an operation on his back! Perhaps Rovers should politely ask for further details?

378316[/snapback]

He looked pretty fit last night. He was with all his Harwood mates at OT last night supporting the boys.

Good man!

tinykit.gif

And your prognosis for this weekend is ?

I doubt he will start against WH - but to have him on the bench would be brilliant.

BTW - I go back on what I said on the MGP up front thread - in the current crisis he is better than Kuqi - at least he can control the ball and bring other players into play

378476[/snapback]

prognosis ?

a severe away defeat for Rovers, not in terms of the scoreline but in confidence to the team.

Rovers may find themselves losing 2 on the bounce, one a semi final. With the red scum at home again on Wednesday week, with yet another home again the following Wednesday the damage could be fatal to our hopes for the rest of the season.

BTW Stuwilky, spotted you in the bar under the stadium, you didnt look too bad, just a bit too much stubble !!!

May I just put the cat amongst the pigeons and mention the awful stench of hypocracy that is currently pervading this board?

There has been an awful lot of talk about Graham Poll favouring the "big club" by not giving a handball against Rio Ferdinand, yet giving one against Zurab.

With me so far? I'm sure you are.

Would anyone like to go back in time to a week ago when we played Newcastle at St James Park?

We took three points off them and won one nil.

(I bet you can guess what's coming, you can you little rascals can't you?)

How did that winning goal go into the net?

Was it:

(i) by a hand-ball?

(ii) by a hand-ball?

or

(iii) by a hand-ball?

So sshhh, be quiet, lest the gods of the self-rightious brothers comes down from above and smites you all down.

May I just put the cat amongst the pigeons and mention the awful stench of hypocracy that is currently pervading this board?

There has been an awful lot of talk about Graham Poll favouring the "big club" by not giving a handball against Rio Ferdinand, yet giving one against Zurab.

With me so far? I'm sure you are.

Would anyone like to go back in time to a week ago when we played Newcastle at St James Park?

We took three points off them and won one nil.

(I bet you can guess what's coming, you can you little rascals can't you?)

How did that winning goal go into the net?

Was it:

(i) by a hand-ball?

(ii) by a hand-ball?

or

(iii) by a hand-ball?

So sshhh, be quiet, lest the gods of the self-rightious brothers comes down from above and smites you all down.

378617[/snapback]

How about the four points Halsey cost us against the Merseyside clubs, or the point whoever was reffing the Ewood Park Newcastle game cost us? They balance out over a season, in theory wink.gif

We fought hard and we can all be proud cause we forced United to defend with all their players at home for the last 15 minutes, where they just hoofed the ball up the field.

Where was the consistency for the two handballs?

Otherwise despite the pressure, I didnt think we would score, simply cause we didnt have a striker.

What stood out most is that we NEED a striker ASAP. Kuqi is a workhorse but not much more, and God knows how he has scored the goals that he has, cause his finishing is appalling and right now he looks tired and not fresh like he did 2-3 months ago.

Friedel was Superman again, what a save from the header from Horse.

Even if you disregard his excellent management of the club, he's become an Ewood legend with that comment! biggrin.gif

It just goes to show how high pressure being an Prem manager is. At the beginning of his tenure he was very reserved and professional in his interviews with the media. Now he's still professional, but he calls them like he sees them - such as Poll on Wednesday night.

Wow..things got funny down the tunnel...

'Sparky tells Neville to 'f*** off''

Would like to have seen the moustached ones face when he did that!  biggrin.gif

Hughes said to Neville - "You've always got too much to say for yourself. Why don't you just f*** off?"

Well...that's him told!  thumbs-up.gif

378673[/snapback]

Thats a quality story - Neville was prob left speachless!!

Interesting from reports that Rooney was the peacemaker - ive noticed that Roo has been keeping out of trouble lately. He's different than smith who is just an idiot with a chav haircut.

Rooney plays hard but gets on with it and takes it when he gets it back.

Apropos nothing in particular, I had a wry smile when they showed a picture of old "Choccy" McLair with his official red s*** bench jacket on.

Wonder what massive contribution he's currently making there then? The tea perhaps or repainting the cones?

Someone ought to tell the Glazers seeing as how they may want to save costs at present.

I can't remember the last time I was so hopping mad about a game (probably the last time we played United).

The difference between the Newcastle game and Weds was that we profited from one bad decision. Man Utd had things go their way all night. To turn down that penalty appeal was outrageous - he had a better view of it than the Man Utd pen, it was blatant and right in front of his nose.

Normally I can accept a loss in a good-tempered way, but I was absolutely seething Weds, grrrrr ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.